PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE to the Flag of the United States of America
A. CONSENT AGENDA
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT
1. Approval of Minutes of Regular Meeting of November 27, 2007.
2. Reports: Dock Fee Report for the Month of November 2007.
3. Vouchers and Bills Paid.
4. Miscellaneous Items to be Received for Filing:
a. City of Largo Ordinance No. 2008-06 Adopted November 20, 2007, Annexing Certain Property.
b. City of St. Petersburg Ordinance No. 856-G Effective December 6, 2007, Annexing Certain Property.
c. Resolutions Opposing Bright House Networks Relocation of Governmental Access Channels:
1. Town of Belleair No. 2007-34 Adopted November 20, 2007.
2. City of Tarpon Springs No. 2007-57 Adopted December 4, 2007.
d. Pinellas Suncoast Fire & Rescue Resolution No. 2007-13 Adopted December 4, 2007, Requesting That the BCC Call for a Special Election to be Held March 11, 2008, Regarding Assessment Rates.
5. Approval of the Ranking of Firms and Authorization for Staff to Negotiate with Each of the Top-Six-Ranked Firms for Engineering Consulting Services.
See Item No. 20 6. Approval of an Award of Bid to Caladesi Construction Company for Sheltair
Taxiway and Terminal Apron Hardstand.
7. Approval of Change Orders No. 1 Final, Acceptance of Contract as Complete, and Release of Retainage with:
a. Pepper Contracting Services, Inc. for Municipal Services Taxing Unit Sidewalk and Americans with Disabilities Act Ramp Improvements for Fiscal Year (FY) 2005.
b. Kamminga & Roodvoets, Inc. for General Storm Sewer Construction 2005-2006.
8. Approval of an Annual Performance Bond Issued by Safeco Insurance Companies for ADS Alliance Data Systems, Inc. for Customer Information System Software.
9. Approval of Receipt and File Report of Items Delegated to the County Administrator for Approval (County Administrator).
10. Approval of a First Amendment to Subgrant Agreement with Palm Harbor Community Services, Inc. Relating to Administration of Florida Department of State, Division of Library and Information Services Grant for Renovation of the Palm Harbor Library (Culture, Education, and Leisure/Management and Budget) (Companion Item No. 15c).
11. Approval of a Contract for Law Enforcement Services with the City of Indian Rocks Beach and the Sheriff (Justice and Consumer Services).
12. Approval of Amendment No. 1 to the Contract for Law Enforcement Services with the City of Seminole and the Sheriff (Justice and Consumer Services).
13. Approval of FY 2008 Budget Amendment No. 9 (Management and Budget) (Companion Item No. 15a).
14. Approval of Receipt and File Reports from October 1, 2007, through December 31, 2007 of: (Management and Budget).
a. Administrative Budget Amendments.
b. Law Enforcement Trust Fund.
15. Adoption of Resolutions Appropriating Earmarked Receipts for a Particular Purpose in the FY 2008: (Management and Budget).
a. Capital Projects Fund for Unanticipated Fund Balance and Various Grants (Companion Item No. 13).
b. Information Technology Fund for Unanticipated Fund Balance.
c. Palm Harbor Recreation and Library Fund Budget for Unanticipated Grant Revenue and Donations to the Palm Harbor Library (Companion Item No. 10).
16. Adoption of Resolutions Appropriating Earmarked Receipts for a Particular Purpose in the FY 2008 General Fund Budget for Unanticipated Grant Revenue to: (Management and Budget).
b. Public Defender
17. Adoption of Resolutions Appropriating Earmarked Receipts for Particular Purposes in the FY 2008 General Fund Budget for Unanticipated Fund Balance to Departments of: (Management and Budget).
a. Cultural Affairs
b. Facility Management
18. Approval of the Receipt and File Report of Procurement Items Delegated to the County Administrator for Approval for the Quarter Ending December 31, 2007 (Purchasing).
AUTHORITIES, BOARDS, AND COUNCILS
Economic Development Authority (EDA)
19. Approval of a Termination of Lease Agreement with Schaller Engineering, Inc. for Space at the Young – Rainey STAR Center.
B. REGULAR AGENDA
20. Items for Discussion from Consent Agenda (County Administrator and Clerk of Circuit Court).
Item No. 6 pulled from Consent Agenda for discussion and separate vote at the request of Commissioner Seel.
21. Approval of the Installation of Two Speed Humps on 47th Avenue North from 52nd Street North to 49th Street North.
22. Adoption of a Resolution Determining the Necessity to Construct Roadway and Drainage Improvements to Keystone Road from U.S. Highway 19 to East Lake Road and Directing the Condemnation of the Necessary Properties and Property Rights for Construction.
23. Approval of a Memorandum of Understanding with Tampa Bay Partnership (TBP) for Roles and Responsibilities of TBP and Other Economic Development Organizations (Economic Development).
24. Approval of Change Order No. 1 with Coastal Marine Construction Incorporated for Honeymoon Island Beach Restoration, Phase I (Environmental Management).
25. Adoption of a Declaration of Cooperation for the Tampa Bay Nitrogen Management Consortium (Environmental Management).
26. Approval of a Contract with State of Florida, Department of Health for Operation of the Pinellas County Health Department Contract Year 2007- 2008, Retroactive to October 1, 2007 (Health and Human Services).
2/19/08 27. Approval of Authority to Advertise Public Hearings Amending St. Petersburg
Plans for: (Planning):
a. Dome Industrial Park Pilot Project Redevelopment.
b. Intown Redevelopment.
c. Intown West Redevelopment.
d. 16th Street South Commercial Revitalization.
e. Bayboro Harbor Redevelopment.
f. Tangerine Avenue Community Redevelopment.
2/19/08 28. Approval of Authority to Advertise a Public Hearing on a Proposed Historic
Preservation Ordinance (Planning).
29. Consideration of a Proposed Amendment to the Transportation Impact Fee (TIF) Ordinance (Planning).
30. Approval to Authorize Funding and Construction of the Pinellas Trail Overpass at U.S. Highway 19 (34th Street) from TIF Revenue and Construction by the City of St. Petersburg (Planning).
None 31. Other Administrative Matters
32. Approval of Authority for the County Attorney to Initiate Litigation in the Cases of:
a. Ken Burke, Clerk of the Circuit Court v. Donna M. Prince and Transworld Title Services, Inc. – Bad Checks Written on a Closed Account.
b. Pinellas County v. Sonja C. Oakes – Damages as the Result of an
33. Approval of Authority to Advertise a Public Hearing on a Proposed Amendment to Pinellas County’s Human Rights Ordinance.
34. Approval of an Agreement with the Law Firm of Foley & Lardner LLP for Eminent Domain Legal Services.
None 35. Miscellaneous.
C. AUTHORITIES, BOARDS, AND COUNCILS
36. Approval of Ranking of Firms for Order of Negotiation for Sale or Lease of Real Property Known as Toytown.
D. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR REPORTS
37. Proposed FY 2008-2009 Federal Legislative Program.
Summary provided by Assistant County Administrator Elithia V. Stanfield.
E. COUNTY COMMISSION
38. Approval of a Reappointment to the Housing Finance Authority.
|a. Commissioner Seel
||indicated that she attended the recent Tampa Bay Partnership collaborative lab and will provide Board Members with the report when it becomes available.
|b. Commissioner Morroni
||suggested that the information contained in the County’s Consumer Confidence Report be made available to citizens in a more cost-effective manner; consensus of the Board for Mr. Marquis to review and provide additional information.
|c. Commissioner Welch
||expressed appreciation for the support shown by Board Members and citizens re Dr. Martin Luther King Day celebrations.
|d. Commissioner Harris
||indicated that he will compile a booklet re water conservation tips and provided a tip re rebates available for the installation of low flow toilets.
|e. Chairman Stewart
||related that the Pinellas County Job Corps groundbreaking ceremony will be held on Thursday, January 31, 2008, and that the Secretary of Labor and the National Job Corps Director will be the featured speakers. Congratulated David Welch on assuming the Chairmanship of WorkNet Pinellas.
F. SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS
SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS – BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
40. Proposed Ordinance Amending Section 118.32(1)(b) of the Pinellas County Code Relating to the Tourist Development Council and Special Events Marketing and Approval to Change the Name from New Product Marketing Grants to Special Event Marketing Grants with Changes to the Grant Guidelines
41. Planning and Zoning Applications Heard by the Examiner (Quasi-Judicial Hearings are Noted with a “Q” Prefix):
a. Q Z-4-6-06
Application of CD Development, LLC through Steven A. Williamson, Esquire, Representative, for a Modification to a Previously Approved Development Agreement on a Parcel of Land Containing Approximately 2.5 Acres Located on the Northwest Corner of 71st Street North and 40th Avenue North.
b. Q Z-1-11-07
Resolution Changing the Zoning Classification of a Parcel of Land Containing Approximately .5 Acre Located on the West Side of 26th Street North Just North of 57th Avenue North (Street Address: 5700 26th Street North, St. Petersburg), Page 786 of the Zoning Atlas, Located in Section 35, Township 30, Range 16, from C-2, General Retail Commercial and Limited Services to RM-12.5, Residential, Multiple Family-12.5 Units per Acre, upon Application of Jimmie S. Miller.
c. Q Z-5-11-07 (Companion Item No. 42)
Resolution Changing the Zoning Classification of a Parcel of Land Containing Approximately 1.0 Acre Located on the West Side of Orange Street and Lying 160 Feet North of the Intersection with Alternate U.S. 19, Ozona, Page 94 of the Zoning Atlas, Located in Section 11, Township 28, Range 15, from C-2, General Retail Commercial and Limited Services to C-3, Commercial, Wholesale, Warehousing and Industrial Support, upon Application of John Robinson Trust, in Care of John Robinson, Trustee, through Gary Boesch, Representative.
d. Q Z/LU-2-11-07
Resolution Changing the Zoning Classification of a Parcel of Land Containing Approximately .16 Acre Located on the North Side of Smith Street 265 Feet East of South Myrtle Avenue, Clearwater, Page 197 of the Zoning Atlas, Located in Section 27, Township 29, Range 15, from R-4, One, Two and Three Family Residential to C-2, General Retail Commercial and Limited Services and a Variance for Lot Area and Lot Width, upon Application of Kelli Ann Whapham and an Ordinance Amending the Future Land Use Map of Pinellas County, Florida, by Changing the Land Use Designation of a Parcel of Land Containing Approximately .16 Acre Located on the North Side of Smith Street 265 Feet East of South Myrtle Avenue, Clearwater, Located in Section 27, Township 29, Range 15, from Residential Urban to Residential/Office/Retail, and Providing an Effective Date.
e. Q Z/LU-6-11-07
Resolution Changing the Zoning Classification of a Parcel of Land Containing Approximately 3.7 Acres Located 600 Feet East of Park Street and Lying between 46th Avenue North and 48th Avenue North, St. Petersburg, Page 299 of the Zoning Atlas, Located in Section 01, Township 31, Range 15, from RM-7.5, Residential, Multiple Family-7.5 Units per Acre to RM-10, Residential, Multiple Family-10 Units per Acre, a Special Exception for an Affordable Housing Bonus with a Development Agreement for 55-Unit One-Story and Two-Story Buildings up to 35 Feet in Height, upon Application of Clifford Stout through John D. Carr, Contemporary Housing Alternatives of Florida, Representative, and an Ordinance Amending the Future Land Use Map of Pinellas County, Florida, by Changing the Land Use Designation of a Parcel of Land Containing Approximately 3.7 Acres Located 600 Feet East of Park Street and Lying between 46th Avenue North and 48th Avenue North, St. Petersburg, Located in Section 01, Township 31, Range 15, from Residential Urban to Residential Low Medium, a Special Exception for an Affordable Housing Bonus with a Development Agreement for 55-Unit One-Story and Two-Story Buildings up to 35 Feet in Height, and Providing an Effective Date.
WATER AND NAVIGATION CONTROL AUTHORITY PUBLIC HEARINGS
42. Commercial Dock Application CD38585-07/Revised Submitted by Gary Boesch, a/k/a American Marine, 105 Orange Street, Smith Bayou, Ozona (Companion Item No. 41c).
G. CITIZENS TO BE HEARD – NONE
43. ADJOURNMENT – 8:39 P.M.