PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE to the Flag of the United States of America
A. CONSENT AGENDA
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT
1. Approval of Minutes of the Regular Meeting of April 3, 2007
a. Annual Investment Report for the Fiscal Year (FY) Ended September 30, 2006
b. Internal Audit Division, Clerk of the Circuit Court, Report No. 2007-04 Dated April 12, 2007 - Audit of Leased Computer Equipment
c. Internal Audit Division, Clerk of the Circuit Court, Report No. 2007-05 Dated April 19, 2007 - Audit of Emergency Communications Department Intergovernmental Radio Program
d. City of Tarpon Springs, Florida, Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for the FY Ended September 30, 2006
3. Other Approvals:
a. General – None
b. Vouchers and Bills Paid
4. Miscellaneous Items to be Received for Filing:
a. Correspondence from City of Pinellas Park Regarding Two Ordinances Voluntarily Annexing Certain Property; Public Hearing Held April 26, 2007
b. Florida Department of Environmental Protection Notice of Permit
to Lexington Homes, Inc. for Monitoring of a Former Waste Disposal Area Associated with the Proposed Whitney Place Town Homes in Largo, Pinellas County, Florida
c. Florida Public Service Commission Notice of Prehearing and Hearing Regarding Application of Progress Energy Florida, Inc. for Recovery of its Modular Cooling Tower Costs through Environmental-Cost Recovery Clause, Held April 23, 2007 and May 1, 2007, Respectively, in Tallahassee
d. Town of Kenneth City Resolution No. 07-03 Opposing any Consideration by Pinellas County BCC to Change the Water and Sewer System Flow of Funds System
5. Approval of Ranking of Firms and Authorization for Staff to Negotiate with the Number-One Ranked Firm for Materials Testing Services
See Item No. 8 6. Approval of an Award of Bid to Westra Construction Corp. for North
County Reclaimed Water Transmission Main
7. Approval of the Receipt and File Report of Items Delegated to the
County Administrator for Approval (County Administrator)
B. REGULAR AGENDA
8. Items for Discussion from Consent Agenda (County Administrator and Clerk of Circuit Court)
Item No. 6 pulled from Consent Agenda for a separate vote at the request of Commissioner Seel.
9. Adoption of a Resolution Approving Public Transportation Supplemental Joint Participation Agreement Number 6 with the State of Florida, Department of Transportation
10. Adoption of a Resolution Approving an Application for Federal Assistance with the Federal Aviation Administration for Terminal Renovation and Other Projects
11. Approval of an Award of Bid to Hanson Pipe & Precast, Inc. for Reinforced Concrete Pipe, Precast Slabs, and Underdrain Inspection Manholes
12. Approval of a Professional Consulting, Engineering, and Architectural Services Agreement with Renker, Eich, Parks Architects, Inc. for Public Works Campus Master Plan
13. Approval of a Contract for Sale and Purchase of Real Property Located at 6100 Augusta Boulevard for the Park Street/Starkey Road Project from Tyrone Boulevard to Bryan Dairy Road (Temporarily Deferred from May 1, 2007, BCC Meeting)
6/5/07 14. Consideration of the Assumption of Ownership and Maintenance
Responsibilities for Executive Drive in Feather Sound (County Administrator)
15. Approval of a Second Amendment to Memorandum of Understanding with the University of Florida Board of Trustees for Operation of the Pinellas County Extension Program (Culture, Education, and Leisure)
16. Adoption of a Resolution Approving A7031331170 as a Qualified Applicant for the Qualified Target Industry Tax Refund Program (Economic Development)
17. Approval of Change Order No. 1 with Verizon Select Services Inc. for E 9-1-1 Plant and Nortel Private Branch Exchange Equipment (Emergency Communications)
18. Approval of Amendment No. 1 to the Agreement with Southwest Florida Water Management District for the Pinellas County Long Bayou/Lake Seminole Bypass Canal Regional Stormwater Treatment Facility (Environmental Management)
Staff to provide information regarding financial commitment by the City of Largo.
19. Approval of the First Amendment to Lease Agreement with Manatee Village Investments, Inc. for the Tax Collector (Facility Management)
20. Approval of a Termination of Lease Agreement with the Board of Trustees of St. Petersburg College for County-Owned Property Known as the Firing Range (Facility Management)
21. Adoption of a Resolution Appropriating Earmarked Receipts for a Particular Purpose in the FY 2007 General Fund Budget for a Transfer to the Sheriff of Unanticipated Revenues and Grant Funds (Management and Budget)
22. Adoption of Two Resolutions Granting Ad Valorem Tax Exemptions for Two Historic Properties Located in the City of St. Petersburg (Planning)
23. Other Administrative Matters
a. Announcement for Educational Facilities Authority Tax Equity Responsibility Act (TEFRA) Public Hearing to be Held on June 5, 2007, on Behalf of Shorecrest Preparatory School
24. Approval of Authority for County Attorney to Defend the Cases of:
a. Laura Jenkins, as Personal Representative of the Estate of Lisa Ann Harper, Deceased, and Irene Szymczak v. Frank S. Miles, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine etc., et al - Circuit Civil Case No. 06-5309-CI-21 – Allegations of Actions Resulting in Death
b. Lakesha Jordan v. BCC, a Political Subdivision of the State of Florida - Circuit Civil Case No. 07-2718CI-13 – Allegations of Negligence Involving a County Vehicle
25. Approval of Authority for the County Attorney to Initiate Litigation to Recover Unpaid Bills for Sunstar Services against:
a. Gracewood Nursing Center, Inc.
b. Manor Care of Palm Harbor
c. Palm Terrace of St. Petersburg
26. Approval of Contract for Sale and Purchase of Real Property for the Lake Seminole Alum Injection Project, Pursuant to Resolution of Necessity No. 06-229
Attorney Churuti announced that the weekly update on the Crest Capital item is available in the Chairman’s office.
C. AUTHORITIES, BOARDS, AND COUNCILS
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
28. Approval of Authority to Advertise a TEFRA Public Hearing Regarding the Issuance of Pinellas County Economic Development Authority Industrial Revenue Bonds in an Amount Not-to-Exceed $1,900,000 for Advanced Microwave Components
Amount to be advertised increased to $2,000,000.00.
D. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR REPORTS
29. Strategic Regional Transit Needs Assessment by Florida Department of Transportation
30. Highland Lake Community Golf Carts Update
30a. Report on the transition of operation of the waste-to-energy facility from Wheelabrator
Technologies, Inc. to Veolia ES Pinellas, Inc.
E. COUNTY COMMISSION
31. Approval of Appointments and Reappointments to the Suncoast Health Council
32. Approval of an Appointment by Commissioner Stewart to the Parks and Recreation Advisory Board
33. Approval of an Appointment to WorkNet Pinellas Board of Directors
a. Commissioner Harris
|provided water conservation tip; and reminded smokers to use their car ashtrays.
b. Commissioner Welch
|expressed thanks to Assistant County Administrator Elithia Stanfield and Sally Everett of OMB for their analysis of the latest House tax proposal; requested an update by Ms. Stanfield.
c. Commissioner Stewart
|related that Arts Alive 2007 will be held in St. Petersburg on Saturday, May 19, with free admission to six downtown museums and popular visitor attractions; and noted that Heritage Village and the Florida Botanical Gardens are free and open to the public every day.
d. Chairman Duncan
|echoed Commissioner Welch’s comments and recognized OMB staff for their efforts in the budgeting process, especially under duress of the ever changing legislative landscape; and reminded the public of the Budget Information Session on May 17 and invited their participation.
e. Ms. Stanfield
|provided an explanation of Speaker Rubio’s latest tax proposal, which appeared in the May 11 Orlando Sentinel, and the House Democrats’ draft proposal, released today; discussed the upcoming Property Tax Reform special session and distributed information; alerted the members re an Article 5 issue; and responded to queries by the members. Mr. Spratt provided input.
PRESENTATIONS and AWARDS
F. CITIZENS TO BE HEARD - None
G. SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS
SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS – BCC
35. Proposed Ordinance Creating Red Bird Court Street Lighting District
36. Proposed Resolution Amending the Safety Harbor Redevelopment Plan
WATER AND NAVIGATIONAL CONTROL AUTHORITY PUBLIC HEARING
37. Dredge and Fill Application DF1835-07/Revised-A Submitted by the Crystal Bay Travel Park Inc., 2211 Alternate 19, Avery Bayou, Palm Harbor
38. ADJOURNMENT – 7:51 P.M.