PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE to the Flag of the United States of America
PRESENTATIONS and AWARDS
A. CONSENT AGENDA
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT
1. Approval of Minutes of the Regular Meeting of June 16, 2009
a. Internal Audit Division, Clerk of the Circuit Court, Report No. 2009-12, Dated June 25, 2009 – Audit of Alternate Water Source Rebate and Conservation Program
b. Internal Audit Division, Clerk of the Circuit Court, Report No. 2009-13, Dated June 25, 2009 – Audit of Airport Concessions
c. Eastlake Oaks Community Development District Proposed Operating Budget for Fiscal Year (FY) 2010, Pursuant to Chapter 190.008(2)(b), Florida Statutes
d. Entrada Community Development District Proposed Operating Budget for FY 2010
3. Vouchers and Bills Paid
4. Miscellaneous Items to be Received for Filing:
a. City of Largo Notice of Public Hearing Regarding Ordinance No. 2009-43 Annexing Certain Property and Correspondence About Public Hearings Regarding Ordinances Nos. 2009-31 and 2009-33 Amending the West Bay Drive Community Redevelopment District Plan; Public Hearings to be Held July 21, 2009
b. City of Pinellas Park Notice of Public Hearing Regarding Ordinance No. 3686 Held July 9, 2009, Annexing Certain Property
c. Notification from DOC Maintenance Inc. Pursuant to the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) Act Regarding the Closing of the Business and the Permanent Lay Off of 148 Employees, Including Three Located in Pinellas County
5. Approval of the Receipt and File Report of Consultant’s Competitive Negotiation Act Items Approved by the County Administrator for the Quarter Ending June 30, 2009
6. Approval of a Partial Release of Retainage with Diaz/Fritz Group, Inc., d/b/a Diaz Fritz Isabel, for the Eagle Lake Park Project
7. Approval of the County Administrator Receipt and File Reports of: (County Administrator)
a. Delegated Items
b. Procurement Items for the Quarter Ending June 30, 2009
See Item No. 11 8. Approval of the Ratification of a Grant Application with the Public Defender of the 6th Judicial Circuit and the State of Florida Department of Children and Families (DCF) and Amendment No. 1 with DCF and the BCC for the Criminal Justice, Mental Health, and Substance Abuse Reinvestment Grant (Justice and Consumer Services)
9. Approval of the Receipt and File Reports from April 1, 2009, through June 30, 2009, for: (Management and Budget)
a. Administrative Budget Amendments
b. Law Enforcement Trust Fund
10. Approval of an Emergency Rescind and Re-Award of Bid for a Portion of Contract with Three Vendors for Janitorial Services at Various County Buildings (Real Estate Management)
B. REGULAR AGENDA
11. Items for Discussion from Consent Agenda (County Administrator and Clerk of Circuit Court)
Item No. 8 pulled from Consent Agenda for discussion and separate vote.
12. Approval of Amendment No. 1 to the Contract with Valleycrest Golf Course Maintenance, Inc. for Golf Course Maintenance Operations
13. Approval of a Lease for Real Property with the U.S. Government for Transportation Security Administration Lease Space in the Terminal Building
14. Approval of Change Order No. 2 with Johnson Bros. – Misener Marine for Belleair Beach Causeway Bridge Replacements
10/06/09 15. Adoption of a Resolution and Approval of Authority to Advertise a Public Hearing for the Creation of a Street Lighting District for:
a. Thunderbird Hill Subdivision (Companion Item No. 16a)
b. Madison Avenue Between Randolph Street and Ulmerton Road, within the Ulmerton Subdivision (Companion Item No. 16b)
10/06/09 16. Approval of Authority to Advertise a Public Hearing Approving the Use of the Uniform Method of Collecting Non-Ad Valorem Assessments for Servicing within the Unincorporated Area of Pinellas County for:
a. Thunderbird Hill Subdivision Street Lighting District (Companion Item No. 15a)
b. Madison Avenue Street Lighting District (Companion Item No. 15b)
17. Adoption of a Resolution Amending Resolution 08-109 and Providing Authorization of Additional Projects Funded from the Pinellas County Sewer Revenue Bond, Series 2008A
09/29/09 18. Adoption of a Resolution Establishing Preliminary Revised Rates for the Pinellas County Sewer System and Approving Authority to Advertise a Public Hearing for:
a. Wholesale Sewer
b. Retail Sewer
09/29/09 19. Adoption of a Resolution Establishing Preliminary Revised Rates for the Pinellas County Water System and Approving Authority to Advertise a Public Hearing for:
a. Wholesale Water
b. Retail Water
09/29/09 20. Adoption of a Resolution Establishing Preliminary Revised Reclaimed Water Schedule of Rates for the Pinellas County Reclaimed Water System and Approving Authority to Advertise a Public Hearing
21. Approval of an Appointment to the Local Public Employee Relations Commission (County Administrator)
22. Approval of Two Requests from the City Of Tarpon Springs to Utilize Pinellas Trail Property for the Safford Avenue Extension and for the Installation of Bike/Pedestrian Bridges to Connect the Trail to Adjacent Private Property (Planning)
23. Approval of the Ranking of Firms and Authority for Staff to Negotiate with the Number One Ranked Firm for Construction Management at Risk Services for Public Safety Facilities and Centralized Communications Center (Real Estate Management)
24. Approval to Declare a Portion of County-Owned Land Surplus, Adoption of a Resolution to Conduct a Private Sale, and Approval of the Contract for Sale and Purchase and County Deed with L. Christopher and Patricia A. Kent for Property Lying on the East Side of North Bayshore Drive, Fronting Old Tampa Bay (Real Estate Management)
25. Approval to Declare County-Owned Property Surplus and Adoption of a Resolution Authorizing Conveyance to the Pinellas Community Housing Foundation, Inc., as Trustee of the Pinellas County Surplus Land Trust – 162nd Avenue (Real Estate Management/Community Development)
26. Other Administrative Matters:
Adoption of a Resolution to Appropriate Unanticipated Grants Revenue in the General Fund – Public Defender Budget
None 27. Miscellaneous
C. AUTHORITIES, BOARDS, AND COUNCILS
EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES (EMS) AUTHORITY
28. Approval of Appointments to the EMS Medical Control Board
29. Approval of Re-Appointments to the EMS Advisory Council
30. Approval of Amendment No. 3 to the Agreement with Paramedics Plus, L.L.C. for Ambulance Services
D. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR REPORTS
E. COUNTY COMMISSION
| a. Commissioner Morroni
||discussed the Feather Sound Community Services District’s proposed millage rate and reserves; moved that the Board advertise a reduced millage rate of 0.5660, seconded by Commissioner Bostock and carried.
|b. Commissioner Seel
||indicated that a joint meeting of the PSTA, TBARTA, MPO, PPC, and BCC will be held on August 10, 2009, and encouraged all Commissioners to attend.
requested an update on the work of the ABC group pertaining to the Rays’ stadium.
indicated that she has requested that the Health and Human Services Coordinating Council report on its progress at an upcoming BCC meeting.
requested an update on the progress of the Interlocal Service Boundary Agreement; and Brian Smith provided information, with input by Mr. LaSala.
|c. Commissioner Welch
||indicated that the upcoming joint meeting will be important in the Board’s consideration of a possible transit surtax.
|d. Commissioner Bostock
||referred to a survey of nine other governmental entities and requested changes in the Board’s policy regarding public input at BCC meetings. Board agreed to move Citizens To Be Heard to before the Consent and Regular Agenda items at the 3:00 P.M. meeting; and that citizens will be allowed to speak a total of three minutes on any subject they wish, including Regular and Consent Agenda items.
|e. Chairman Harris
||provided a water conservation tip.
F. SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS
SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS – BCC
33. Petition to Vacate Submitted by Hassan Waez for a Portion of a Utility and a Portion of a Drainage Easement on Lot 130, Sound West Unit 3 Subdivision (Quasi-Judicial Hearing)
34. Petition to Vacate Submitted by Stanley C. and Sue E. Keim for a Portion of a Utility and Drainage Easement on Lot 2, Block C, Oak Park Subdivision Unit Four (Quasi-Judicial Hearing)
35. Proposed Resolution Approving the Pinellas County Consortium’s FY 2009-2010 Action Plan
36. Proposed Ordinance Amending Chapter 38, Article IV of the Pinellas County Code Relating to the Pinellas Community Housing Trust Fund Program
37. Proposed Ordinance Amending the Pinellas County Comprehensive Plan Regarding the Transportation Element
without prejudice 38. Planning and Zoning Application Heard by the Examiner (Quasi-Judicial Hearings are Noted with a “Q” Prefix):
Resolution Changing the Zoning Classification of a Parcel of Land Containing Approximately .38 Acre of Land Located 130 Feet North of Ulmerton Road and Lying Between Audry Lane and West Rena Drive, Largo; Page 728 of the Zoning Atlas, as Being in Section 06, Township 30, Range 16; from R-3, Single Family Residential to C-2, General Retail Commercial and Limited Services and a Variance to Allow Development on a 75 Foot Wide Lot Where 80 Feet is Required, upon Application of Vito Farese, and an Ordinance Amending the Future Land Use Map of Pinellas County, Florida by Changing the Land Use Designation of a Parcel of Land Containing Approximately .27 Acre of Land Located 130 Feet North of Ulmerton Road and Lying Between Audry Lane and West Rena Drive, Largo, Located in Section 06, Township 30, Range 16; from Residential Urban to Commercial General, Providing for Other Modifications that May Arise from Review of This Ordinance at the Public Hearing and/or with Other Responsible Parties, and Providing an Effective Date
39. Proposed Ordinance Amending the Scrivener’s Errors in Ordinance No. 09-27
a. Proposed Ordinance Amending the Definition of Permitted Investments in Section 2-144(a), Pinellas County Code (Public Hearing Agenda Item, Companion Regular Agenda Item No. 40b)
b. Adoption of a Resolution Authorizing Investment of Surplus Funds in the Florida Local Government Investment Trust and Delivery of the Florida Trust Day to Day Fund New Account Application (Regular Agenda Item, Companion Public Hearing Agenda Item No. 40a)
41. Proposed Ordinance Amending the Pinellas County Code Creating Section 2-166 Relating to Local Preferences for Procurements
G. CITIZENS TO BE HEARD
Lenore Faulkner, Madeira Beach, re Pinellas County Schools.
Mark P. Klutho, Largo, re stupidity, waste.
Greg Pound, Largo, re families.
ADJOURNMENT – 8:23 P.M