PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE to the Flag of the United States of America
PRESENTATIONS and AWARDS
A. CONSENT AGENDA
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT
1. Approval of Minutes of the Regular Meeting of April 21, 2009
a. Internal Audit Division, Clerk of the Circuit Court, Report No. 2009-08 Dated April 14, 2009 – Audit of Human Services Programs - Homeless Street Outreach
See Item No. 12 b. Internal Audit Division, Clerk of the Circuit Court, Report No. 2009 – 09 Dated April 28, 2009 – Audit of County Travel Expenditures, Finance Accounts Payable, together with The Audit Watch
c. Pinellas County Quarterly Donation Listing of $500 and Greater for the Period January 1 through March 31, 2009
d. St. Petersburg-Clearwater International Airport Enterprise Fund Financial Statements for the Years Ended September 30, 2008 and 2007, with Independent Auditor’s Report thereon
e. Pinellas County Sewer System Enterprise Fund Financial Statements for the Years Ended September 30, 2008 and 2007, with Independent Auditor’s Report thereon
f. Pinellas County Solid Waste System Enterprise Fund Financial Statements for the Years Ended September 30, 2008 and 2007, with Independent Auditor’s Report thereon
g. Pinellas County Water System Enterprise Fund Financial Statements for the Years Ended September 30, 2008 and 2007, with Independent Auditor’s Report thereon
h. City of Belleair Beach Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for Fiscal Year (FY) Ended September 30, 2008
i. City of Clearwater Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for FY Ended September 30, 2008
j. City of Seminole Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for FY Ended September 30, 2008
k. Juvenile Welfare Board Interim Financial Report (Unaudited) Dated March 31, 2009
3. Vouchers and Bills Paid
4. Miscellaneous Items to be Received for Filing:
a. City of Largo Notice of Public Hearing Regarding Ordinance No. 2009-22 to be Held May 19, 2009, Annexing Certain Property
b. City of Pinellas Park Notices of Public Hearing Regarding Ordinances Nos. 3679 through 3681 Held May 14, 2009, Voluntarily Annexing Certain Property
c. Town of Indian Shores Resolution No. 4-2009 Adopted April 14, 2009 Supporting an Amendment to the Florida Constitution Requiring the Florida Legislature to Operate Under the Florida Government in the Sunshine Laws
d. Lealman Special Fire Control District Resolution No. 09-01 Naming Chief Richard Graham as its Chief Executive Officer
e. Pinellas Park Water Management District Minutes of Regular Authority Meeting No. 6 Dated March 19, 2009
f. Pinellas Suncoast Fire & Rescue Resolution No. 2009-04 Adopted April 21, 2009, Superseding Resolution No. 2008-03 Establishing a Life Safety/Fire Inspection Fee, Effective May 1, 2009
5. Approval of an Award of Bid to Rowland, Inc. for Pump Station Rehabilitation/Improvements Annual Requirements for 2008/2009
6. Approval of the Ranking of Firms and Authorization for Staff to Negotiate with the Number One Ranked Firm for Software Replacement, Solid Waste Scale House
7. Approval of the Receipt and File Report of Non-Procurement Items Delegated to the County Administrator for Approval (County Administrator)
8. Approval of a Grant Contract with Florida Communities Trust for Wall Springs Coastal Addition IV (Culture, Education & Leisure)
9. Approval of FY 2010 Section 319 Grant Proposal Application with the Florida Department of Environmental Protection for Lake Seminole Regional Alum Project (Environmental Management)
10. Approval of the Ratification of a Grant Application with the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office and the United States Department of Justice for the Recovery Act: Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant Formula Program (Justice and Consumer Services)
11. Adoption of Three Resolutions Granting Ad Valorem Tax Exemptions for Three Historic Properties Located in the City of St. Petersburg (Planning)
B. REGULAR AGENDA
12. Items for Discussion from Consent Agenda (County Administrator and Clerk of Circuit Court)
Item No. 2b pulled from Consent Agenda for discussion and separate vote.
13. Approval of Amendment No. 2 to the Agreement for Design Professional Services with Post, Buckley, Schuh & Jernigan, Inc. for the Redevelopment of the Maintenance and Operations Site at Solid Waste Utilities
14. Approval of Deferred Utility Relocation Expense Agreement, Florida Department of Transportation Utility Work by Highway Contractor Agreement for:
a. State Road 55 (U.S. Highway 19) from North of Whitney Road to South of Seville Boulevard
b. State Road 55 (U.S. Highway 19) from South of Seville Boulevard to North of State Road 60
15. Approval of First Amendment to the Agreement with the Pinellas County Historical Society, Inc. (PCHS) for Elimination of a Gap Audit and Providing for a Compilation of PCHS Financials (Culture, Education, and Leisure)
16. Adoption of a Resolution Approving A9031245830 as a Qualified Applicant for the Qualified Target Industry Tax Refund Program (Economic Development)
17. Other Administrative Matters
County Administrator LaSala presented an overview of the Fiscal Year 2009 Mid-Year Budget Status Report.
18. Approval of Authority for the County Attorney to Defend the Case of Paul Grand v. New York Yankees Limited Partnership, a Foreign Limited Partnership, the Phillies Limited Partnership, a Foreign Limited Partnership, Phillies Florida, LLC, a Foreign Limited Liability Company, Pinellas County, and the City of Clearwater - Circuit Civil Case No. 09- 05171-CI-20 – Allegations of Personal Injuries as the Result of Negligence
19. Approval of Authority for the County Attorney to Initiate Housing Discrimination Litigation on Behalf of Santford L. Martin in the Claim of Santford L. Martin v. Crosswinds Mobile Home Park, Inc. – Housing and Urban Development Case No. 04-08-1191-8; Pinellas County No. 08-038
20. Approval of Authority to Advertise a Public Hearing on a Proposed Ordinance Amending Section 18-66(h) of the Pinellas County Code Relating to Establishment of Airport Fees by Resolution
None 21. Miscellaneous
C. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR REPORTS
22. 2009 Legislative Session Update
Intergovernmental Relations Manager Sally Everett presented the 2009 Legislative Update.
D. COUNTY COMMISSION
|a. Commissioner Brickfield
||noted the passing of Al Dettmer, former Mayor of Safety Harbor.
|b. Commissioner Morroni
||expressed appreciation to Housh Ghovaee and the Pinellas Park Gateway Chamber of Commerce.
|c. Commissioner Latvala
||provided a report on her attendance at Fire Ops 101 course.
|d. Chairman Harris
|| provided a water conservation tip.
6:31 P.M. – SCHEDULED PRESENTATIONS
F. SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS – BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
24. Petition to Vacate Submitted by Kenneth M. Bednarski, Trustee of the Stella Kleehammer Trust for a Portion of a Utility and Drainage Easement on Lot 5, Block 18, Tamarac by the Gulf Second Addition Subdivision (Quasi-Judicial Hearing)
25. Dredge and Fill Application DF1991-08 Submitted by the City of St. Petersburg, Channel “L”, Coffee Pot Bayou Exit Channel, Tampa Bay, St. Petersburg (Continued from March 3 and March 17 BCC Meetings)
26. Proposed Ordinance Amending Chapter 170 of the Pinellas County Land Development Code Regarding Flood Damage Prevention Provisions
2nd 6/16/09 27. Proposed Ordinance Amending Section 138 - 1286 of the Pinellas
County Code Regarding Dumpsters (First Public Hearing)
2nd 6/16/09 28. Proposed Ordinance Amending Article V, Division 10, Section 138 -974,
M-1, Light Manufacturing and Industry District as a Conditional Use (First Public Hearing)
29. Proposed Ordinances Amending the Pinellas County Land Development Code:
a. Chapter 138 Regarding Old Palm Harbor Downtown Zoning District
b. Chapter 146 Regarding Historic Preservation
F. CITIZENS TO BE HEARD
Susan Cuddon-Fletcher, Palm Harbor, re Brooker Creek budget.
Lenore Faulkner, Madeira Beach, re Pinellas Park Middle.
Rick Clowes, Tarpon Springs, re canal cleaning.
Mark P. Klutho, Largo, re stupidity and waste.
ADJOURNMENT – 7:33 P.M.