OF ALLEGIANCE to the Flag of the
United States of America
A. CITIZENS TO BE HEARD
Any Person Wishing to Speak at This Time, Excluding Non-Public Hearing Items on the Agenda or Issues Previously Acted on by the BCC, Must Have a Yellow Card Completed and Given to the Board Secretary at the Staff Table Located at the Front of the Board Room. The Chair Will Call Each Speaker, One by One, to the Podium to be Heard. Each Speaker May Speak up to Three (3) Minutes.
Mark G. Naedel, Belleair Bluffs, re Charter Amendments and subsequent litigation.
B. SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS
Any Person Wishing to Speak about a Public Hearing Item Shall Complete a Blue Card and Submit it to the Board Secretary at the Staff Table Located at the Front of the Board Room. The Procedure Used by the BCC in Conducting Public Hearings is to Have a Staff Presentation Followed by the Applicant Presenting the Specific Proposal. The BCC Will Then Hear Comments from the Proponents Followed by Comments from the Opponents and a Staff Summary. The Applicant Will Then be Given an Opportunity to Close and the BCC Will Decide on the Matter. Please Refer to the Back of Your Agenda Copy for More Details on Guidelines for Time Limitations and Opportunities to Speak.
1. Any Person Who Has Been Authorized to Represent an Organization with Five (5) or More Members or a Group of Five (5) or More Persons Shall Complete a Blue Card, Submit it to the Board Secretary at the Staff Table Located at the Front of the Board Room, and Should Limit Their Presentation to Ten (10) Minutes. It is Expected that Others in the Organization or Group Will Waive Their Time.
2. Any Other Person Who Wishes to Speak about a Public Hearing Item Shall Complete a Blue Card, Submit it to the Board Secretary at the Staff Table Located at the Front of the Board Room, and May Speak up to Three (3) Minutes. The Chairman Will Call Each Speaker, One by One, to the Podium to be Heard.
COUNTYWIDE PLANNING AUTHORITY (CPA) PUBLIC HEARINGS
1. Approval of a Request to Withdraw Largo Case CW 06-48 (Deferred from December 5, 2006, CPA Meeting).
Consideration of the Following Proposals to Amend the Adopted Countywide Future Land Use Plan:
a. Case CW 06-49 – Pinellas County
.30 Acre More or Less on the Northwest Corner of 46th Avenue North and 68th Lane North; Amendment from Residential Urban to Commercial General.
b. Case CW 06-50 – Pinellas County
4.1 Acres More or Less Located Approximately 400 Feet East of 45th Street North and 600 Feet South of 54th Avenue North; Amendment from Transportation/Utility to Residential Urban.
c. Case CW 06-51 – St. Pete Beach
.10 Acre More or Less Located at 2307 Pass-A-Grille Way; Amendment from Residential Urban to Institutional.
a. Case CW 06-52 – Tarpon Springs (to be Temporarily Deferred)
9.0 Acres More or Less Located at 625 and 631 North Jasmine Avenue; Amendment from Residential Low to Residential Urban.
b. Case CW 06-53 – Tarpon Springs (to be Temporarily Deferred)
6.9 Acres More or Less Located at 615 North Jasmine Avenue; Amendment from Industrial Limited to Residential Urban.
WATER AND NAVIGATION CONTROL AUTHORITY (WNCA) PUBLIC HEARINGS
Pursuant to the Provisions of Chapter 31182, Laws of Florida (1955), as Amended, it is the Policy of the Pinellas County Water and Navigation Control Authority that all Persons Giving Testimony on Matters Relating to Application for Dredge, Fill, or Dock Permits do so Under Oath. If You Wish to Make Statements or Give Testimony Concerning Any of the Water and Navigation Items, Please be Prepared to Stand and Take the Oath When Requested to do so by the Clerk.
4. Multi-Use Dock Application M35172-04/Revised Submitted by Alfredo Seidner Bahia Mar LLC, 10133 Gulf Boulevard, Boca Ciega Bay, Treasure Island.
5. Private Dock Application P37718-06 Submitted by Sally Fonner, 1268 Bayshore Boulevard, Clearwater Harbor, Dunedin.
6. Dredge and Fill Application DF1750-06 Submitted by the City of St. Petersburg, Channel “P” Maintenance Dredging, Tampa Bay, St. Petersburg.
7. Multi-Use Dock Application M37761-06 Submitted by Danny Patel, Paradise Cove Clearwater, Inc., 145 Brightwater Drive, Clearwater Harbor, Clearwater.
SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS – BCC
8. Proposed Ordinance Repealing Section 2-72, Pinellas County Code Relating to Recording of Certain Instruments.
9. Proposed Ordinance for Amendments to the Land Development Code Concerning Sidewalk and Street Sign Criteria.
10. Proposed Ordinance Providing for Code Enforcement through Special Magistrates.
11. Proposed Ordinance Calling for a Referendum to Extend the Penny for Pinellas Infrastructure Sales Surtax for an Additional Ten Years.
C. CONSENT AGENDA
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT
12. Approval of Minutes of Regular Meeting of November 21, 2006.
a. Internal Audit Division, Clerk of the Circuit Court, Report No. 2006-23 Dated December 14, 2006 - Audit of Department of Communications.
b. Internal Audit Division, Clerk of the Circuit Court, Report No. 2006-24 Dated December 14, 2006 - Follow-Up Audit to Pinellas County Economic Development Operations and Internal Controls.
c. Internal Audit Division, Clerk of the Circuit Court, Report No.
2006-25 Dated December 14, 2006 - Follow-Up Audit to Water and Sewer Utilities Cash Handling Activities.
14. Other Approvals:
a. General – None.
b. Vouchers and Bills Paid.
15. Miscellaneous Items to be Received for Filing:
a. Florida Public Service Commission Notice of Continuation of Hearing Regarding the Fuel Clause to December 8, 2006, in Tallahassee.
b. Dock Fee Report for the Month of October 2006.
16. Approval to Release a Completion Surety.
17. Approval of a Joint Project Agreement with Verizon Florida Inc. for Utility Installation for Park Street/Starkey Road Improvements from 84th Lane North to Bryan Dairy Road.
18. Approval of Ranking of Firms and Authority for Staff to Negotiate with the Top Six Ranked Firms for Ongoing Land Survey and Mapping Services.
19. Approval of Change Orders No. 1 Final, Acceptance of Agreement as Complete, and Release of Retainage with:
a. Mears/HDD, LLC for Indian Rocks Beach Force Main Replacement.
b. Miller Pipeline Corporation for Belleair Sanitary Sewer Collection Rehabilitation.
20. Approval of an Award of Bid to Air Mechanical & Service Corp. to Furnish and Install a Cooling Tower at Young – Rainey STAR Center (Economic Development).
21. Approval of Amendment No. 2 to the Grant Agreement with the Florida Department of Environmental Protection, Bureau of Beaches and Coastal Systems (FDEP) for Treasure Island Beach Nourishment (Environmental Management).
22. Approval of Amendment No. 3 to the Grant Agreement with the FDEP for Long Key Beach Nourishment (Environmental Management).
23. Approval of Amendment No. 6 to the Grant Agreement with the FDEP Sand Key Beach Restoration (Environmental Management).
24. Approval of Budget Amendments (Management and Budget):
a. No. 41 for Fiscal Year (FY) 2006.
b. No. 4 for FY 2007.
AUTHORITIES, BOARDS, AND COUNCILS
Information Technology (IT) Board
25. Approval of an Award of Bid to Insight Public Sector, Inc. for Computer Hardware, Peripherals, Software, and Services.
D. REGULAR AGENDA
None 26. Items for Discussion from Consent Agenda (County Administrator and Clerk of Circuit Court).
Scrivener's error in item 52a on the BCC December 12, 2006 agenda corrected.
27. Approval to Declare a Portion of Two County-Owned Parcels Surplus and Authorize Direct Sale to Florida Department of Transportation.
28. Approval of a Contract for Sale and Purchase of Vacant Real Property for the Keystone Road Improvement Project.
29. Approval of a Contract for Sale and Purchase of Vacant Real Property for the Lake Seminole Alum Injection Project.
30. Approval of Two Multi-Way Stop Conditions, Two Speed Humps, and Turn Restrictions for Pennsylvania Avenue from County Road 1 to 18th Street.
31. Approval of an Award of Bid to Vila & Son Landscaping Corp. for Landscaping Installation and Related Maintenance of South Area Medians and Separators (Rebid).
32. Approval of Change Order No. 1 with Pepper Contracting Services, Inc. for Improvements to McMullen Booth Road at State Road 590 Intersection (Rebid).
33. Adoption of a Resolution Determining the Necessity to Construct Drainage Improvements and Directing Condemnation of Necessary Property for a Drainage Easement for Curlew Creek Channel “A” Improvements.
34. Approval of an Award of Bid to Six Vendors for Water and Sewer Materials and Accessories.
35. Approval of Change Order No. 1 with DCR Engineering Services, Inc. for Motorola Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition Equipment.
36. Adoption of a Resolution Approving the Pinellas County Local Housing Assistance Plan for the Housing Trust Fund for FYs 2006-2007, 2007-2008, and 2008-2009 (Community Development).
37. Approval of an Increase in Funds for Master Purchase Order with Five Vendors for Janitorial Services at Various County Buildings (Facility Management).
38. Approval of an Increase in Funds for Sole-Source Master Purchase Order with Stewart Security Systems, Inc. for Repair and Upgrade Services of Cell and Gate Doors at the Detention Center (Facility Management).
39. Approval to Rescind an Award of Bid to TekSystems Management, Inc., a/k/a TekSystems, Inc. for Contract Staffing Resources (Information Systems).
40. Approval of a Contract with the City of Clearwater and the Sheriff for Forensic, Evidence, and Property Storage (Justice and Consumer Services).
None 41. Other Administrative Matters.
42. Approval of Authority for the County Attorney to Defend the Cases of:
a. LPP Mortgage Ltd. v. Susan B. Chapman, as Personal Representative of the Estate of Kathy B. Monti, et al. - Circuit Civil Case No. 06-8602-CI-19 - Mortgage Foreclosure Involving Two Community Development Mortgages.
b. Camelot Condominium Owners Association, Inc. v. Luke Investments, Inc., et al. - Circuit Civil Case No. 06-9178-CI-13 – Action to Quiet and Confirm Title to Real Property.
43. Approval of Authority for County Attorney to Initiate Litigation in the Case of Oberlin v. Whetstone Apartments, Ltd. - PC2005 136; 04-05-1373-8 – Allegations of Housing Discrimination.
44. Approval of Authority to Extend the Timeframe in the Eldrige-Wilde Wellfield Transfer Agreement to February 29, 2008, for Tampa Bay Water to Seek Reimbursement of Expenses Related to the Clearing of Title Defects.
01/23/07 45. Approval of Authority to Advertise a Public Hearing on a Proposed Ordinance Regarding Ethical Campaign Practices.
46. Adoption of a Resolution Instructing the Tax Collector Not to Mail Tax Notices and Instructing the Property Appraiser Not to Extend the Tax Roll On Any Parcel for Which the Tax Will Amount to Less Than $20.00.
As corrected 47. Approval of a Declaration of Restrictive Covenant on County-Owned
Joe’s Creek Property as Amended by the Florida Department of Revenue.
48. Approval of Settlement in the Case of Douglas Finch v. Pinellas County, et al. - Circuit Civil Case No. 06-8435-CI-08.
49. Approval of Settlement in the Case of Pinellas County v. Menios Papas, Popi Papas, et al. - Circuit Civil Case No. 01-008225-CI-015 - Keene Road Project – Phases 1A and 1B - Parcels 028 (Roadway Easement); 030 (Roadway Easement); and 031 (Roadway Easement).
50. Approval of Settlement of Claims of Desmond Small and Christopher Lobban against Sheriff Jim Coats - Claim No. 06-93241.
Attorney Churuti provided a brief update on the Charter Review amendments litigation.
E. AUTHORITIES, BOARDS, AND COUNCILS
02/06/07 and 02/20/07 52. Approval of Authority to Advertise Two Public Hearings Regarding Amendments to the Countywide Plan Rules.
EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES (EMS) AUTHORITY
53. Approval of an Appointment the EMS Advisory Council.
HOUSING FINANCE AUTHORITY (HFA)
54. Approval of a Reappointment of an HFA Board Member.
55. Approval of a Request for a Permit Extension for CD33714-03 Submitted by Anthony Saroukos, 1055 North Pinellas Avenue, Anclote River, Tarpon Springs.
F. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR REPORTS
a. Approval of staff recommendation to go forward with City of Pinellas Park request for proposed annexation.
b. Approval of reallocation of $3.6 million in order to apply for Transportation Regional Incentive Grant (TRIP) funding for the 118th Avenue project.
G. COUNTY COMMISSION
57. Approval of an Appointment of an Alternate Member to the Public Employee Relations Commission.
58. Approval of an Appointment to the Building Board for Examining, Adjustments, and Appeals.
59. Approval of Appointments to the Pinellas County Economic Development Council.
a. Adoption of a Resolution encouraging the Florida Legislature to enact legislation addressing the insurance crisis during the special session to be held in January 2007.
b. Approval of Appointments to the Tourist Development Council.
|c. Commissioner Morroni
||conveyed New Years greetings to all Pinellas County residents; and announced that his 13th Annual Law Enforcement and Firefighters Dinner will be held on Friday, January 26, 2007.
|d. Commissioner Harris
||provided consumer tip re purchasing health club memberships; and related Penny for Pinellas information re storm water and drainage improvement projects.
|e. Commissioner Stewart
|f. Commissioner Seel
|g. Commissioner Latvala
|h. Commissioner Welch
||congratulated the University of Florida on its win; congratulated Commissioner Latvala on assuming the Chair of Tampa Bay Water for 2007; noted that Lealman garbage collection has begun and is going well; and indicated that he is hopeful that the ten-year plan to end homelessness will be implemented.
|i. Chairman Duncan
||noted that the governing board of the Southwest Florida Water Management District is meeting this afternoon to vote on issuing emergency water restrictions throughout the district; and congratulated the University of Florida on its win.
ADJOURNMENT – 11:07 A.M.