PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE to the Flag of the United States of America
PRESENTATIONS and AWARDS
A. SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS
SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS – BCC
1. Proposed Ordinance Amending Section 46-33 of the Pinellas County Code Regarding Surcharge on Non-Criminal Traffic Infractions or Certain Criminal Violations
2. Water and Navigation Commercial Dock Application CD39624-09 Submitted by William A. Day, 473 East Shore Drive, Mandalay Channel/ Clearwater Harbor, Clearwater
COUNTYWIDE PLANNING AUTHORITY (CPA) PUBLIC HEARINGS
Consideration of the Following Proposals to Amend the Adopted Countywide Future Land Use Plan:
3. SUBTHRESHOLD AMENDMENT – Case CW 09-15 – City of Dunedin
1000 Lyndhurst Street, 1099 Virginia Street, and the Southern Adjacent Vacant Lot; All Three Parcels are Generally Located East of Cedarwood Drive; Amendment from Residential Estate and Preservation with Water/Drainage Feature Overlay to Residential Suburban and Preservation with Water/Drainage Feature Overlay
a. Case CW 09-14 – City of Safety Harbor (Special Area Plan (SAP) Adoption 2009)
Generally an Area Included within and Encompassed by Scott Street, 3rd Street South, 9th Avenue South, 7th Street South, East of Landfield Avenue, 4th Street South, Lots Fronting 13th Avenue North and South and a Part of Main Street, 3rd Street North, 10th Avenue North, 4th Street North, then Eastward to 2nd Avenue North and, then Northward to 6th Street North, Church Street, Virginia Avenue, and Extending to Old Tampa Bay to Include the Safety Harbor Spa and City Marina Properties; Amendment from Residential Low, Residential Urban, Residential Urban/with Resort Facilities Overlay, Residential Medium, Residential/Office Limited, Industrial Limited, Institutional, Recreation/Open Space, and Central Business District to Community Redevelopment District
b. Case CW 09-16 – City of Madeira Beach (SAP Adoption 2009)
Generally an Area Included within and Encompassed by the Gulf of Mexico on the West, 154th Avenue on the North, Boca Ciega Bay on the North, East, and South, and Generally North of East Madeira Avenue, and South of 1st Street East; Amendment from Residential/Office/Retail, Resort Facilities Medium, Commercial General, Recreation/Open Space, Institutional, and Transportation/Utility to Planned Redevelopment - Mixed Use
B. CITIZENS TO BE HEARD
Todd Pressman, Palm Harbor, re digital billboards – 60 seconds to 6 seconds – prior Board order
Lenore Faulkner, Madeira Beach, re Pinellas County schools
Greg Pound, Largo, re Pinellas County family & children
C. CONSENT AGENDA
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT
5. Approval of Minutes of the Regular Meeting of June 2, 2009
a. Clearwater Cay Community Development District Proposed Fiscal Year (FY) 2010 Operations Budget
b. Pinellas County License Board for Children’s Centers and Family Day Care Homes Resolution No. 09-01, Effective May 14, 2009, Amending the Budget for FY Year 2008-2009
c. Dock Fee Report for the Month of May 2009
7. Vouchers and Bills Paid
8. Miscellaneous Items to be Received for Filing:
a. City of Safety Harbor Ordinance No. 2009-07 Adopted June 1, 2009, Annexing Certain Property
b. City of Seminole Notice of Public Hearings to be Held July 14, 2009, Regarding Ordinances Nos. 19-2009 and 20-2009, Voluntarily Annexing Certain Property
c. Notification from Hunter Douglas Fabrication Company Regarding the Closing of the Plant and the Permanent Lay Off of 191 Employees, Pursuant to the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) Act
d. Pinellas Park Water Management District Minutes of Regular Authority Meeting No. 7, Dated April 16, 2009
9. Approval of Change Order No. 3 Final and Acceptance of the Contract as Complete with Ajax Paving Industries, Inc. for 2007-2008 Countywide Pavement Preservation and Americans with Disabilities Act Ramps
10. Approval of the Ratification of a Grant Application with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration for Coastal and Marine Habitat Restoration Project Grants Under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act for Hydrological Recirculation Restoration and Ten Dune Walkovers at Fort DeSoto Park (Culture, Education & Leisure)
See Item No. 13 11. Approval of the Ranking of Firms and Authority for Staff to Negotiate
with the Number One Ranked Firm for Environmental Management Professional Engineering and Environmental Services for Cross Bayou Watershed Evaluation and Management Plan (Environmental Management)
12. Adoption of a Resolution Appropriating Earmarked Receipts for a Particular Purpose in the FY 2009: (Management and Budget)
a. General Fund Budget for the Culture, Education & Leisure Department
b. Fire Districts Fund for the Clearwater Fire District
D. REGULAR AGENDA
13. Items for Discussion from Consent Agenda (County Administrator and Clerk of Circuit Court)
Item No. 11 pulled from Consent Agenda for discussion and separate vote.
14. Approval of the Ranking of Agencies and Authority for Staff to Negotiate with the Number One Ranked Agency for Fire Protection Services in Tierra Verde (Public Safety Services)
7/21/09 15. Approval of Authority to Advertise a Proposed Ordinance Creating Section 2-166 of the Pinellas County Code Related to Purchasing
16. Other Administrative Matters
a. Adoption of a Resolution Authorizing Pinellas County to Join the Florida Suncoast Housing Partners Consortium for Submittal of a Grant Application to the Department of Housing and Urban Development for the Neighborhood Stabilization Program, Round II (Community Development)
7/21/09 17. Approval of Authority to Advertise a Public Hearing on a Proposed Ordinance Amending the Definition of Permitted Investments in Section
2-144(a), Pinellas County Code
18. Approval of a Recommendation of Settlement in Jerry Kolk v. Pinellas County Government – Worker’s Compensation Case
None 19. Miscellaneous
E. AUTHORITIES, BOARDS, AND ENTITIES
EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES AUTHORITY
20. Approval of an Agreement with the Board of Trustees of St. Petersburg College for Continuing Medical Education
21. Approval of Amendment No. 1 to the Medical Direction Service Agreement with Emergency Medical Services Group, Inc.
WATER & NAVIGATION
(Appeal Denied) 22. Consideration of an Appeal of Multi-Use Dock Permit M39293-
08/Revised Submitted by Chesapeake Point Co-Op., 800 Chesapeake
Point Drive, Tarpon Springs (Anclote River)
F. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR REPORTS
G. COUNTY COMMISSION
24. Approval of an Appointment to the East Lake Community Library Advisory Board
25. Approval of an Appointment to the WorkNet Pinellas Board of Directors
|a. Commissioner Latvala
||discussed Florida Association of Counties conference.
|b. Commissioner Seel
||discussed upcoming Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) meeting agenda; members unanimously supported questions that she will take to MPO re use of federal stimulus money, priority of projects, and funding for projects if economy continues to decline.
Discussed 46th Avenue/Lealman project; Mr. LaSala to provide information re cost of assessment of five-acre lot.
Discussed use of County facilities for non-profit organizations and need for cooperation of School Board re use of recreational property for Sheriff’s PAL program; members provided input.
|c. Commissioner Bostock
||discussed proposed changes to procedures for Citizens to be Heard portion of BCC meetings, citizens speaking on public hearing items, location of notifications re public hearing items on County website, and flyer re utility bill hearing.
|d. Chairman Harris
||provided a water conservation tip.
ADJOURNMENT – 12:19 P.M.