PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE to the Flag of the United States of America
PRESENTATIONS and AWARDS
A. SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS
SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS – BCC
1. Proposed Resolution Amending the Development Order for the Trinity Communities Development of Regional Impact
COUNTYWIDE PLANNING AUTHORITY (CPA) PUBLIC HEARINGS
Consideration of the Following Proposals to Amend the Adopted Countywide Future Land Use Plan:
a. Case CW 09-17 – Pinellas County
Southeast Corner of 46th Avenue North and 79th Way North; Amendment from Residential/Office General to Commercial General
b. Case CW 09-19 – City of Largo
1460 East Bay Drive and Adjacent Parcel to the East; Amendment from Residential Medium to Residential/Office General
3. REGULAR AMENDMENT - Case CW 09-18 – City of Largo
2174 and 2180 62nd Street North; Amendment from Residential Medium and Preservation with Water/Drainage Feature Overlay to Commercial General and Preservation with Water/Drainage Feature Overlay
B. CITIZENS TO BE HEARD
Lenore Faulkner, Madeira Beach, re Pinellas County Schools.
Greg Pound, Largo, re Pinellas families – submitted document.
Mark P. Klutho, Largo, re stupidity, waste.
C. CONSENT AGENDA
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT
4. Approval of Minutes of the Regular Meeting of July 7, 2009
a. City of Dunedin Comprehensive Annual Financial Report and the Single Audit Report for the Fiscal Year (FY) Ending September 30, 2008
See Item 24
b. City of Gulfport Urban Services Report for Proposed Annexation of 171.12 Acres of Unincorporated Pinellas County by Referendum, the Legal Notice of Public Hearing, and the Notice of Public Hearing Regarding Ordinance No. 2009-10 to be Held August 4, 2009
c. City of Safety Harbor Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for FY Ended September 30, 2008
d. City of South Pasadena Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for the Year Ended September 30, 2008, Together with Auditor's Letter Regarding South Pasadena Fire Department
See Item 24
e. Juvenile Welfare Board Interim Financial Report (Unaudited) Dated June 30, 2009
f. Public Risk Management of Florida Intergovernmental Cooperative Agreement for the Towns of Belleair and Kenneth City, and the Cities of Gulfport, Safety Harbor, South Pasadena, Indian Rocks Beach, and St. Pete Beach for the Provision of Insurance, Together with an Affidavit of Authenticity
g. Dock Fee Report for the Month of June 2009
h. Quarterly Report of Routine Dock Permits Issued from April 1, 2009 through June 30, 2009
6. Vouchers and Bills Paid
7. Miscellaneous Items to be Received for Filing:
a. Notice of Amendment to the Clearwater Community Development Code Regarding Ordinance No. 8044-09; Public Hearing to be Held September 3, 2009
b. City of Pinellas Park Notice of Public Hearing Regarding Ordinances Nos. 3686 and 3688 Annexing Certain Property and No. 3689 Correcting a Scrivener’s Error in a Zoning Classification for a Certain Parcel of Land; Public Hearings Held July 23, 2009
c. Pinellas Park Water Management District Minutes of Regular Authority Meeting No. 8 Dated May 21, 2009
8. Approval to Accept and Record a Plat, Private Street Sign Installation Guarantee, and a Sidewalk Guarantee for Harbor Ridge of Palm Harbor
9. Approval of Awards of Bid to:
a. Econolite Control Products, Inc. for Traffic Controller Assemblies for the Advanced Traffic Management System
See Item 24
b. Coastal Marine Construction Incorporated for Repairs to the Dunedin Causeway Bridge
See Item 24
10. Approval of an Award of Bid to Central Florida Mulch, Inc. for the Sale of Surplus Pine Straw
11. Approval to Accept a Notice of Grant Award from the United States Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) for a Replacement Mobile Medical Unit (MMU) Van (Health and Human Services)
See Item 24
12. Approval to Accept Revised Notices of Grant Awards from the HRSA for the MMU (Health and Human Services)
13. Approval of the Recommendation of the Substance Abuse Advisory Board for Distribution of an Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant, American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 Funds for FY 2009-2010 (Justice and Consumer Services)
14. Approval of a Contract with the City of Seminole and the Pinellas County Sheriff for Law Enforcement Services (Justice and Consumer Services)
15. Approval of FY 2009 Budget Amendment No. 10 (Management and Budget)
16. Adoption of a Resolution Appropriating Earmarked Receipts for a Particular Purpose in the FY 2009 General Fund Budget for: (Management and Budget)
a. Unanticipated Grant Award from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security to the Department of Environmental Management
b. Various Unanticipated Grants to the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office
See Item 24
17. Approval of an Award of Bid to Verizon Select Services Inc. for Maintenance 9-1-1 Emergency Telephone/Recording Equipment (Public Safety Services)
18. Approval of a Purchase Authorization with Staples Business Advantage, a Division of Staples Contract & Commercial, Inc. for Office Supplies (Purchasing)
19. Approval of the Receipt and File Quarterly Report of Claim Settlements for the Period from April Through June 2009 (Risk Management/County Attorney)
AUTHORITIES, BOARDS, AND ENTITIES
COUNTYWIDE PLANNING AUTHORITY (CPA)
20. Approval to Accept Five 2009 Countywide Plan Map Adjustments
21. Approval of a Transfer of Development Rights Filing Form
22. Approval of Determinations of Countywide Consistency for Belleair Beach, North Redington Beach, Oldsmar, and South Pasadena
HOUSING FINANCE AUTHORITY
See Item 24
23. Approval of a Quarterly Progress Report for the Pinellas County Community Housing Trust Fund
D. REGULAR AGENDA
24. Items for Discussion from Consent Agenda (County Administrator and Clerk of Circuit Court)
Items Nos. 5b, 5e, 9b, 10, 12, 17, and 23 pulled from Consent Agenda for discussion and a separate vote; all were approved. Commissioner Latvala noted a scrivener’s error on Agenda Item No. 5e.
25. Approval to Accept the Preliminary Engineering Report for Starkey Road (County Road 1) from Ulmerton Road to East Bay Drive
26. Approval of Change Order No. 3 with Pepper Contracting Services, Inc. for Countywide Americans with Disabilities Act Ramp, Sidewalk, Drainage and Intersection Improvements
27. Approval of an Interlocal Agreement with the City of Treasure Island for Advanced Traffic Management System/Intelligent Transportation Systems and Roadway Transfer Agreement to Transfer Traffic Control Authority
28. Approval of Agreements with the Top Four Ranked Firms for Materials Testing Services
29. Adoption of a Resolution Supporting Actions by the Florida Department of Environmental Protection and the Environmental Regulation Commission Regarding Surface Water Bodies (Environmental Management)
30. Adoption of a Resolution Approving Submission of the Pinellas County Local Government Funding Request to the Florida Department of Environmental Protection, Bureau of Beaches and Coastal Systems for FY 2010-2011 Long-Range Budget Plan (Environmental Management)
31. Approval of a Final Negotiated Contract with Datafutures, Inc. for Software Implementation for the Health and Human Services Department, Rebid (Health and Human Services)
32. Other Administrative Matters
a. Adoption of a Resolution for the purpose of establishing First Responder funding for Fiscal Year 2009-2010 and memorializing the agreement between the City of St. Petersburg and the EMS Authority (Public Safety Services, EMS Division).
b. Adoption of an amendment to the Pinellas County Commission Public Participation and Decorum Rules.
33. Approval of Authority for the County Attorney to Defend the Cases of:
a. April L. Diersing and Robert P. Diersing v. Pinellas County, Florida, City of St. Petersburg and Car Clean, Inc., a Florida Corporation – Circuit Civil Case No. 09-011171-CI-019 – Allegations of Negligence Resulting in Personal Injuries
b. Paul Doric, et al v. Pinellas County – Circuit Civil Case No. 09-11008-CI-7 – Allegations of Negligence Resulting in Personal Injuries
34. Approval of Authority for the County Attorney to Initiate Litigation in Pinellas County v. McGeehan Construction, Inc. – Action to Recover Settlement Paid on a Sewer Backup Claim
35. Approval of a Recommendation to Approve Settlement in Vicki Groff v. Pinellas County Government - Workers’ Compensation Claim
Approval of authority for County Attorney to submit a claim in the case of Simonet versus SmithKline Beecham, D.P.R.
E. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR REPORTS
F. COUNTY COMMISSION
38. Approval of Appointments and Reappointments to the Youth Advisory Committee
|a. Commissioner Welch
discussed the Transit Summit to be held on August 10 at the Hilton Carillon.
displaying photographs, noted that the Pinellas Trail is patrolled by a group of volunteer Trail Rangers trained by the St. Petersburg Police Department, as well as by County park rangers; and related that the Job Corps facility is now complete and an announcement will be forthcoming on the Department of Labor’s selection of an operator for the facility.
asked about the current SWFWMD water restrictions; and Utilities Director Tom Crandall provided an update and indicated that the restrictions are posted on the County’s website.
|b. Commissioner Brickfield
||discussed solar powered trash cans/compactors; and Mr. LaSala agreed to research their cost effectiveness and applicability for use in various County applications.
|c. Chairman Harris
||provided a water conservation tip.
ADJOURNMENT - 11:42 AM