PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE to the Flag of the United States of America
PRESENTATIONS and AWARDS
A. SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS - BCC
1. Proposed Tax Equity Fiscal Responsibility Act (TEFRA) Resolution for TEFRA Issuance of Not-to-Exceed $11,000,000.00 City of St. Petersburg Health Facilities Authority Health Facilities Revenue Refunding Bonds, Series 2009, on Behalf of Menorah Manor, Inc.
B. CITIZENS TO BE HEARD
Lenore Faulkner, Madeira Beach, re Pinellas County Schools.
JoAn Y. Totty, Palm Harbor, re noise – staff to follow up.
Mark Klutho, Largo, re stupidity, waste.
Greg Pound, Largo, re Pinellas families.
C. CONSENT AGENDA
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT
2. Approval of Minutes of the Regular Meeting of September 22, 2009 and Special Public Hearing Meeting of September 29, 2009
a. Pinellas County Capital Improvement Program, Six-Year Work Plan, Fiscal Year (FY) 2010 through FY 2015
b. Dock Fee Report for the Month of September 2009
c. Quarterly Report of Routine Dock Permits Issued from July 1, 2009 through September 30, 2009
4. Vouchers and Bills Paid
5. Miscellaneous Items to be Received for Filing:
a. Barrier Islands Government Council (BIG-C) Resolution No. 2009-1 Adopted September 30, 2009, Opposing Offshore Drilling
b. City of Clearwater Public Hearing Notices of Historical Designations and Annexation, Land Use Plan, and Zoning Atlas, Community Development Code, and Comprehensive Plan Amendments Regarding Ordinances Nos. 8070-09, 8088-09, 8110-09 through 8116-09 and 8118-09 and 8119-09; Public Hearings to be Held November 5 and December 3, 2009
c. City of St. Petersburg Notice of Public Hearings Held October 15, 2009 Regarding Two Ordinances Amending the Intown West and Bayboro Harbor Community Redevelopment Plans, Together with Copies of the Amendments
d. Florida Public Service Commission Notice of Prehearing
and Hearing Regarding a Joint Petition for Show Cause Proceedings Against Verizon Florida LLC by the Office of the Attorney General, Citizens of the State of Florida, and the AARP Held October 15 and 29, 2009, Respectively, in Tallahassee (Docket No. 080278-TL)
6. Approval of a Joint Project Agreement for Utility Installation by Roadway Contractor with Verizon Florida, LLC for Keystone Road Project from U.S. Highway 19 to East Lake Road
7. Approval of an Award of Bid to Premier Chemicals, LLC for Magnesium Hydroxide Suspension
8. Approval of a Contract with the City of Oldsmar and the Pinellas County Sheriff for Law Enforcement Services (Justice and Consumer Services)
9. Adoption of a Resolution Appropriating Earmarked Receipts for a Particular Purpose in the FY 2009 Utilities Sewer Interest and Sinking Fund (Management and Budget)
10. Approval of the Ranking for Firms and Authority for Staff to Negotiate with the Number One Ranked Firm for:
a. Electro-Cardiograph Monitor/Defibrillators and Services (Public Safety Services)
See Item No. 11
b. Software and Implementation Services: Real Property and Lease Management (Real Estate Management)
D. REGULAR AGENDA
11. Items for Discussion from Consent Agenda (County Administrator and Clerk of Circuit Court).
Item No. 10b pulled from Consent Agenda for discussion and separate vote.
12. Approval of Recommendations of the Social Action Funding Board to Local Social Service Agencies: (Health and Human Services)
a. Master Social Action Funding Agreement
b. Master Homeless Initiative Funding Program Agreement
13. Approval of Authority to Advertise Public Hearings on Proposed Amendments to the Bayboro Harbor Redevelopment Plan and the Intown West Redevelopment Plan for the City of St. Petersburg (Planning)
14. Approval of an Agreement for Construction Management at Risk Services with Hennessy Construction Services Corp. for the Sheriff’s Tech Buildings 1, 2, and 3 Renovations (Real Estate Management)
15. Other Administrative Matters
a. Adoption of the 2010 State Legislative Program (County
16. Approval of Authority for the County Attorney to Defend the Cases of:
a. Integrated Building Maintenance Services, Inc., a Florida Corporation v. Pinellas County, a Political Subdivision - Circuit Civil Case No. 09-18099-CI-021 – Allegations of Breach of Contract
b. John A. Moore, Jr. v. Pinellas County BCC – Circuit Civil Case No. 09-016695-CI-021 - Allegations of Negligence in the Operation of a Pinellas County Motor Vehicle
17. Approval of Authority for the County Attorney to File a Small Claims Action on Behalf of Sunstar Against William A. Borja, Esquire, Personal Representative for the Estate of Carmen Cintron, for an Unpaid Ambulance Bill
18. Miscellaneous - None
E. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR REPORTS
F. COUNTY COMMISSION
20. Approval of an Appointment to the Youth Advisory Committee
21. Approval of an Appointment to the Pinellas Public Library Cooperative
|a. Commissioner Morroni
||related that he had attended the 30th anniversary celebration at the Feather Sound Community Church; and congratulated Pastor Tom Hamilton and the congregation on their 30 years in the community.
b. Commissioner Welch
reminded citizens to vote in today’s municipal elections.
indicated that he had represented the Board in an oil drilling debate in Tallahassee last week; that incoming Legislative leadership is supportive of oil drilling in the Gulf; and that the Suncoast League of Cities will be sponsoring a forum this Thursday evening at the Gulfport Casino.
|c. Commissioner Bostock
||requested that the Board hold a brief discussion regarding board and committee appointments for the coming year; item to be included in a future meeting agenda.
|d. Chairman Harris
||offered a water conservation tip.
ADJOURNMENT – 11:03 a.m.