PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE to the Flag of the United States of America
PRESENTATIONS and AWARDS
A. CONSENT AGENDA
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT
1. Approval of Minutes of the Regular Meeting of December 5, 2006.
2. Approval of Dock Fee Report for the Month of November 2006.
3. Other Approvals:
a. General – None.
b. Vouchers and Bills Paid.
4. Miscellaneous Items to be Received for Filing:
a. City of Madeira Beach Ordinance No. 1098 Adopted November 28, 2006, Amending Its Code of Ordinances to Establish the Proportionate Fair Share Program.
b. Correspondence from City of Pinellas Park Regarding Six Ordinances Voluntarily Annexing Certain Property; Public Hearings Held January 11, 2007.
c. City of Safety Harbor Ordinance No. 2006-19 Adopted December 18, 2006, Annexing Certain Property.
d. Florida Public Service Commission Notice of Prehearing and Hearing Regarding the Proposed Expansion of the Crystal River Unit 3 Nuclear Power Plant by Progress Energy Florida, Inc., Held January 8 and January 18, 2007, Respectively, in Tallahassee.
5. Approval of an Amendment of Solicitation/Modification of Contract with Transportation Security Administration for Law Enforcement Personnel Reimbursement.
6. Approval of Amendment No. 1 to the Agreement with the United States Coast Guard for Security Guards.
7. Approval of a Plat for Recording.
See Item No. 17 8. Approval of Release of Retainage with Creative Contractors, Inc. for the
Sheriff’s Administrative Support Building Renovation – Phase 1 Video
9. Approval of Ranking of Firms and Authorization for Staff to Negotiate with:
a. Top Four Ranked Firms for Subsurface Utility Locating Services.
b. Top Fifteen Ranked Firms for Roadways, Drainage, Structural, Site, and Traffic Engineering Consulting Services.
10. Approval of the First Amendment to the Agreement with Southwest Florida Water Management District for the Lake Tarpon Aquifer Storage and Recovery Test Well Program, Phases III and IV.
11. Approval of the Receipt and File Report of Items Delegated to the County Administrator for Approval (County Administrator).
12. Approval of a Grant Agreement with the Florida Department of State, Division of Library and Information Services for Palm Harbor Public Library Construction (County Administrator).
13. Approval of an Agreement with the Friends of Gulf Beaches Historical Museum, Inc. for Museum Operations (Culture, Education, and Leisure).
14. Approval of Fiscal Year (FY) 2007 Budget Amendments (Management and Budget):
a. No. 5.
b. No. 6 (Companion Agenda Item No. 28).
15. Approval of Receipt and File Reports from October 1, 2006, through December 31, 2006, of (Management and Budget):
a. Administrative Budget Amendments.
b. Law Enforcement Trust Fund.
16. Approval of the Receipt and File Report of Procurement Items Delegated to the County Administrator for Approval for the Quarter Ending December 31, 2006 (Purchasing).
B. REGULAR AGENDA
17. Items for Discussion from Consent Agenda (County Administrator and Clerk of Circuit Court).
Item No. 8 pulled from Consent Agenda for brief presentation and separate vote.
18. Approval of Change Order No. 1 Final, Acceptance of the Contract as Complete, and Release of Retainage with Johnson Controls, Inc. for Construction of the Security Enhancement Project.
19. Approval of Change Order No. 2 to the Option of Renewal with Pepper Contracting Services, Inc. for General Sidewalk and Americans with Disabilities Act Ramp Construction 2004-2005.
20. Approval of Change Order No. 4 to the Agreement and Reduction of Retainage with Pepper Contracting Services, Inc. for Palm Harbor District Road Improvement Project.
21. Approval of an Award of Bid to Akerman Construction Co., Inc. for Capri Isle 16-Inch and 24-Inch Water Main Replacements (Rebid).
22. Approval of an Award of Bid to Veolia ES Pinellas, Inc. for Waste to Energy Facility Operator Reprocurement.
23. Approval of an Amended Interlocal Agreement with the Housing Finance Authority of Pinellas County for Administration of the Community Housing Program (Community Development).
24. Approval of an Interlocal Agreement with the City of St. Petersburg for a $5,000,000 Economic Development Grant for Design and Construction of a Facility for SRI International (Economic Development).
25. Adoption of a Resolution Establishing the Marina Operations Fund and Establishing the FY 2007 Budget for This New Fund (Management and Budget).
26. Adoption of a Resolution Appropriating Earmarked Receipts for a Particular Purpose in the FY 2007 General Fund Budget for Transfer of Unanticipated Grant Funds to the Sheriff (Management and Budget).
27. Adoption of a Resolution Appropriating Earmarked Receipts for a Particular Purpose in the FY 2007 Information Technology Fund Budget for Unexpended Operations Funds (Management and Budget).
28. Adoption of a Resolution to Appropriate Earmarked Receipts for a Particular Purpose in the FY 2007 Capital Projects Fund Budget for Unanticipated Fund Balances (Management and Budget) (Companion Agenda Item No. 14b).
None 29. Other Administrative Matters
30. Approval of Authority for the County Attorney to Defend the Cases of:
a. Joseph R. (‘J.Ay.’) Bury v. Pinellas County - Circuit Civil Case No. 06-9279-CI-8 – Allegations of Injuries Involving a Speed Table.
b. Susan Mathis v. Pinellas County Sheriff – Circuit Civil Case No.
06-7333-CI-11 – Allegations of False Arrest.
c. Raymond M. Varner and T. Mozelle Varner, His Wife v. Anthony B. Leisner, as Trustee of the Anthony B. Leisner Revocable Trust, and William D. Deland and Christine Deland, Husband and Wife, and Pinellas County, a Political Subdivision of the State of Florida - Circuit Civil Case No. 06-9142-CI-7 – Request for Declaratory Judgment and Injunctive Relief.
31. Approval of Authority for the County Attorney to Initiate Housing Discrimination Litigation on Behalf of Mr. William Gagich in the Claim of Gagich v. Pinehurst Village, Inc. – HUD Case No. 04-06-0908-8; PC 06-022.
32. Approval of Authority for Emergency Medical Services Authority, d/b/a Sunstar, to Participate in Proposed Class Action Settlement against Humana, Inc. and Humana Health Plan, Inc.
As Amended 33. Adoption of a Resolution and Approval, Restatement, and Readoption
of the BCC §457 Deferred Compensation Plan with AIG and Variable Annuity Life Insurance Company (VALIC).
As Amended 34. Approval of a Guided Portfolio Services Agreement and Amendments to the Service Provider and Custodial Agreements and Administrative Services Addendum to the BCC §457 Deferred Compensation Plan with VALIC.
35. Approval of Revised Exhibit “A” to Contract for Legal Services for Construction Law with Carlton Fields, P.A. Retroactive to January 3, 2007.
36. Approval of Confirmation of the Appointment of Senior Assistant County Attorney Shannon Kennedy Retroactive to January 22, 2007.
a. Adoption of a Resolution from the Pinellas Suncoast Fire & Rescue District proposing a referendum to
increase its tax rates and amend its Charter.
b. Update re Pinellas County versus The City of Largo appeal.
c. Update re The City of Pinellas Park versus Deborah Clark, et al. mediation.
d. Report re injunctive relief in Pinellas County versus Nickel Plate Properties, Inc., Lakeside Enterprises, L.L.C., Mobile Home Solutions, Inc., We Five, L.L.C., and Wayne B. Caffrey, Sr.
C. AUTHORITIES, BOARDS, AND COUNCILS
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
38. Approval of an Agreement Terminating the Lease with University of South Florida for the Small Business Development Center at the Young – Rainey STAR Center.
D. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR REPORTS
a. Status report re Jail Phase II Health Care Facility Occupancy Schedule.
b. Status report re Penny for Pinellas renewal.
c. Report re Homeless Outreach Project and St. Petersburg "Tent City."
E. COUNTY COMMISSION
40. Approval of Reappointments to the Pinellas County Cultural Council.
41. Approval of Appointments to WorkNet Pinellas Board of Directors.
42. Approval of an Appointment to the Health Facilities Authority
43. Approval of an Appointment to the Educational Facilities Authority.
44. Approval of an Appointment to the Swimming Pool Board for Examining, Adjustments and Appeals.
|a. Commissioner Latvala
||reported that she is presenting the Florida Association of Counties (FAC) Legislative Plan to the House and Senate in Tallahassee on January 24, 2007; and that the School Board Association and the Florida League of Cities have agreed to adopt the FAC policies on taxation reform.
|b. Commissioner Welch
||welcomed Commissioner Latvala to the Information Technology Board.
|c. Commissioner Stewart
||reported on traffic calming devices on Dodge Street.
|d. Commissioner Morroni
||thanked residents of Feather Sound who attended the Penny For Pinellas meeting last week; and announced that his 13th Annual Law Enforcement and Firefighters Dinner will be held on Friday, January 26, 2007.
|e. Commissioner Harris
||provided consumer tip re so-called miracle weight loss products; and related Penny for Pinellas message re road improvement projects.
|f. Commissioner Seel
||noted that the Personnel Department is involved in the Steps Event to be held on February 24, 2007; provided a health tip re walking; related that she has forwarded a letter of support to the School Board re Centers of Excellence; and indicated that she will provide the members with a white paper report on this concept.
|g. Chairman Duncan
||provided information re the Regional Forum on Transit Connectivity scheduled for February 23, 2007.
F. CITIZENS TO BE HEARD
Jane Trocheck Walker, Pinellas Park, re Tent City - Pinellas County response.
G. SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS
COUNTYWIDE PLANNING AUTHORITY (CPA) PUBLIC HEARING
46. Approval of a Request from the City of Largo to Withdraw Case CW 06-48 (Deferred from the December 5, 2006, and January 9, 2007, CPA Meetings; to be Withdrawn).
SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS – BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
47. Proposed Ordinance Regarding Ethical Campaign Practices.
48. Proposed Resolution Granting Approval to Replace Existing Fixtures with Decorative Fixtures in the Spanish Oaks Subdivision Street Lighting District
49. Planning and Zoning Applications Heard by the Examiner (Quasi-Judicial Hearings are Noted with a “Q” Prefix):
a. Q Z/LU-1-11-06
Resolution Changing the Zoning Classification of a Lot Containing Approximately .14 Acre Located on the North Side of 143rd Avenue North Approximately 50 Feet East of 63rd Street North, Clearwater, Page 725 of the Zoning Atlas, as Being in Section 05, Township 30, Range 16 from R-6, Mobile Home Parks and Subdivisions to M-1, Light Manufacturing and Industry, upon Application of Shiloh M. Albright Bradford, Bradford Landscaping, and an Ordinance Amending the Future Land Use Map of Pinellas County, Florida, by Changing the Land Use Designation of a Lot Containing Approximately .14 Acre Located on the North Side of 143rd Avenue North Approximately 50 Feet East of 63rd Street North, Clearwater, Located in Section 05, Township 30, Range 16 from Residential Low to Industrial Limited, and Providing an Effective Date
b. Q Z-4-9-06 (Deferred from November 21, 2006, BCC Meeting; to be
04-17-07 Deferred to April 17, 2007, BCC Meeting)
Resolution Changing the Zoning Classification of a Parcel of Land Containing Approximately .5 Acre Located on the Southwest Corner of 46th Avenue North and 79th Way North, St. Petersburg, Page 300 of the Zoning Atlas, as Being in Section 01, Township 31, Range 15 from C-1, Neighborhood Commercial to C-3, Commercial, Wholesale, Warehousing and Industrial Support, upon Application of Jeffrey L. and Deborah J. Wiley through Thomas F. Cox, Esquire, Representative
ADJOURNMENT – 7:15 P.M.