PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE to the Flag of the United States of America
PRESENTATIONS and AWARDS
A. SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS
SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS – BCC
3/17/09 1. Petition to Vacate Submitted by James P. Richards, Jr. and Patrick G. Bradley for a Portion of a Utility Easement Located on Lot 12, Block G, in the Brooklawn Subdivision (Quasi-Judicial Hearing)
4/21/09 2. Proposed Ordinance Amending Section 150 of the Pinellas County Land Development Code Regarding Impact Fees (Continued to the April 21, 2009, BCC Meeting)
3. Water and Navigation Applications:
a. Commercial Dock Application CD39568-08 Submitted by Harborage Marina LLC, Gilbert Welch, 1110 3rd Street South, Bayboro Harbor, St. Petersburg
3/17/09 b. Dredge and Fill Application DF1991-08 Submitted by the City of St. Petersburg, Channel “L”, Coffee Pot Bayou Exit Channel, Tampa Bay, St. Petersburg
B. CITIZENS TO BE HEARD
Don Cocker, Seminole, re water sewer department policy.
Lenore Faulkner, Madeira Beach, re Pinellas County schools.
Hamilton Hanson, St. Petersburg, re government excess.
Randy Heine, Pinellas Park, re sign ordinance.
Mark P. Klutho, Largo, re stupidity, waste.
C. CONSENT AGENDA
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT
4. Approval of Minutes of the Regular Meeting of February 3, 2009
5. Dock Fee Report for the Month of January 2009
6. Vouchers and Bills Paid
7. Miscellaneous Items to be Received for Filing:
a. City of Clearwater Public Hearing Notices of Annexation, Land Use Plan and Zoning Atlas Amendments Regarding Ordinances Nos. 8029-09 through 8037-09 to be Held March 5, 2009
b. Correspondence from the City of Pinellas Park Regarding Two Ordinances Annexing Certain Property; Public Hearing Held January 26, 2009
c. City of Pinellas Park Notice of Public Hearing Regarding Ordinance No. 3669 Held January 26, 2009, Voluntarily Annexing Certain Property
d. Correspondence from CVS Caremark Regarding the Closing of the Facility at 8275 Bryan Dairy Road, Largo, Pursuant to the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) Act
e. Eastlake Oaks Community Development District Minutes of the Meeting Held October 9, 2008
8. Approval to Accept and Record a Plat
9. Approval of the Installation of One Multi-Way Stop Condition and Seven Speed Humps within the Virginia Grove Terrace Subdivision
10. Approval of an Award of Bid to Highway Safety Devices, Inc. for Dynamic Message Sign Installation
11. Approval of Local Agency Program Agreements with the Florida Department of Transportation for:
a. Lealman Elementary School
b. Blanton Elementary School
See Item No. 14 12. Approval of an Award of Bid to All American Concrete, Inc. for Slurry Wall Relocation – Bridgeway Acres Landfill Rebid
13. Adoption of a Resolution Authorizing a Budget Transfer to Properly Account for Increased Receipts and Expenditures in the Fiscal Year 2008 General Fund Budget (Management and Budget)
D. REGULAR AGENDA
14. Items for Discussion from Consent Agenda (County Administrator and Clerk of Circuit Court)
Item No. 12 pulled from Consent Agenda for discussion and separate vote.
15. Approval of Amendment No. 4 to the Agreement for Consultant Services with the LPA Group Incorporated for Terminal Building Schematic Design Phase
16. Approval of an Interlocal Agreement with the City of St. Pete Beach for Advanced Traffic Management System/Intelligent Transportation Systems and Roadway Transfer Agreement to Transfer Traffic Control Authority
17. Approval of Amendment No. 1 to the Agreement for Consulting Services with TBE Group, Inc. for Starkey Road from Ulmerton Road to East Bay Drive
18. Approval of an Award of Bid to Various Vendors for Herbicides, Insecticides, and Other Chemical Products (Co-Op)
and 19. Approval of Amendment No. 1 to the Agreement with Post, Buckley, Schuh & Jernigan, Inc. for Design Professional Services Redevelopment of the Maintenance and Operations Site at Solid Waste Pinellas County Utilities
Item 1 (Phase 4) as described in board memorandum approved; remainder of request temporarily deferred.
3/17/09 20. Approval of Authority to Advertise a Public Hearing on a Proposed Ordinance Amending Chapter 82 of the Pinellas County Code Relating to Reclaimed Water
21. Approval of an Appointment to the Pinellas Planning Council for Group A Municipalities (Planning Department)
22. Other Administrative Matters
Resolution for the purpose of transferring the responsibility of Emergency Medical Dispatch from the County’s ambulance contractor to the County’s 911 Center.
23. Approval of Authority for the County Attorney to Defend the Cases of:
a. Regions Bank, Successor by Merger to AmSouth Bank v. Deborah Brock, et al - Circuit Civil Case No. 09-001701-CI-019 - Mortgage Foreclosure Involving a Tax Lien
b. Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. v. Kathy A. Lindsey, et al - Circuit Civil Case No. 09 - 1327- CI- 8 - Mortgage Foreclosure Involving a Community Development Mortgage
c. Whitney National Bank v. Gulf Beach Partners, LLC., et al - Circuit Civil Case No. 08-017852-CI-13 – Mortgage Foreclosure Involving a Pinellas County Utilities Lien
24. Approval of a Recommendation of Settlement of Outstanding Claims for Payment of Ambulance Transport Charges Against the Aetna Insurance Companies
None 25. Miscellaneous
E. AUTHORITIES, BOARDS, AND COUNCILS
EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES (EMS) AUTHORITY
26. Approval of Reappointments to the Pinellas County EMS Advisory Council
3/20/09 27. Adoption of a Resolution Revising EMS Standards Pertaining to Priority Dispatch, Response Time Standards, Advanced Life Support (ALS) First Responder Authorization Criteria, and Reasonable and Customary Cost Standards for ALS First Responder Services
28. Approval of a Financial Renewal and Terms Amendment with United HealthCare Insurance Company for Health Care Administrative Services, Retroactive to January 1, 2009
F. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR REPORTS
29. Director of Utilities Tom Crandall provided report on South Florida Water Management District meeting re phase four water shortage issues.
Mr. LaSala provided information re public budget meeting scheduled for this evening.
G. COUNTY COMMISSION
|a. Commissioner Latvala
||encouraged members to contact South Florida Water Management District board members re additional water restrictions.
|b. Commissioner Seel
|| provided report on Tampa Bay Area Regional Transportation Authority meeting.
|c. Commissioner Bostock
||requested information on County policies; Mr. LaSala will provide.
|d. Commissioner Brickfield
||commented on code enforcement; Messrs. Bennett and Davis provided additional information.
|g. Chairman Harris
||appointment of Keith Zayac, Darden Rice, and David W. Dunbar (alternate) to Local Planning Agency board; ratification of all appointments to that board; related that Commissioner Latvala will serve on the Canvassing Board if both he and Commissioner Seel are unavailable.
ADJOURNMENT – 12:55 P.M.
* * * *