PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE to the Flag of the United States of America
PRESENTATIONS and AWARDS
A. CITIZENS TO BE HEARD
Freda Drake, Clearwater, re termination of IBMS contract.
Lenore Faulkner, Madeira Beach, re Pinellas Park Middle School, Pinellas County schools.
Greg Pound, Largo, re families.
Mark Klutho, Largo, re stupidity, waste.
Paul Gagliano, Clearwater, re Flightshops.
B. CONSENT AGENDA
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT
1. Approval of Minutes of the Regular Meeting of November 3, 2009
a. State of Florida Constitutional Officer Financial Report for 2008-2009 – Pinellas County Clerk of the Circuit Court
b. State of Florida Constitutional Officer Financial Report for 2008-2009 – Pinellas County Property Appraiser
c. State of Florida Constitutional Officer Financial Report for 2008-2009 – Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office
d. State of Florida Constitutional Officer Financial Report for 2008-2009 – Pinellas County Supervisor of Elections
e. State of Florida Constitutional Officer Financial Report for 2008-2009 – Pinellas County Tax Collector
2. f. Southwest Florida Water Management District Draft Five-Year Water Resource Development Work Program Dated October 29, 2009, together with the Fiscal Year (FY) 2010 Budget in Brief
g. Audit Services, Clerk of the Circuit Court, Report No. 2009-16 Dated November 19, 2009 – Audit of Business Technology Services Internal Service Fund
h. Audit Services, Clerk of the Circuit Court, Report No. 2009-17 Dated November 19, 2009 - Follow-Up Review of Audit of Telecommunication PBX/Phone Processes
i. Audit Services, Clerk of the Circuit Court, Report No. 2009-18 Dated November 19, 2009 – Follow-Up Review to Audit of Parking Revenue
Assistant County Administrator Mark S. Woodard agreed to schedule a work session
re audit reports.
3. Vouchers and Bills Paid
4. Miscellaneous Items to be Received for Filing:
a. Correspondence from Pinellas County School Board Regarding an Amendment to the Tentative Five-Year Facilities Work Program for 2009/2010 through 2013/2014
b. Public Risk Management of Florida Intergovernmental Cooperative Agreement for the Town of Kenneth City as Amended and Restated through October 15, 2004, for the Provision of Insurance, together with an Affidavit of Authenticity
c. Pasco County Resolution No. 10-14 Adopted October 20, 2009, Supporting Legislation to Allow Non-Charter Counties to Levy the Transportation System Surtax Authorized in Section 212.055(1), Florida Statutes; together with Correspondence Seeking Pinellas County Support for the Legislative Initiative
d. Florida Public Service Commission Notice of Staff Workshop Regarding the Regulation of Utilities Held November 24, 2009, in Tallahassee
e. Town of Kenneth City Notice of Public Hearing to be Held December 17, 2009, Regarding Proposed Ordinances Voluntarily Annexing Certain Property
5. Approval of an Award of Bid to ADAPCO, Inc. for Altosid® Mosquito Control Products and Technical Support
6. Approval of an Award of Bid to Rowland Inc. for Sanitary Sewer Repair, Rehabilitation and Extensions
7. Approval of the Receipt and File Report of Non-Procurement Items Delegated to the County Administrator for Approval (County Administrator)
8. Approval of Purchase Authorization with Various Vendors for Vehicles and Equipment (Fleet Management)
9. Approval of a Grant Application and Award with the United States Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration for the Mobile Medical Unit (Health and Human Services)
10. Approval of a Ratification of the U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Community Oriented Policing Services and the Pinellas County Sheriff for a Grant Award for the Law Enforcement Counterterrorism Test Bed Project (Justice and Consumer Services)
11. Adoption of a Resolution Appropriating Earmarked Receipts for a Particular Purpose in the FY 2010 General Fund Budget for the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act Justice Assistance Grant Awards to the Department of Justice and Consumer Services (Management and Budget)
12. Approval of a Renewal of Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity for Pinellas Suncoast Special Fire Rescue District (Public Safety Services)
13. Approval of a Cancellation and Re-Award of Contract with OJS Systems, Inc. for Contract 1B and American Facility Services, Inc. for Contract 1D for Janitorial Services at Various Buildings (Real Estate Management)
AUTHORITIES, BOARDS, AND COUNCILS
COUNTYWIDE PLANNING AUTHORITY (CPA)
14. Adoption of Resolutions Approving Updated Determinations of Countywide Consistency with the Countywide Future Land Use Plan and Rules for the Municipalities of Dunedin, Gulfport, Kenneth City, and Largo
EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES (EMS) AUTHORITY
15. Approval of a Grant Application to the Florida Department of Health, Bureau of Emergency Medical Services and Adoption of a Resolution Certifying Monies Received from the EMS Trust Fund Shall be Used Solely to Improve and Expand Prehospital Emergency Medical Services
16. Approval of Revised Appendix D to the Advanced Life Support First Responder Agreement with the Pinellas Suncoast Fire and Rescue District
C. REGULAR AGENDA
17. Items for Discussion from Consent Agenda (County Administrator and Clerk of Circuit Court)
18. Approval of the Ranking of Firms and Final Negotiated Contract with Homeless Emergency Project, Inc. and WestCare Gulfcoast-Florida, Inc. for Overnight Shelter Beds for Homeless Adults, Effective January 1, 2010 (Health and Human Services)
19. Approval of Authority to Advertise a Public Hearing on the Proposed West Bay Drive Community Redevelopment Plan for the City of Largo (Planning)
20. Other Administrative Matters
21. Adoption of a Resolution Amending and Restating the Pinellas County Cafeteria Plan with Flexible Spending Arrangement
22. Adoption of a Resolution Establishing an Account for the Funding of Claims Payable Under the Pinellas County Dental Reimbursement Plan
County Attorney James L. Bennett introduced new Assistant County Attorney Jack Powell.
D. AUTHORITIES, BOARDS, AND COUNCILS
COUNTYWIDE PLANNING AUTHORITY
24. Approval of the Special Area Plan Progress Assessment for the Clearwater Downtown Redevelopment Plan
25. Approval of the Advanced Life Support First Responders Agreement with the City of St. Petersburg for Emergency Medical Services
E. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR REPORTS
F. COUNTY COMMISSION
27. Adoption of a Resolution Supporting the Tampa Bay Regional Planning Council as Host of the 2012 National Association of Regional Councils Annual Conference
28. Approval of an Appointment to the WorkNet Pinellas Board of Directors
29. Approval of an Appointment to the Health Facilities Authority
30. Approval of Individual BCC Member Appointments
31. Approval of Appointments of the BCC As-a-Whole
Appointments to the Health Permits Board and the Pinellas Opportunity Council, Inc. Board approved.
Appointment to the East Lake Community Library Advisory Board temporarily deferred until next meeting.
a. 2010 Committee/Board Appointments by Chairman
The Commissioners wished everyone a safe and healthy holiday season.
|b. Commissioner Morroni
discussed a letter received from the Tierra Verde Community Association re the use of capital funds toward the purchase of a ladder truck for the Tierra Verde Fire District. Tierra Verde Community Association’s proposal accepted with premises.
stated that his illness is in remission and expressed his gratitude for the support received over the past year.
||discussed issue of animal cruelty in the City of Seminole; and Attorney Bennett indicated that the City has drafted an ordinance to take to the Seminole Council; and that a recommendation will be brought back to the Board.
G. SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS
SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS – BCC
33. Proposed Ordinance Amending Section 134 of the Pinellas County Land Development Code Adopting the Annual Concurrency Test Statement
34. Proposed Ordinance Amending Chapter 138 of the Pinellas County land Development Code Creating a Facility-Based Recreation Zoning District and Resource-Based Recreation Zoning District (Second Public Hearing)
35. Q CU-2-11-09 - Proposed Conditional Use Submitted by the City of Seminole, Seminole Fire and Rescue
36. Proposed Ordinance Establishing a One-Year Moratorium for the Unincorporated Area of Pinellas County, on the Permitting of Animated Signs, Including all Electronic Reader Boards, as Defined in Code Section 138-1334 (Second Public Hearing)
COUNTYWIDE PLANNING AUTHORITY (CPA) PUBLIC HEARINGS
Consideration of the Following Proposals to Amend the Adopted Countywide Future Land Use Plan:
a. Case CW 09-21 – Pinellas County
0.9 Acre More or Less (MOL) Located at the Southwest Corner of Ulmerton Road and 119th Street North; Amendment from Commercial General to Recreation/Open Space
b. Case CW 09-22 – Pinellas County
0.2 Acre MOL Located on the West Side of Jackson Street, 100 Feet North of 132nd Avenue North (13224 – 125th Street North); Amendment from Residential Low to Institutional
c. Case CW 09-23 – Pinellas County
0.6 Acre MOL Located on the Northeast Corner of Pine Street Southwest and 132nd Avenue North (13207 Pine Street North); Amendment from Residential Low to Institutional
d. Case CW 09-24 – Pinellas County
0.2 Acre MOL Located on the East Side of 119th Street North, Lying 50 Feet North of Oak Street (2253 – 119th Street North); Amendment from Residential Low to Institutional
e. Case CW 09-25 – Pinellas County
0.2 Acre MOL Located on the Southwest Corner of Grove Park Avenue North and Haines Road (2568 Grove Park Avenue North and 5208 Haines Road); Amendment from Residential Low Medium to Commercial General
f. Case CW 09-26 – Pinellas County
3.2 Acres MOL Located on the South Side of Whitney Road, Lying 145 Feet East of Whitney Drive; Amendment from Transportation/Utility to Institutional
g. Case CW 09-27 – City of Clearwater
0.7 Acre MOL Located on the West Side of Kings Highway, Approximately 175 Feet North of Byram Drive; Amendment from Residential Medium with Transportation/Utility Overlay and Water/Drainage Feature Overlay to Residential Medium with Transportation/Utility Overlay and Water/Drainage Feature Overlay
REGULAR AMENDMENT OF SPECIAL AREA PLAN (SAP)
38. Case CW 97-62 (SAP Change No. 1-2009) – City of Largo
315.4 Acres MOL Generally an Area Included within and Encompassed by 4th Avenue Northwest, Missouri Avenue, 2nd Avenue Northeast, 2nd Street Northeast, 1st Avenue Northeast, Central Park Drive (Including Largo Central Park and Library), an Area North of 6th Avenue Southeast, Seminole Boulevard, 4th Avenue West, and Extending Further West to the Western Boundary of the Largo Medical Center, West Bay Drive, 14th Street Northwest, Pine Vista Drive and the Pinellas Trail.
Amendment of the West Bay Drive Redevelopment Plan, Also Known as a SAP, which is the Basis for the Community Redevelopment District Designation on the Countywide Plan Map. The Proposed Amendment Area Affects the Entire 315 Acres in the Redevelopment Plan Area. The Amendments will Serve to Replace the Original West Bay Drive Redevelopment Plan that was Adopted in 1997 with a New Plan that will Guide Redevelopment by Establishing Character Districts that Govern Allowable Uses, Maximum Floor Area Ratios for Non-Residential Uses, and Maximum Density for Residential Uses. The Plan also Contains Design Elements and Capital Improvement Plans for Pedestrian Amenities, Transportation and Other Infrastructure.
ADJOURNMENT – 7:19 P.M.