PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE to the Flag of the United States of America
PRESENTATIONS and AWARDS
A. CITIZENS TO BE HEARD
JoAn Totty, Palm Harbor, re Palm Harbor traffic.
Mark Klutho, Largo, re waste, stupidity.
B. SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS
COUNTYWIDE PLANNING AUTHORITY (CPA) PUBLIC HEARINGS
Consideration of the Following Proposals to Amend the Adopted Countywide Future Land Use Plan:
a. Case CW 07-01 – Pinellas County
418.0 Acres More or Less on the East and West Sides of East Lake Road, North of Trinity Boulevard, South of the Pinellas/Pasco County Line; Amendment from Institutional, Residential Rural and Transportation/Utility to Preservation and Transportation/Utility Overlay
b. Case CW 07-02 – Pinellas County
0.1 Acre More or Less Located at 6645 55th Avenue North; Amendment from Commercial General to Residential Urban
a. Case CW 07-03 – Pinellas County
15.5 Acres More or Less Located on the Northeast Corner of Roosevelt Boulevard and Ulmerton Road, South of South Perimeter Road; Amendment from Transportation/Utility to Industrial Limited
b. Case CW 07-04 – Pinellas County (to be Temporarily Deferred)
(Companion Item No. 22)
0.6 Acre More or Less Located on the Northeast Corner of Nebraska Avenue and Belcher Road; Amendment from Residential Low to Residential/Office General
c. Case CW 07-05 – St. Petersburg
18.0 Acres More or Less Located on the Northeast Corner of 9th Avenue and 66th Street North; Amendment from Institutional to Residential/Office/Retail, Residential/Office General, and Residential Urban
C. CONSENT AGENDA
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT
3. Approval of Minutes of the Regular Meeting of December 12, 2006
a. Report of Interest Under Local Government Prompt Payment Act for the Fiscal Year (FY) Ended September 30, 2006 Pursuant to Section 218.78, Florida Statutes
b. Clerk of the Circuit Court Special-Purpose Financial Statements, Required Supplementary Information, Other Financial Information and Other Reports for the Year Ended September 30, 2006, with Summarized Financial Information for the Year Ended September 30, 2005, Together with Independent Auditor's Report
c. Intergovernmental Cooperative Agreement - A Contract and By-Laws for Public Risk Management of Florida as Amended and Restated through September 15, 2006, Together with Affidavit of Authenticity, in Compliance with Section 163.01, Florida Statutes
d. Dock Fee Report for the Month of December 2006
5. Other Approvals:
a. General – None
b. Vouchers and Bills Paid
6. Miscellaneous Items to be Received for Filing:
a. Public Service Commission Amendatory Order No. PSC-06-1006A-PCO-WS Regarding Application for Increase in Water and Wastewater Rates in Marion, Orange, Pasco, Pinellas, and Seminole Counties by Utilities, Inc. of Florida
b. Application of Utilities, Inc. of Florida for Rate Increase, Docket No. 060253-WS
c. City of Clearwater Public Hearing Notice of Annexation, Land Use
Plan and Zoning Atlas Amendments Regarding Ordinances Nos. 7784-07 through 7786-07 to be Held March 1, 2007
d. Correspondence from the City of Pinellas Park Regarding Three Ordinances Voluntarily Annexing Certain Property; Public Hearing Held January 11, 2007
e. Pinellas Park Water Management District Financial Statement for the Month of November 2006
7. Approval of the Receipt and File Report of Consultant’s Competitive Negotiation Act Items Delegated to the County Administrator for Approval for the Quarter Ending December 31, 2006
8. Approval of Change Order No. 1 Final, Acceptance of the Contract as Complete, and Release of Retainage with QRC, Inc. for Water and Reclaimed Mains Installation Annual Requirements 2005
9. Approval of a Partial Award for a Continuing Grant with U.S. Environmental Protection Agency for Air Pollution Control Program (Environmental Management)
10. Approval of a Grant Award with the United States Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration for the Mobile Medical Unit (Human Services)
11. Approval of FY 2007 Budget Amendments Nos. 7 and 8 (Management and Budget)
AUTHORITIES, BOARDS, AND ENTITIES
Economic Development Authority
12. Approval to Accept Contract as Complete and Release Retainage with Bandes Construction Company, Inc. for Young – Rainey STAR Center Building 100 Roof Waterproofing, Phase 5, and Cafeteria Air Handling Unit Replacement
13. Approval to Declare Miscellaneous County-Owned Equipment Surplus and Authorize its Donation and Sale
D. REGULAR AGENDA
None 14. Items for Discussion from Consent Agenda (County Administrator and Clerk of Circuit Court)
3-13-07 15. Approval of Authority to Advertise a Public Hearing on a Proposed
Ordinance for Amendments to the Pinellas County Land Development Code Concerning Mosquito Control
16. Approval of an Agreement for Consultant Engineering Services with Coastal Planning & Engineering, Inc. for Sand Key Beach Renourishment Project (Environmental Management)
17. Approval of an Award of Bid to Mayer Electric Supply Company, Inc. for Electrical Supplies (Facility Management)
2-20-07 18. Approval of Authority to Advertise a Public Hearing on a Proposed
Amendment to the Fortunetellers Ordinance and Section 26, Pinellas County Code (Justice and Consumer Services)
2-20-07 19. Approval of Authority to Advertise a Public Hearing on a Proposed
Amendment to the Charitable Solicitations Ordinance and Section 42, Pinellas County Code (Justice and Consumer Services)
20. Adoption of a Resolution Establishing a Special Revenue Fund for FY 2007 Community Housing Trust Fund Budget (Management and Budget)
21. Adoption of a Resolution Appropriating Earmarked Receipts for a Particular Purpose in the FY 2007 General Fund for Unexpended Funds in the Municipal Services Taxing Unit Local Road Paving and Sidewalk Program (Management and Budget)
22. Approval of Acceptance of the Pinellas Planning Council’s Alternative Compromise Recommendation for a Proposed Amendment to the Countywide Plan Map in Case CW 07-04 (Planning) (Companion Agenda Item No. 2b)
23. Other Administrative Matters
a. Approval of Final Negotiated Contract – Services – Homeless Shelter Beds for Adults
b. Approval of Final Negotiated Contract – Homeless Street Outreach Program (Human
24. Approval of Ratification of County Attorney Initiating Litigation in the Case of Pinellas County v. Nickel Plate Properties, Inc., Lakeside Enterprises, L.L.C., Mobile Home Solutions, Inc., We Five, L.L.C., and Wayne B. Caffrey, Sr. – Noncompliance with National Emissions Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants
25. Approval of a Recommendation of Contingent Authority to the Pinellas County Sheriff to Settle the Wrongful Death Case of Benton J. Thompson, Personal Representative of the Estate of Jennifer Thompson v. Pinellas County Sheriff - Circuit Civil Case No. 02-008832-CI-11
26. Approval of a Recommendation of Final Settlement in the Case of Pinellas County v. Agilysys, Inc., et al v. Quality Call Solutions, Inc. - Circuit Civil Case No. 06-1525-CI-15
27. Approval of Confirmation of the Appointment of Barbara Oklesen to the Senior Assistant County Attorney Position
Approval of release of transcript of September 19, 2006 meeting re City of Pinellas Park, et al. versus Deborah Clark, et al.
Announcement re specific litigation matters re City of Pinellas Park, et al. versus Deborah Clark, et al., Case No. 06-5975-CI-11; settlement negotiation or strategy session to be held Tuesday, February 6, 2007 at time certain of noon.
E. AUTHORITIES, BOARDS, AND ENTITIES.
29. Consideration of a Proposed Amendment to the Countywide Rules Regarding Temporary Lodging Use
To be considered at work session on 3-22-07
EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES (EMS) AUTHORITY
as amended 30. Adoption of a Resolution Approving the 2006-2007 EMS Application
and Grant with the State EMS Trust Fund
F. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR REPORTS
31. Highland Lakes Golf Cart Community
Update re homeless issues.
G. COUNTY COMMISSION
32. Approval of an Appointment to Greater Seminole Area Recreation District
33. Approval of an Appointment to the Youth Advisory Committee
|a. Commissioner Morroni
||re 13th Annual Law Enforcement and Firefighters Awards Dinner.
|b. Commissioner Seel
|| re Healthy Kids Day on April 14, 2007; insurance issues related to not-for-profit entities.
|c. Commissioner Latvala
||re update of Florida Association of Counties (FAC) matters; need for not-for-profit entities and others to contact legislature re insurance issues.
|d. Chairman Duncan
||re legislature public hearing re reforming property tax system on February 15, 2007 at Hillsborough Community College; letter of invitation to be sent to budget hearing attendees.
|e. Commissioner Welch
||re homestead matters.
|f. Commissioner Stewart
||re Job Corps update; Friendship Trail Bridge update.
3:07 P.M. ADJOURNMENT