PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE to the Flag of the United States of America
PRESENTATIONS and AWARDS
A. CONSENT AGENDA
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT
1. Approval of Minutes of the Regular Meeting of January 20, 2009
See Item No. 12 a. Internal Audit Division, Clerk of the Circuit Court, Hotline Investigative Study of Overtime Payments Dated January 27,
b. Pinellas Planning Council Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for Year Ended September 30, 2008
c. Southwest Florida Water Management District Fiscal Year (FY) 2009 Budget in Brief
d. Pinellas County License Board for Children’s Centers and Family Day Care Homes Resolution No. 08-04, Effective November 5, 2008, Amending the Budget for FY 2008-2009
e. Foreign Trade Zone 193 Annual Report for the Period October 1, 2007 – September 30, 2008
3. Vouchers and Bills Paid – None
4. Miscellaneous Items to be Received for Filing:
a. City of Clearwater Ordinance No. 8014-09 Adopted January 15, 2009, Amending the Clearwater Downtown Redevelopment Plan
See Item No. 12 b. City of Largo Notice of Public Hearings Regarding Ordinance
Nos. 2009-12 and 2009-13 Held February 3, 2009, Annexing Certain Property
c. St. Petersburg Notice of Final Public Hearing Held on December 18, 2008, Regarding Westminster Heights Neighborhood Plan
d. Pinellas Park Water Management District Minutes of Regular Authority Meeting No. 3 Dated December 18, 2008, and Financial Statement for the Month of December 2008
See Item No. 12 5. Approval of an Award of Bid to Pepper Contracting Services, Inc. for
2009-2010 Countywide Americans with Disabilities Act Sidewalk, Drainage and Roadway Improvements
6. Approval of Local Agency Program Supplemental Agreement No. 2 with the Florida Department of Transportation for the Belcher Road Advanced Traffic Management System/Intelligent Transportation System Project
7. Approval of the Receipt and File Report of Non-Procurement Items Delegated to the County Administrator (County Administrator)
See Item No. 12 8. Approval of an Award of Bid to Wharton-Smith, Inc. for Lake Tarpon
Alum Injection (Environmental Management)
9. Approval of FY 2009 Budget Amendment No. 4 (Management and Budget) (Companion Item Nos. 10a and 10b)
10. Adoption of a Resolution Appropriating Earmarked Receipts for a Particular Purpose in the FY 2009: (Management and Budget)
a. General Fund Budget for General Government (Companion Item Nos. 9 and 10b)
b. Business Technology Services Fund for BCC Technology Projects (Companion Item Nos. 9 and 10a)
c. Palm Harbor Recreation and Library Fund Budget for Various Grants to the Palm Harbor Library
d. General Fund Budget for the Human Resources Department for Unanticipated Grants, Donations, and Sponsorship Funding
for the Colors of Pinellas Employee Art Show
e. General Fund Budget for Indigent Health Care Program
f. Capital Projects Fund Budget for State of Florida Funding of Honeymoon Island Beach Restoration Project
AUTHORITIES, BOARDS, COUNCILS
HOUSING FINANCE AUTHORITY
See Item No. 12 11. Approval of FY 2007-2008 Annual Report Regarding the Pinellas Community Housing Trust Fund
B. REGULAR AGENDA
12. Items for Discussion from Consent Agenda (County Administrator and Clerk of Circuit Court)
Items Nos. 2a, 4b, 5, 8, and 11 pulled from Consent Agenda for discussion and separate vote.
13. Approval of Authority for the County Administrator, or His/Her Designee, to Approve and Execute Partial Releases of Mortgage Liens for Affordable Housing Development Programs (Community Development)
14. Approval of an Amendment to the Economic Development Grant Funding Agreement with Jabil Circuit, Inc. (Economic Development)
15. Approval of a Community Home Care Medical Services Agreement with BayCare Home Care, Inc. for Health Care Services (Health and Human Services)
16. Adoption of a Resolution Amending the Downtown Clearwater Redevelopment Plan (Planning)
3/17/09 17. Approval of Authority to Advertise a Public Hearing on the Proposed Updated Safety Harbor Downtown Master Plan (Planning)
None 18. Other Administrative Matters
19. Approval of Authority for the County Attorney to Defend the Cases of:
a. Florida Bank, f/k/a Bank of St. Petersburg, v. Powell Home Solutions, Inc., et al - Circuit Civil Case No. 09-000640-CI-195 - Mortgage Foreclosure Involving a Notice of Lien for Delinquent Utilities
b. U.S. Bank, N.A. v. Noel J. Braithwaite, et al - Circuit Civil Case No. 09-001085-CI-07 - Mortgage Foreclosure Involving a Making Pinellas Home Mortgage
c. Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., as Trustee for Option One Mortgage Loan Trust 2007-1 Asset-Backed Certificates, Series 2007-1 v. Victor Anglero, Jr., et al - Circuit Civil Case No. 09-521-CI-15 - Mortgage Foreclosure Involving a Home Investments Partnership Program Mortgage
20. Approval of a Revised Exhibit “A” to Special Counsel Contract with de la Parte & Gilbert
None 21. Miscellaneous
C. AUTHORITIES, BOARDS, AND COUNCILS
22. Approval of the Termination of the 2007 Advanced Life Support First Responder Agreements with Nineteen Contractors
D. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR REPORTS
E. COUNTY COMMISSION
24. Approval of Appointments to the Local Planning Agency Board
|a. Commissioner Latvala
||provided input regarding meeting with East Lake Woodlands residents; discussed recent Tampa Bay Water meeting, requested a report re what the County TV station is airing regarding the drought and water restrictions.
|b. Commissioner Seel
||discussed emergency Metropolitan Planning Organization meeting and transportation portion of stimulus package.
|c. Commissioner Bostock
||provided input regarding meeting held with East Lake Woodlands residents and the upcoming election, and Planning Director Brian K. Smith confirmed meeting notices were sent to all registered voters in the area.
|d. Commissioner Brickfield
appointment of Justin R. Zinzow to the Building Board/Examining/Adjustments/Appeals.
|e. Chairman Harris
commended staff for their organization and participation in meeting held with Eastlake Woodlands residents and suggested the documents be compiled for future meetings.
discussed Commissioners rotating attendance at Chamber meetings and Commissioner Seel agreed to contact the Chairman of the Chamber to discuss alternatives for attendance.
provided a water conservation tip.
F. SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS
SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS – BCC
26. Petition to Vacate Submitted by Tommy Nikolaidis for a Portion of a Drainage Easement on Lot 67, Franklin Square East Subdivision (Quasi-Judicial Hearing)
27. Proposed Ordinance Amending Chapter 134 of the Pinellas County Code Related to General and Administrative Provisions
28. Proposed Ordinance Amending Chapter 138 of the Pinellas County Code Related to Zoning Provisions
COUNTYWIDE PLANNING AUTHORITY (CPA) PUBLIC HEARINGS
29. Proposed Ordinance Amending the Countywide Rule Regarding Consistency (Second Public Hearing)
Consideration of the Following Proposal to Amend the Adopted Countywide Future Land Use Plan:
30. SUBTHRESHOLD AMENDMENT – Case CW 09-01 – City of St. Pete Beach
1301 and 1307 Gulf Way; Amendment from Residential Low Medium to Residential High with Resort Facilities Overlay
G. CITIZENS TO BE HEARD
Lenore Faulkner, Madeira Beach, re Pinellas County schools dropout.
Stuart Harris, Clearwater, re Pinellas Circle of Change.
Hamilton Hanson, St. Petersburg, re budget/stadium.
Mark P. Klutho, Largo, re stupidity, waste.
Reverend Floyd Irwin, New Port Richey, re religious off agenda.
ADJOURNMENT – 6:58 P.M.