PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE to the Flag of the United States of America
PRESENTATIONS and AWARDS
A. CITIZENS TO BE HEARD
JoAn Totty, Palm Harbor, re Palm Harbor.
Mark P. Klutho, Largo, re stupidity, waste.
B. SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS
SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS – BCC
1. Petition to Vacate Submitted by Hillsborough County for a Portion of Right-of-Way Adjacent to Tampa Bay Downs on Race Track Road
2. Petition to Vacate Submitted by John J. Welsh and Beverly R. Brunson for a Portion of a Drainage and Utility Easement Located on Lot 27, Block E, Replat of Alston Heights No. 3 Subdivision
3. Proposed Ordinance Extending the Idle Speed/No Wake Zone for South Pasadena
4. Case Q Z/LU-2-12-05
Application of Sembler Creekside Partnership, #1, in Care of Pete Flint and Pinellas County, in Care of Jim Meloy, Real Estate Division, through Johnson, Pope, Bokor, Ruppel & Burns, LLP, Representative, for an Amendment to a Previously Approved Development Agreement to Include Single-Family Attached and Detached Development for a Total of 90 Units Which Includes a 50% Density Bonus for Affordable Housing with a Building Height of 45 Feet and Variances to Reduce the Minimum Common Open Space Requirement, Distance between Structures, Front Setback, Setback Separation Requirement between Single-Family Attached and Detached Units, Lot Size, and Sidewalk Requirements on Approximately 9.7 Acres Located on the South Side of 52nd Avenue and the CSX Railroad and Lying North of Joe's Creek
COUNTYWIDE PLANNING AUTHORITY (CPA) PUBLIC HEARINGS
Consideration of the Following Proposals to Amend the Adopted Countywide Future Land Use Plan:
a. Case CW 07-11 – Clearwater
1.8 Acres More or Less Located at 2060 Evergreen Drive; Amendment from Residential Urban to Residential Medium
b. Case CW 07-12 – Pinellas County
0.2 Acre More or Less Located on the Northwest Corner of County Road 1 and Sandra Drive; Amendment from Residential Low Medium to Residential/Office General
c. Case CW 07-10 – St. Petersburg (Special Area Plan 07-01)
7,789 Acres More or Less Located throughout the City of St. Petersburg Amendment from Recreation/Open Space, Residential Urban, Residential Medium, Residential High, Residential Very High, Residential/Office General, Residential/Office/Retail, Commercial General, Institutional, Industrial Limited, Industrial General, and Community Redevelopment District to Planned Redevelopment – Residential, Planned Redevelopment – Mixed-Use, and Planned Redevelopment – Commercial
Request for action by City of St. Petersburg on Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO)
C. CONSENT AGENDA
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT
6. Approval of Minutes – None
a. Capital Improvement Program, Six-Year Work Plan, Fiscal Year (FY) 2007 through FY 2012, Pinellas County, Florida
b. Internal Audit Division, Clerk of the Circuit Court, Report No. 2007-02 Dated March 8, 2007 – Audit of Employee Health Benefit Funds
c. Southwest Florida Water Management District 2007 Consolidated Annual Report
d. Juvenile Welfare Board Financial Statements and Schedules and Reports for FY Ended September 30, 2006
e. Pinellas County Arts Council Financial Statements Dated September 30, 2006
f. Dock Fee Report for the Month of February 2007
8. Other Approvals:
a. General – None
b. Vouchers and Bills Paid
9. Miscellaneous Items to be Received for Filing:
a. Correspondence from City of Pinellas Park Regarding Two Ordinances Voluntarily Annexing Certain Property; Public Hearing Held March 22, 2007
b. Homeowners Association of Highland Lakes, Inc. 2007 Board of Directors Slate of Officers
10. Approval of a Plat for Recording
11. Approval of Partial Release of Funds Held as Completion Surety
12. Approval of the Termination of a Drainage and Utility Easement by General Release at 921 Berkley Place
13. Approval of Ratification of an Emergency Award of Bid to Angle & Schmid, Inc. for Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority Building Renovations, Minimum Security Detention Facility
14. Approval of Amendment No. 1 to the Social Action Funding Agreement with the Young Women’s Christian Association of Tampa Bay, Inc. for Services Directly Related to Human Trafficking (Human Services)
Authorities, Boards, and Councils
15. Approval of Composite Annexation Report 2000/01 through 2005/06
D. REGULAR AGENDA
None 16. Items for Discussion from Consent Agenda (County Administrator and Clerk of Circuit Court)
17. Approval of a Contract for Sale and Purchase of Real Property Located at 124 Knollwood Road for Keystone Road from U.S. Highway 19 to East Lake Road
18. Approval of a Contract for Sale and Purchase of Real Property Located at 1108 East Tarpon Avenue for Keystone Road from U.S. Highway 19 to East Lake Road
19. Approval of an Interlocal Agreement with the City of Clearwater for Maintenance of Traffic Control Signals and Devices
20. Approval of an Increase in the Annual Contract with ITT Flygt LLC for Pumps, Parts, and Repairs
21. Approval of an Increase in the Annual Contract with Premier Chemicals, LLC for Magnesium Hydroxide Suspension
22. Adoption of a Resolution to Approval A7020537517 as a Qualified Applicant for the Qualified Target Industry Tax Refund Program (Economic Development)
23. Adoption of a Resolution to Close the Solid Waste Trust Fund and Transfer the Assets, Liabilities, and Equities to the Solid Waste Revenue and Operating Fund (Management and Budget)
24. Other Administrative Matters
4-17-07 a. Announcement for Pinellas County Health Educational Facilities Authority
Authorization to advertise Tax Equity Fiscal Responsibility (TEFRA) Hearing re issuance of not-to-exceed $14,500,000 Pinellas County Health Facilities Authority (or Authority) Health System Revenue Bonds for the Authority’s Refunding Revenue Bonds (St. Mark Village Project), Series 2007 on behalf of St. Mark Village, Inc.
25. Approval of Authority for County Attorney to Defend to the Cases of:
a. Natasha Allen v. Robert Cahoon, Jr., and Pinellas County Sheriffs Office - Circuit Civil Case No. 07-1882-CI-007 - Allegations of Negligence Resulting in Personal Injuries
b. Gwendolyn Garland v. Jim Coats, Deputy D. Bradley, and Deputy
B. Sison – U.S. Middle District Court Case No. 8:06cv1948-T26-EAJ - Allegations of Assault and Battery, Excessive Forces and Violation of Federal Civil Rights and Contract Approval Retroactive to December 1, 2006
for time certain of two weeks 26. Approval of Authority for the County Attorney to Initiate Foreclosure
Action in the Case of Pinellas County v. Crest Capital, LLP and
Milmarson Development Corporation, LLC for More Than $3,400,000 in State Housing Initiatives Partnership Funding
27. Approval of a Revised Exhibit A to the Contract for Legal Services with Williams, Mullen, Clark & Dobbins Retroactive to March 19, 2007
Corrected information submitted earlier re Item No. 17; supermajority vote is required not only by Board policy but also by state statute.
E. AUTHORITIES, BOARDS, AND COUNCILS
29. Adoption of a Resolution to Approve the Final Draft of the Countywide Consistency Report with Staff’s Recommended Deletions
with concerns regarding introductory paragraph on page 5 and recommended action No. 8 as noted in the agenda memorandum dated April 3, 2007.
WATER AND NAVIGATION CONTROL AUTHORITY
30. Consideration of an Appeal of Private Dock Permit P37718-06 Submitted by Sally Fonner, 1268 Bayshore Boulevard, Clearwater Harbor, Dunedin
31. Approval of Request for Permit Extension for CC34834-04 Submitted by the City of Clearwater, State Road 60 (Memorial Causeway), Mandalay Channel, Clearwater
F. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR REPORTS
32. Legislative Update re property tax reform by Assistant County Administrator Elithia V. Stanfield.
G. COUNTY COMMISSION
33. Approval of a Youth Advisory Committee Appointment
a. Commissioner Latvala
|commented regarding property tax reform.
b. Commissioner Welch
|thanked Commissioner Latvala for her leadership; thanked Elithia Stanfield and Sally Everett for assistance with legislative delegation.
c. Commissioner Harris
|offered water conservation tip; update re Youth Advisory Committee trip to Tallahassee.
d. Commissioner Stewart
|expressed congratulations to Gators on national championship; presented update re Tampa Bay Regional Planning Council awards luncheon.
e. Chairman Duncan
|indicated revised schedule for budget meetings will be forthcoming.
12:30 P.M. ADJOURNMENT