|AGENDA – Regular Public Meeting||Pinellas County|
|Board of County Commissioners (BCC)|
|9:35 A.M.||February 3, 2004|
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE to the Flag of the United States of America
PRESENTATIONS & AWARDS
CITIZENS TO BE HEARD - None
Any Person Wishing to Speak at this Time, Excluding Non-Public Hearing Items on the Agenda or Issues Previously Acted on by the Board of County Commissioners, Must Have a Yellow Card Completed and Given to the Board Secretary at the Staff Table Located at the Front of the Board Room. The Chairman will Call Each Speaker, One by One, to the Podium to be Heard. Each Speaker May Speak up to Three (3) Minutes.
SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS
Any Person Wishing to Speak about a Public Hearing Item Shall Complete a Blue Card and Submit it to the Board Secretary at the Staff Table Located at the Front of the Board Room. The Procedure Used by the Board of County Commissioners in Conducting Public Hearings is to Have a Staff Presentation Followed by the Applicant Presenting the Specific Proposal. The Board Will Then Hear Comments from the Proponents Followed by Comments from the Opponents and a Staff Summary. The Applicant Will Then be Given an Opportunity to Close and the Board of County Commissioners will Decide on the Matter.
WATER AND NAVIGATION
Pursuant to the Provisions of Chapter 31182, Laws of Florida (1955), as Amended, it is the Policy of the Pinellas County Water & Navigation Control Authority that all Persons Giving Testimony on Matters Relating to Application for Dredge, Fill, or Dock Permits do so Under Oath. If You Wish to Make Statements or Give Testimony Concerning any of the Water & Navigation Items, Please be Prepared to Stand and Take the Oath When Requested to do so by the Clerk.
1. Dredge and Fill Application D/F-1469 Submitted by the City of Largo, 201 Highland Avenue, Church Creek Maintenance Dredge, Largo.
SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS – BCC
2. Proposed Ordinance
Amending Ordinance No. 82-34, Approving the
Creation of a Redevelopment Trust Fund by
the City of Clearwater.
Item No. 2 taken with Item No. 30.
Consideration of the Following Proposals to Amend the Adopted Countywide Future Land Use Plan:
a. Case #CW 04-1 – St. Petersburg.
Location – 0.2 Acre Located on the West Side of 49th Street North Approximately 140 Feet North of 33rd Avenue North; Amendment from Residential Urban to Residential/Office General.
b. Case #CW 04-2 – St. Petersburg.
Location – 0.3 Acre Located on the North Side of 22nd Avenue South between 34th Street South and I-275; Amendment from Residential/Office General to Commercial General.
to 03-30-04 c. Case #CW 04-5 – Pinellas County.
Location – 3.6 Acres Located on the East Side of the Intersection of North Jasmine Avenue and Paradise Boulevard; Amendment from Undesignated to Residential Urban.
To be considered with Item No. 4b on March 30.
to 04-13-04 a. Case #CW 03-72 – Pinellas County (To be Continued).
Location – 9.6 Acres Located on the Northeast Corner of Roosevelt Boulevard and Bayside Bridge at the Northern Terminus of Turtle Lane; Amendment from Industrial Limited and Water/Drainage Feature Overlay to Commercial General and Water/Drainage Feature Overlay.
to 03-30-04 b. Case #CW 03-80 – Pinellas County.
Location – 9.4 Acres Located on the East Side of North Jasmine Avenue,
Approximately 830 Feet South of Sail Harbor Circle; Amendment from
Residential Suburban and Transportation/Utility to Residential Suburban and Transportation/Utility.
c. Case #CW 04-3 – St. Petersburg.
Location – 3.9 Acres Located on the Northeast Corner of 54th Avenue South and 31st Street South; Amendment from Residential/Office General to Commercial General.
d. Case #CW 04-4 – St. Petersburg.
Location – 8.6 Acres Located on the Southeast Corner of Carillon Parkway and Fountain Parkway; Amendment from Industrial Limited and Activity Center/Primary to Residential/Office General and Activity Center/Primary.
e. Case #CW 04-6 – Pinellas County.
Location – 1.2 Acres Located on the South Side of Alderman Road, Approximately 535 Feet East of U.S. Highway 19 North; Amendment from Residential Low to Residential/Office Limited.
PLANNING AREA MAP AMENDMENT
to 08-24-04 5. Case #VA 03-214 – St. Petersburg (To be Continued).
Location – 15.0 Acres Located on the Northwest Corner of 40th Avenue North and 79th Street North; Amendment to Planning Areas Delineating Eligibility for Annexation.
b. City of St. Petersburg Report Regarding Proposed Annexation of Weedon
Island Preserve North, Pursuant to Chapter 171.042, Florida Statutes.
Motion that County continue to manage Weedon Island Preserve.
a. Florida Public Service Commission Notice of Prehearing Conference Regarding Implementation of Requirements Arising from Federal Communications Commission’s Triennial UNE Review to be Held February 9, 2004 in Tallahassee.
D. REGULAR AGENDA
None 14. Items for Discussion from Consent Agenda (County Administrator and Clerk of Circuit Court).
03-09-04 15. Approval of Paving and Drainage Improvements to 118th Avenue North from Belcher Road and Authorization to Advertise for a Public Hearing.
16. Approval of the Option of Renewal of the Contract with QRC, Inc. for Water and Reclaimed Mains Installation Annual Requirements 2004.
17. Approval of an Award of Proposal for a Retail Gift Shop at Brooker Creek Preserve (Environmental Management).
18. Approval of the Sixth Amendment to the Contract with KPMG, LLP, to Audit Financial Statements and Records (Human Services).
19. Adoption of a Resolution to Appropriate Earmarked Receipts for a Particular Purpose in the Fiscal Year 2004 General Fund for the Municipal Services Taxing Unit, Public Works (Management and Budget).
20. Approval to Declare Miscellaneous County-Owned Equipment as Surplus, Authorize its Sale as Scrap Material, and Remove Stolen Items from County Fixed Asset Inventory (Purchasing).
21. Approval of a Purchase Authorization for Equipment Maintenance from International Business Management Corporation (Purchasing/Information Technology).
22. Approval of the Final Negotiated Contract with Westin Engineering, Inc. for a Comprehensive Information Technology Vulnerability Assessment (Purchasing/Information Technology).
02-17-04 23. Other Administrative Matters.
Authorization granted to advertise public hearing re proposed purchase of Belleair Beach Wastewater Collection System.
24. Approval of the Authority for the County Attorney to Defend the Case of Edith Burke v. Pinellas County, et al - Circuit Civil Case No. 03-9579-CI-8 – Allegations of Negligence and Personal Injuries as a Result of a Trip and Fall Incident.
02-17-04 25. Approval of the Authority to Advertise for a Public Hearing Regarding a Propose Ordinance Relating to the Style and Format for Citizens’ Initiative Petition Forms.
26. Approval of the Authorization to Make Application to Transfer an H-1B Visa on Behalf of Ayumi Iida-Cordon.
27. Approval of the Recommendation of Settlement in the Workers’ Compensation Case of Louis Novak v. Pinellas County Government.
28. Approval of the Recommendation of Settlement in the Case of Pinellas County v. Garcia Enterprises of Tampa, Inc., et al - Circuit Civil Case No. 00-000441-CI-21, Parcel 132 (Republic Billboard).
None 29. Miscellaneous.
COUNTYWIDE PLANNING AUTHORITY
30. Approval of
the Receipt and Acceptance of the Revised
Downtown Plan (No. 03-1) for the City of Clearwater.
Considered with Item No. 2.
EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES AUTHORITY
31. Adoption of a Resolution and Approval of a Grant Application Regarding Funding for Pre-Hospital Emergency Medical Services.
32. Approval of the Amendment No. 2 to the Agreement with Advanced Xerographics Imaging Systems, Inc. (Axis) for Laser Printing/Direct Mail Services.
F. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR REPORTS
G. COUNTY COMMISSION
34. Approval of Appointments to the Pinellas County Youth Advisory Committee.
35. Approval of a Re-Appointment to the Pinellas County Health Facilities Authority.
|a. Comm. Welch||Announced 5th annual African-American Celebration to be held February 28; requested info re Criminal Complex renovation progress.|
|b. Comm. Stewart||Transit
governance update; Transportation Impact
Fee Task Force to meet on
|c. Comm. Seel||Pinellas
County Animal Services being considered
for national award; update re
Starkey Road/Keene Road railroad crossing construction; commented on visit
last week by Governor’s delegation; cited newspaper article re County’s food
services bidding process and clarified County’s position.
|d. Comm. Morroni||Reported good turnout for 10th annual Law Enforcement dinner.|
|e. Comm. Todd||Reported
on her participation in international
water conference in
Washington, D.C.; announced upcoming visits by environmental science
and nature conservancy groups.
|f. Comm. Harris||Offered water conservation tips.|
|g. Comm. Latvala||Appointed
Comm. Harris to Canvassing Board - approved
Presented new BCC minutes format to Board - approved by motion.
Suggested name change from Pinellas Bayway to Fort DeSoto Bayway be
pursued - approved by motion; public input to be sought at public hearing.