PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE to the Flag of the United States of America
PRESENTATIONS and AWARDS
A. CITIZENS TO BE HEARD
JoAn Totty, Palm Harbor, re Palm Harbor.
Ray Brooks, Clearwater, re Pennies for Pinellas.
Mark Klutho, Largo, re stupidity, waste.
B. SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS
COUNTYWIDE PLANNING AUTHORITY (CPA) PUBLIC HEARINGS
1. Proposed Ordinance Amending the Countywide Future Land Use Plan Rules Regarding Map Amendment Submission Requirements (Second Public Hearing)
Consideration of the Following Proposals to Amend the Adopted Countywide Future Land Use Plan:
a. Case 07-06 – Pinellas County
0.1 Acre More or Less on the North Side of 143rd Avenue Approximately 50 Feet East of 63rd Street North; Amendment from Residential Low to Industrial Limited
b. Case 07-07 – Oldsmar
9.7 Acres on the North Side of Douglas Road, East of Hayes Road and West of Commerce Boulevard; Amendment from Residential Medium, Residential Medium with Water/Drainage Feature, Residential Medium with Transportation/Utility Overlay, Transportation/Utility, Transportation/Utility with Water/Drainage Feature, and Water with Water/Drainage Feature to Institutional, Institutional with Water/Drainage Feature, Institutional with Transportation/Utility Overlay, and Water with Water/Drainage Feature
a. Case CW 06-52 – Tarpon Springs (Temporarily Deferred from
January 9, 2007, CPA Meeting)
9.0 Acres More or Less Located at 625 and 631 North Jasmine Avenue; Amendment from Residential Low and Preservation to Residential Urban and Preservation
b. Case CW 06-53 – Tarpon Springs (Temporarily Deferred from
January 9, 2007, CPA Meeting)
6.9 Acres More or Less Located at 615 North Jasmine Avenue; Amendment from Industrial Limited to Residential Urban, Residential Urban with Transportation/Utility Overlay, Preservation, and Preservation with Transportation/Utility Overlay
c. Case CW 07-04 – Pinellas County
0.6 Acre More or Less Located on the Northeast Corner of Nebraska Avenue and Belcher Road; Amendment from Residential Low and Preservation to Residential/Office Limited and Preservation
d. Case CW 07-08 – Clearwater
2.1 Acres More or Less Located at 2295 McMullen Booth Road; Amendment from Residential Suburban to Institutional
e. Case CW 07-09 – Clearwater
2.2 Acres More or Less Located on the West Side of Kings Highway 130 Feet South of Woodlawn Terrace; Amendment from Institutional to Residential Medium
WATER AND NAVIGATION CONTROL AUTHORITY PUBLIC HEARINGS
4. Dredge and Fill Application DF1799-06 Submitted by Santa Madeira Investment Partners LLC, Lots 11-14 American Legion Drive, Boca Ciega Bay, Madeira Beach
5. Multi-Use Dock Application M37044-06/Revised Submitted by Santa Madeira Investment Partners LLC, 601 American Legion Drive and Lots 11-14 American Legion Drive, Boca Ciega Bay, Madeira Beach
6. Dredge and Fill Application DF1758-06 Submitted by Baywood Drive North Dredge/John Imperato, 532 through 594 Baywood Drive North and 433 through 527 South Paula Drive, Canal off of St. Joseph Sound, Dunedin
7. Multi-Use Dock Application M37266-06/Revised-A Submitted by Blind Pass Lagoons/Gary Morris, 9805 Harrell Avenue, Blind Pass, Treasure Island
SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS – BCC
8. Proposed Ordinance Amending the Pinellas County Land Development Code Concerning Mosquito Control
C. CONSENT AGENDA
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT
9. Approval of Minutes of Regular Meeting of January 23, 2007
a. Pinellas County, Florida, Statement of County Funded Court-Related Functions, Sections 29.008 and 29.0085, Florida Statutes, for the Year Ended September 30, 2006 (with Independent Auditors’ Report Thereon)
b. Juvenile Welfare Board of Pinellas County Interim Financial Reports (Unaudited) Dated December 31, 2006
c. Foreign Trade Zone 193 Annual Report for the Period October 1, 2005 - September 30, 2006
d. Quarterly Report of Routine Dock Permits Issued from October 1, 2006 through December 31, 2006
e. Dock Fee Report for the Month of January 2007
11. Other Approvals:
a. General – None
b. Vouchers and Bills Paid
12. Miscellaneous Items to be Received for Filing:
a. Florida Public Service Commission Notice of Proposed Agency Action Order Approving an Increase in Wastewater Rates in Pinellas County by Tierra Verde Utilities, Inc.
b. Florida Public Service Commission Notice of Prehearing and
Hearing Regarding Petition by Tampa Electric Company for Approval of a New Environmental Program for Cost Recovery through the Environmental Cost Recovery Clause Held February 22, 2007 and March 5, 2007, Respectively, in Tallahassee
c. City of Safety Harbor Ordinance No. 2007-02 Adopted February 5, 2007, Annexing Certain Property
d. Resolutions Opposing the Pinellas County BCC Changing the Water and Sewer System Flow of Funds System:
1. City of Indian Rocks Beach Resolution No. 2007-13 Adopted January 23, 2007
2. City of Seminole Resolution No. 01-2007 Adopted January 23, 2007
13. Approval to Accept a Plat for Recording
14. Approval of a Partial Release of Funds Held as Completion Surety
15. Approval of an Award of Base Bid Plus Option 1 to R.E. Purcell Construction Co., Inc. for Florida Avenue and 14th Street North to Bee Branch Creek
See No. 23 16. Approval of an Award of Base Bid Plus Alternates 1 and 2 to Southern
Roofing Company, Inc. for Extension Building Roof and Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning Replacement
17. Approval of Change Order No. 1 Final, Acceptance of the Agreement as Complete, and Release of Retainage with Oakhurst Construction Co., Inc. for South Cross Storage Facility
18. Approval of an Award of Bid to Weatherford Engineered Chemistry for Methanol Fuel
19. Approval of the Ranking of Firms and Authorization for Staff to Negotiate with the Number One Ranked Firm for Lake Seminole Dredging Project (Environmental Management)
20. Approval of Budget Amendments (Management and Budget):
a. No. 42 for Fiscal Year (FY) 2006
b. No. 10 for FY 2007
See No. 23 21. Approval to Declare Surplus, Authorize the Sale of Miscellaneous
County-Owned Equipment, and Distribute Sale’s Proceeds from Governmental Funds to Fleet Internal Service Fund to Offset Replacement Cost of Future Vehicles (Purchasing)
22. Approval of the Quarterly Receipt and File Report of Claim Settlements from October 1, 2006, through December 31, 2006 (Risk Management/County Attorney)
D. REGULAR AGENDA
23. Items for Discussion from Consent Agenda (County Administrator and Clerk of Circuit Court)
Agenda Items Nos. 16 and 21 discussed and approved.
24. Approval of Installation of Three Speed Humps on 82nd Avenue North between Oakhurst Road and 131st Street North
25. Approval of Installation of Four Multi-Way Stop Conditions and Three Speed Humps, One Pending Future Studies, on 49th Avenue North between 71st Street North and 66th Street North
26. Approval of Amendment No. 1 to the Agreement for Consultant Services with Parsons Engineering Science, Inc. for Bear Creek Channel Improvements
27. Adoption of a Resolution for Assessment for Drainage Improvements to The Glades Phases I and II and Catalina Cove, Unit 5, Lots 1 through 4
28. Approval of Amendment No. 1 to the Agreement for Consultant Services with Ash Engineering, Inc. for Capri Isle 16” and 24” Water Main Replacements
29. Approval of an Agreement with Camp Dresser & McKee Inc for Waste-to-Energy Consulting Services
30. Adoption of the 2007-2008 Federal Legislative Program (County Administrator)
Revised 31. Adoption of a Resolution to Temporarily Waive Section 6-47(a), Pinellas
County Code for Golden Retriever Rescue of Mid-Florida for the Second Annual St. Patrick’s Day Festival in Historic Downtown Palm Harbor (Community Development)
Staff requested to present proposed ordinance re resolution waivers in near future.
32. Adoption of a Resolution to Approve A5092141472 as a Qualified Applicant for the Qualified Target Industry Tax Refund Program (Economic Development)
33. Adoption of a Resolution to Approve A6120140339 as a Qualified Applicant for the Qualified Target Industry Tax Refund Program (Economic Development)
34. Adoption of a Resolution to Approve A5072733330 as a Qualified Applicant for the Qualified Target Industry Tax Refund Program (Economic Development)
35. Adoption of a Resolution to Regulate Expressive Activities on County-Owned and County-Leased Facilities (Facility Management)
36. Approval of Authority for County Administrator to Cancel the Lease Agreement with the City of Belleair Bluffs for Public Park and Recreation Purposes (Facility Management)
37. Approval of Amendment No. 1 to Lease Agreement with Demko Vending, Inc. for Food Service Operations at the Courthouse (Facility Management)
38. Approval of a Purchase Authorization with Five Vendors for Vehicles and Equipment 2007 (Fleet Management)
39. Adoption of a Resolution Appropriating Earmarked Receipts for a Particular Purpose in the FY 2007 Capital Projects Fund Budget for Unanticipated Grant Revenue for the Department of Environmental Management’s Dune Walkovers Project (Management and Budget)
40. Adoption of a Resolution Appropriating Earmarked Receipts for a Particular Purpose in the FY 2007 STAR Center Fund Budget for Unanticipated Grant Revenues, Deferred Grant Revenues, and Reallocation of Reserves for Various Capital Projects (Management and Budget)
41. Adoption of a Resolution Appropriating Earmarked Receipts for a Particular Purpose in the FY 2007 General Fund Budget for Transfer of Unanticipated Grant Revenue to the Sheriff (Management and Budget)
42. Adoption of a Resolution Supporting the City of Tarpon Springs’ Application to the Department of Community Affairs for Designation of the Tarpon Springs’ Waterfront as a Waterfronts Florida Partnership Community (Planning)
43. Other Administrative Matters
3-20-07 a. Announcement for Pinellas County Educational Facilities
Authorization to advertise Tax Equity Fiscal Responsibility (TEFRA) Hearing re issuance of not-to-exceed $4,500,000 Pinellas County Educational Facilities Authority Revenue and Revenue Refunding Bonds (Admiral Farragut Academy Project), Series 2007.
44. Approval of Authority for the County Attorney to Defend the Cases of:
a. Branch Banking and Trust Company v. Dennis Lucas, et al - Circuit Civil Case No. 07-1343-CI-08 - Mortgage Foreclosure Involving a Community Development Mortgage
b. Linda Bernard v. Pinellas County Emergency Medical Services –
County Court Case No. 07-000988-SC-SPC – Small Claims Action
c. Ken O’Keefe v. Pinellas County Animal Services – Circuit Civil
Case No. 07-1390-CI-15 – Challenge to the Pinellas County Animal Control Ordinance
d. Gregory Pesa v. Tarpon Springs Hospital Foundation, Inc., et al –
Circuit Civil Case No. 07-1455-CI-20 – Interpleader Action
45. Approval of Recommendation of Offer of Judgment in Pinellas County v. Patricia S. Humberstone, as Trustee - Circuit Civil Case No. 06-2019-CI-21, Parcel P001-R1 – Eminent Domain/Airport
46. Approval of Recommendation of Settlement in the Case of Stephen and Angela Spencer v. Pinellas County, et al - Circuit Civil Case No. 03-1349-CI-21 – Trespass, Nuisance and Negligence
Update re status of various cities approval of Charter Review Commission litigation resolution.
Mosquito control violation is Class 2 Fine in amount of $188, which doubles for each subsequent violation up to a total of $500.
E. AUTHORITIES, BOARDS, AND COUNCILS
48. Approval of Minor Plan Change to Beach By Design Special Area Plan – MPC No. 07-01
F. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR REPORTS
49. Legislative Update by Assistant County Administrator Elithia V. Stanfield.
Memorandum re East Lake Road Wells Water Use Permit – recommendation presented to withdraw County’s water use permit application from further consideration by Southwest Florida Water Management District (SWFWMD) at this time – matter to be discussed at March 15, 2007 work session.
G. COUNTY COMMISSION
50. Approval of Two Appointments to WorkNet Pinellas Board of Directors
51. Approval of an Appointment to the Pinellas County Park Advisory Board
52. Approval of an Appointment to the Pinellas Public Library Cooperative
Board of Directors
|a. Commissioner Harris
||re thanks to Assistant County Administrator Elithia V. Stanfield for support; water conservation tip; consumer tip.
|b. Commissioner Seel
||re Move It, Move It Challenge from March 17 to April 1, 2007.
|c. Commissioner Welch
||re March 12, 2007 Faith in Action through Strength Together (FAST) meeting – housing issues; thanks to staff and members re efforts on Penny for Pinellas; reminder to citizens to vote and support Penny.
|d. Vice-Chairman Stewart
||re good-bye to retiring Assistant County Administrator Keith Wicks.
12:04 P.M. ADJOURNMENT