PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE to the Flag of the United States of America
PRESENTATIONS and AWARDS
A. SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS
1. Petition to Vacate Submitted by International Capital Properties, Inc. for an Unopened Portion of Right-of-Way in the Tierra Verde Unit One Subdivision (Legislative Hearing)
2. Proposed Amendments to the Pinellas County Land Development Code, Creating the Facility-Based Recreation Zoning District and the Resource-Based Recreation Zoning District (First Public Hearing)
3. Proposed Resolution Amending the Intown West Redevelopment Plan for the City of St. Petersburg
4. Proposed Resolution Amending the Bayboro Harbor Redevelopment Plan for the City of St. Petersburg
5. Proposed Ordinance Declaring a Moratorium on the Permitting of Animated Signs in Unincorporated Pinellas County
B. CITIZENS TO BE HEARD
Jessica Respondek, St. Petersburg, re Fertilizer and Upham Beach.
Tom Krumreich, Tampa, re Fertilizer and Agenda Item No. 22.
Michael J. Holsinger, Sarasota, re Fertilizer Ordinance, Agenda Item No. 22.
Erica Santella, Fruitland Park, re Agenda Item No. 22, Fertilizer/Water Quality.
Phil Compton, St. Petersburg, re Agenda Item No. 22, Fertilizer Ordinance.
Holly Greening, St. Petersburg, re Agenda Item No. 22.
Cathy Harrelson, St. Petersburg, re Agenda Item No. 22.
Nicholas Fgutsch, Clearwater, re Agenda Item No. 22, Fertilizer Ordinance.
Britten Cleveland, St. Petersburg, re Fertilizer Ordinance.
JoAn Y. Totty, Palm Harbor.
Lenore Faulkner, Madeira Beach, re Pinellas County Schools.
Greg Pound, Largo, re Pinellas families.
Early Sorenson, Dunedin, re Fertilizer Ordinance.
Jayme Atchlay, Sarasota, re Fertilizer Ordinance.
C. CONSENT AGENDA
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT
6. Approval of Minutes of the Regular Meeting of October 20, 2009
7. Dock Fee Report for the Month of October 2009
8. Vouchers and Bills Paid
9. Miscellaneous Items to be Received for Filing:
a. City of Clearwater Notices of Public Hearings Regarding
Ordinances Nos. 8079-09, 8080-09, and 8121-09 through 8123-09, Amending the Annexation, Land Use Plan, and Zoning Atlas; Public Hearings Held November 17 and to be Held December 3, 2009
See Item No. 17
b. Correspondence from the City of Pinellas Park Regarding Two
Ordinances Annexing Certain Property; Public Hearing Held November 24, 2009
c. Florida Public Service Commission Order No. PSC-09-0737-TRF-
EQ (Docket No. 090162-EQ) Approving Standard Offer Contract and Associated Tariff Filed by Progress Energy Florida, Inc. and Prehearing Order No. PSC-09-0720-PHO-EI (Docket No. 090007-EI) Regarding the Environmental Cost Recovery Clause
10. Approval of the Installation of One Speed Hump on 66th Street North between Curlew Road (State Road 586) and Talley Drive
See Item No. 17
11. Approval of an Award of Bid to American Lighting and Signalization,
Inc. for Belcher Road Advanced Traffic Management System, Intelligent Transportation System, Stage II
12. Approval of an Award of Bid to Clark Hunt Construction, Inc. for 54th Avenue North at 28th Street North Improvements
13. Approval of a Contract with the City of Madeira Beach and the Sheriff for Law Enforcement Services (Justice and Consumer Services)
14. Adoption of a Resolution Appropriating Earmarked Receipts for a Particular Purpose in the FY 2010 General Fund Budget for American Recovery and Reinvestment Act Justice Assistance Grant Award to the Pinellas County Department of Justice and Consumer Services (Management and Budget)
See Item No. 17
15. Approval of a Continued Purchase Authorization with Office Depot, Inc.
for Office Supplies, Annual Requirements (Purchasing)
AUTHORITIES, BOARDS, AND COUNCILS
HOUSING FINANCE AUTHORITY (HFA)
16. Approval of the HFA Quarterly Report on the Pinellas Community Housing Trust Fund
D. REGULAR AGENDA
17. Items for Discussion from Consent Agenda (County Administrator and Clerk of Circuit Court)
Items Nos. 9b, 11, and 15 pulled from Consent Agenda for discussion and separate vote (Item No. 9b discussion only – staff to research).
18. Approval of the Second Amendment to the Agreement for Professional Services with E.C. Driver & Associates, Inc. for Belleair Beach Causeway Bridge Replacement
19. Approval of Change Order No. 3 with Johnson Bros. – Misener Marine for Belleair Beach Causeway Bridge Replacements
20. Adoption of a Resolution Approving an Amendment to Pinellas County’s FY 2006-2010 Consolidated Strategic Plan and FY 2008-2009 Action Plan (Community Development)
21. Adoption of a Recovery Zone Facility Bonds Resolution and Approval of Recovery Zone Economic Development Bonds (Economic Development)
22. Approval of Authority to Advertise a Public Hearing on an OrdinanceRegulating Landscape Maintenance Practices and the Use of Fertilizers
Containing Nitrogen and/or Phosphorus (Environmental Management/Culture, Education and Leisure)
23. Other Administrative Matters
a. Pinellas County Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Study Update
24. Miscellaneous – None
E. AUTHORITIES, BOARDS, AND ENTITIES
25. Adoption of a Resolution Approving Issuance of HFA Multi-County, Multi-Year, Single-Family Mortgage Revenue Bonds in the Aggregate Amount Not-to-Exceed $250,000,000.00
26. Adoption of a Resolution Approving Intent of the HFA to Proceed with the Financing of a Multi-Family Residential Rental Housing Project through Issuance of Multi-Family Housing Revenue Bonds, in a Principal Amount Not-to-Exceed $12,500,000.00
SIXTH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT COURT
27. Approval of the Fifth Amendment to Contract with Goodwill Industries-Suncoast, Inc., Operation PAR, Inc., and Westcare Gulfcoast-Florida, Inc. for Implementation of the Drug Court Treatment Services
F. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR REPORTS
G. COUNTY COMMISSION
29. Approval of Appointments to the WorkNet Pinellas Board of Directors
30. Approval of Appointments to the Charter Review Commission
|a. Commissioner Welch
||thanked the members for the opportunity to serve on the Charter Review Commission.
|b. Commissioner Brickfield
||discussed a resolution supporting the Tampa Bay Regional Planning Council as hosts of the 2012 National Association of Regional Councils Annual Conference.
discussed merging of the Pinellas Planning Council and the Metropolitan Planning Organization; whereupon, the members discussed holding a workshop to include members of those organizations.
|c. Commissioner Seel
||requested that Administrator LaSala notify the members in advance of any vital items which may appear on the December 19, 2009 agenda.
related that the City of Belleair Bluffs has requested that the County hold a celebration upon final completion of the Belleair Causeway Bridge.
ADJOURNMENT – 12:14 P.M.