PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE to the Flag of the United States of America
PRESENTATIONS and AWARDS
A. CONSENT AGENDA
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT
1. Approval of Minutes of the Regular Meeting of February 17, 2009
2. Report - Pinellas County Quarterly Donation Listing of $500 and Greater for the Period October 1 through December 31, 2008
3. Vouchers and Bills Paid
4. Miscellaneous Items to be Received for Filing:
a. City of Clearwater Public Hearing Notice of Annexation, Land Use Plan and Zoning Atlas Amendments Regarding Ordinances Nos. 7937-08 through 7939-08 Held March 5, 2009
b. City of Largo Amended Notice of Public Hearing for Ordinances Nos. 2009-12 and 2009-13 Held March 3, 2009, Annexing Certain Property
c. City of Pinellas Park Notices of Public Hearing Regarding Ordinances Nos. 3674 and 3676 Held March 12, 2009, Voluntarily Annexing Certain Property
d. City of South Pasadena Resolution No. 2009-03 Adopted February 10, 2009, Supporting an Amendment to the Florida Constitution Requiring the Florida Legislature to Operate Under the Florida Government in the Sunshine Law
5. Approval of an Award of Bid for Asphalt – SI and SIII, Pick-Up Only (Co-Op) with Suncoast Paving, Inc. for North County Requirements and R.E. Purcell Construction Co., Inc. for Mid and South County Requirements
6. Approval of an Award of Bid to Various Vendors for Backflow Prevention Devices and Assemblies
7. Approval of the Receipt and File Report of Non-Procurement Items Delegated to the County Administrator for Approval (County Administrator)
8. Approval of Fiscal Year (FY) 2009 Budget Amendment No. 5 (Management and Budget)
9. Approval of an Award of Bid to Air Mechanical & Service Corp. for South County Service Center Re-Roof and Replace Roof Top Units 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and Chiller (Real Estate Management)
10. Approval to Accept a Warranty Deed and Adoption of a Resolution Dedicating County-Owned Property as Public Right-of-Way (Real Estate Management/Building Development Review Services)
11. Approval to Declare Surplus and Authorize the Sale of Miscellaneous County-Owned Equipment (Real Estate Management/Fleet Management)
12. Approval of the Second Amendment to Lease Agreement with Zambito Enterprises, Inc. for Release of County Leasehold Property at the Starkey Lakes Mid-County Tax Collector’s Office (Real Estate Management/Tax Collector)
AUTHORITIES, BOARDS, AND COUNCILS
COUNTYWIDE PLANNING AUTHORITY
13. Approval of the Pinellas County Composite Annexation Report for FYs 2000/01 through 2007/08
14. Approval of a Minor Plan Change to the Clearwater Downtown Redevelopment Plan
B. REGULAR AGENDA
None 15. Items for Discussion from Consent Agenda (County Administrator and Clerk of Circuit Court)
16. Approval of Change Order No. 2 with Ajax Building Corporation for Terminal Improvement Project, Phase 1
17. Approval of a Modification to the Convention and Visitors Bureau Marketing and Advertising Plan and Approval of the First Amendment to Contract with Birdsall, Voss & Associates, Inc. for Advertising and Promotional Services (Convention & Visitors Bureau)
18. Approval of Amendment No. 1 to the Pinellas County Health Care Services Plan Interlocal Agreement with the State of Florida, Department of Health for Health Care Services, Retroactive to October 1, 2008 (Health and Human Services)
19. Approval of an Interlocal Agreement with the Pinellas County Health Department for Relocation Property (Health and Human Services)
20. Approval of Amendment No. 1 to the Contract for Medical Examiner Services with Jon R. Thogmartin, M.D., P.A. for Janitorial Services at the Forensic Laboratory (Justice and Consumer Services)
21. Adoption of a Resolution Authorizing an Exchange Agreement and County Deed with Stanley W. Cole, Jr. and Ellen Jean Cole for the Keystone Road Project from U.S. 19 to East Lake Road (Real Estate Management/Public Works)
22. Other Administrative Matters
Director of Public Works and Transportation Peter J. Yauch discussed a recent incident that occurred at the new Belleair Causeway Bridge.
23. Approval of Authority for the County Attorney to Defend the Cases of:
a. Central Mortgage Company v. Gina M. Cappola, et al - Circuit Civil Case No. 09-002637-CI-13 - Mortgage Foreclosure Involving Code Enforcement Liens
b. Deutsche Bank Trust Company Americas as Trustee for Rali 2007QS3 v. Tinna Losch, et al - Circuit Civil Case No. 09-003037-CI-11 - Mortgage Foreclosure Involving a Tax Lien
c. Taylor, Bean & Whitaker Mortgage Corp. v. Dollie V. Wilkins, et al - Circuit Civil Case No. 09-2492-CI-19 - Mortgage Foreclosure Involving a Community Development Mortgage
d. Taylor, Bean & Whitaker Mortgage Corp., v. Robins Woods, et al - Circuit Civil Case No. 09-0033431-CI-15 - Mortgage Foreclosure Involving a Judgment Lien
e. The Bank of New York Mellon Trust Company v. Khamkeung Vongsyprasom - Circuit Civil Case No. 09-002456-CI-19 - Mortgage Foreclosure Involving a Tax Lien
f. William Walkup v. Pinellas County BCC - Circuit Civil Case No. 08-8088-CI-021 Allegations of Breach to Short Term Disability Plan
24. Approval of a Contract for Legal Services with Miller & Van Eaton, P.L.L.C.
25. Approval of a Recommended Settlement in Fernando Delaespriella v. Pinellas County Government – Workers’ Compensation
None 26. Miscellaneous
C. AUTHORITIES, BOARDS, AND COUNCILS
EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES (EMS) AUTHORITY
27. Approval of an Appointment to the EMS Medical Control Board
D. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR REPORTS
E. COUNTY COMMISSION
4-7-09 29. Approval of Appointments to the Suncoast Health Council
|a. Commissioner Brickfield
||discussed bridge replacements; Mr. Yauch provided input and agreed to provide the members with a bridge inventory, including the expected useful life for each bridge.
|b. Commissioner Latvala
discussed the severe drought conditions, noted that PCC-TV continues to run public service announcements re water restrictions, and inquired about water restriction enforcement; Utilities Director Tom Crandall provided input.
requested that shovel-ready, funded projects be put out to bid quickly; and suggested that priority be given to Pinellas County businesses; and that projects be parceled out to spread work throughout the community; Mr. LaSala provided input.
|c. Chairman Harris
||provided a water conservation tip and commended Commissioner Latvala for her work with the Canvassing Board on election night.
F. SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS
COUNTYWIDE PLANNING AUTHORITY (CPA) PUBLIC HEARINGS
31. SUBTHRESHOLD AMENDMENT – Case CW 09-03 – City of Tarpon Springs 332
Anclote Road; Amendment from Industrial Limited and Commercial Neighborhood to Industrial General
32. REGULAR AMENDMENT – Case CW 09-02 – Pinellas County
2625 County Road 95; Amendment from Residential Low to Residential Urban
SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS – BCC
33. Petition to Vacate Submitted by James P. Richards, Jr. and Patrick G. Bradley for a Portion of a Utility Easement Located on Lot 12, Block G, in the Brooklawn Subdivision (Quasi-Judicial Hearing) (Continued from the March 3, 2009, BCC Meeting)
5/19/09 34. Water and Navigation Dredge and Fill Application DF1991-08 Submitted by the City of St. Petersburg, Channel “L”, Coffee Pot Bayou Exit Channel, Tampa Bay, St. Petersburg (Continued from the March 3, 2009, BCC Meeting; Staff Recommending Item be Continued to the May 19, 2009, BCC Meeting)
35. Proposed Resolution Approving the Updated Safety Harbor Downtown Redevelopment Plan
36. Proposed Ordinance Amending Chapter 82 of the Pinellas County Code Relating to Reclaimed Water
37. Proposed Ordinance Amending the Housing Element; the Natural Resource Conservation and Management Element; the Potable Water Supply, Wastewater and Reuse Element; and the Public School Facilities Element of the Pinellas County Comprehensive Plan (Comp Plan) (Final Hearing)
38. Proposed Ordinance Adopting the Goals, Objectives and Policies of the Economic Element of the Comp Plan (Final Hearing)
39. Proposed Ordinance Amending the Transportation Element and Concurrency Management System Section of the Pinellas County Comp Plan (Final Hearing)
40. Proposed Ordinance Amending the Preservation Resource Management and Preservation Categories, and Providing for the Creation of Two Resource Management Overlay Categories, in the Future Land Use Map Category Descriptions and Rules of the Future Land Use and Quality Communities Element of the Comp Plan (Final Hearing)
41. Proposed Ordinance Amending Chapter 138, the Zoning Provisions of the Pinellas County Land Development Code Relating to the PC, Preservation/Conservation District, and the P-RM, Preservation-Resource Management District (Final Hearing)
42. Proposed Ordinance Amending Chapter 170 of the Pinellas County Land Development Code (Final Hearing)
Proposed Ordinance Amending the Future Land Use Map of Pinellas County, Florida by Changing the Land Use Designation of Several Parcels of Land Totaling Approximately 16.4 Acres Located within the Brooker Creek Preserve, from Residential Rural, Residential Low, No Designation, and Recreation/Open Space to Preservation and Preservation-Resource Management (Final Hearing)
Proposed Ordinance Amending the Future Land Use Map by Application of the Resource Management Overlay 1 (RMO-1) to Approximately 1722 Acres of Land within the Brooker Creek Preserve; and Application of the Resource Management Overlay 2 (RMO-2) to Approximately 894 Acres of Land within the Brooker Creek Preserve (Final Hearing)
45. Q Z/LU-8-09-08
Proposed Resolution Changing the Zoning Classification of Approximately 784 Acres Generally Described as Having the Pasco County Line to the North, the Hillsborough County Line to the East, and Approximately 2600 Feet North of the Intersection of Old Keystone Road and Keystone Road; from A-E(W), Agricultural Estate with the Wellhead Protection Overlay; to P-RM(W), Preservation Resource–Management with the Wellhead Protection Overlay; upon Application of the Pinellas County Planning Director; and an Ordinance Amending the Future Land Use Map by Changing the Land Use Designation of Several Parcels of Land Totaling Approximately 878 Acres Located within and Adjacent to the Brooker Creek Preserve; Generally South of the Pasco County Line, West of the Hillsborough County Line, and Generally North of Old Keystone Road and Keystone Road, from Residential Rural and Transportation/Utility to Preservation Resource Management with the Resource Management Overlay 1 (RMO-1), Preservation Resource Management with the Transportation Utility Overlay, and Recreation/Open Space (Final Hearing)
G. CITIZENS TO BE HEARD
Lenore Faulkner, Madeira Beach, re Pinellas County school’s dropout problem.
Jeanne Akopvoa, St. Petersburg, re about Code Enforcement (submitted written complaint).
Mark P. Klutho, Largo, re stupidity, waste.
ADJOURNMENT – 8:52 P.M.