PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE to the Flag of the United States of America
PRESENTATIONS and AWARDS
A. SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS
SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS – BCC
1. Petition to Vacate Submitted by Pinellas County for a Fifty Foot Strip of Georgia Avenue Right-Of-Way Lying South of the Westerly Prolongation of the North Line of Lot 16, Block G, Dixie Park Unit 1, Tarpon Springs (Legislative Hearing)
2. Petition to Vacate Submitted by Gerald Martin Sebastian for a Portion of a Six Foot Easement in Lots 18 and 19, Curlew Groves Unit One Subdivision (Quasi-Judicial Hearing)
3. Proposed Change to Make Henry Lane a One Way Roadway from North Bound Crystal Beach Avenue to Ohio Avenue
4. Proposed Ordinance Amending Section 54-1 of the Pinellas County Code and Creating Section 54-2 Regarding False Alarms
COUNTYWIDE PLANNING AUTHORITY (CPA) PUBLIC HEARING
2nd 2/17/09 5. Proposed Ordinance Amending the Countywide Rule Regarding Consistency (First Public Hearing)
B. CITIZENS TO BE HEARD
Lenore Faulkner, Madeira Beach, re Pinellas County Schools Education Cancer.
Mark Klutho, Largo, re Stupidity, Waste.
C. CONSENT AGENDA
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT
6. Approval of Minutes of the Regular Meeting of January 6, 2009
a. Clerk of the Circuit Court Special – Purpose Financial Statements, Required Supplementary Information, Other Financial Information and Other Reports for the Year Ended September 30, 2008, with Summarized Financial Information for the Year Ended September 30, 2007
b. Internal Audit Division, Clerk of the Circuit Court, Report No. 2008-17 Dated December 30, 2008 – Audit of Facility Management and Fleet Management Property Disposition Function
c. Internal Audit Division, Clerk of the Circuit Court, Report No. 2008-18 Dated December 30, 2008 – Follow-Up Audit of Pinellas County Take-Home Vehicles and Internal Controls Over Fuel Distribution System
d. Dock Fee Report for the Month of December 2008
e. Quarterly Report of Routine Dock Permits Issued from October 1, 2008 through December 31, 2008
8. Vouchers and Bills Paid
9. Miscellaneous Items to be Received for Filing:
a. Pinellas Suncoast Fire & Rescue Resolution No. 2008-10 Adopted December 16, 2008, Rescinding Resolution No. 2008-01 Ab Initio for the Purpose of Rescinding the Inclusion of Certain Previously Tax Exempt Properties on the Non-Ad Valorem Assessment Roll of the Fire District
b. City of Indian Rocks Beach Resolution No. 2008-91 Adopted December 9, 2008, Supporting an Amendment to the Florida Constitution Requiring the Florida Legislature to Operate Under the Florida Government in the Sunshine Laws
c. City of Oldsmar Notice of Public Hearings Regarding Ordinance No. 2009-01 Annexing Certain Property; Public Hearing Held January 20, 2009
d. Pinellas Park Water Management District Minutes of Regular Authority Meeting No. 2 Dated November 20, 2008, and Financial Statement for the Month of November 2008
See Item No. 17 10. Approval of an Award of Bid to Design Build Engineers & Contractors,
Corp. for Fiscal Year (FY) 2009 Sidewalk Repair and Replacement
11. Approval of Awards of Bid to:
a. Kimmins Contracting Corp for Pump Station Replacements, Group 1 – Pump Station Nos. 116, 119, and 161
b. T.L.C. Diversified, Inc. for Pump Station Rehabilitations, Group 1 – Pump Station Nos. 021, 051, and 157
c. Key Chemical, Inc. for 25% Sodium Hydroxide (NaOH) Solution
See Item No 17 12. Approval of the Ranking of Firms and Authorization for Staff to
Negotiate with the Number One Ranked Firm for Software
Implementation, Rebid (Health and Human Services)
13. Approval of the Receipt and File Report of Write-Offs for Accounting Purposes of Items Delegated to the County Administrator for Approval from April 1, 2008, through September 30, 2008 (Management and Budget)
14. Adoption of a Resolution Appropriating Earmarked Receipts for a Particular Purpose in the FY 2009 General Fund Budget for the 2008 Paul Coverdell Forensic Sciences Improvement Grant to the Medical Examiner (Management and Budget)
15. Adoption of a Resolution Appropriating Unanticipated Fund Balance in the FY 2009 General Fund Budget for the Medical Examiner (Management and Budget)
16. Approval of the Quarterly Receipt and File Report of Claim Settlements from October through December 2008 (Risk Management/County Attorney)
D. REGULAR AGENDA
17. Items for Discussion from Consent Agenda (County Administrator and Clerk of Circuit Court)
Items Nos. 10 and 12 pulled from Consent Agenda for discussion and separate vote.
18. Approval of an Interlocal Agreement with the City of Seminole for Advanced Traffic Management System/Intelligent Transportation Systems and Roadway Transfer Agreement to Transfer Traffic Control Authority
19. Adoption of the 2009-2010 Federal Legislative Program (County Administration)
20. Approval of a Grant Agreement with the Florida Department of Environmental Protection (FDEP), Bureau of Beaches and Coastal Systems, Beach Management Funding Assistance Program for Upham Beach Nourishment (Environmental Management) (Companion Item No. 21)
21. Approval of Amendment No. 5 to Agreement for Consultant Services with Coastal Planning & Engineering, Inc. for Treasure Island, North Segment and Long Key, North Segment Beach Nourishment Projects (Environmental Management) (Companion Item No. 20)
22. Approval of a Memorandum of Agreement with FDEP, Division of Recreation and Parks for Honeymoon Island Beach Restoration Project (Environmental Management) (Companion Item Nos. 23 and 24)
23. Approval of Amendment No. 1 to the FDEP Agreement with Humiston & Moore Engineers, P.A. for Honeymoon Beach Restoration (Environmental Management) (Companion Item Nos. 22 and 24)
24. Approval of Amendment No. 5 to the Grant Agreement with FDEP for Honeymoon Island Beach Restoration Project (Environmental Management) (Companion Item Nos. 22 and 23)
None 25. Other Administrative Matters
26. Approval of Authority for the County Attorney to Defend the Cases of:
a. Hudo Lending, LLC, a Florida Limited Liability Company v. Key Largo Communities Corp., et al – Circuit Civil Case No. 08-012380-CI-15 – Mortgage Foreclosure Involving a Utilities Lien Notice
b. JP Morgan Chase Bank National Association v. Mary E. Tussing, et al – Circuit Civil Case No. 08-18223-CI-19 – Mortgage Foreclosure Involving a Street Paving Assessment Resolution
27. Approval of a Recommendation of Settlement in an Environmental Enforcement Case and Approval of Authority to Intervene as a Party
28. Approval of a Recommendation of Settlement in Beaver Keith Gamble v. Pinellas County Government – Workers’ Compensation Date of Accident(s): March 11, 2006, May 11, 2007, and June 27, 2007
Attorney Bennett advised that Pinellas County and the City of St. Petersburg will work together and attempt to avoid litigation regarding the issue of EMS First Responder Funding.
E. AUTHORITIES, BOARDS, AND COUNCILS
BUSINESS TECHNOLOGY SERVICES
30. Approval of the State and Local Government Master Lease Purchase Agreement and Pinellas County Standard Agreement with Hewlett-Packard Financial Services Company for Purchase or Lease of Computer Equipment
F. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR REPORTS
31. Proposed Study Parameters – Legislative Fire and Rescue Study
G. COUNTY COMMISSION
a. Commissioner Brickfield
| requested an update re development at the Toytown Site and Bear Creek; requested information re the Commission’s neutrality on local bills.
appointment of Michael C. Arnold to the Swimming Pool Board for Examining, Adjustments, and Appeals.
|b. Commissioner Morroni
||requested that Administrator LaSala contact the Feather Sound Alliance re Neighborly Senior Services.
|c. Commissioner Seel
||congratulated Airport Director Noah Lagos and thanked United Parcel Service for their efforts regarding implementation of the new Airport approach.
|d. Chairman Harris
||provided information regarding the Tourist Development Council and its efforts relating to the Super Bowl; provided a water conservation tip.
ADJOURNMENT – 11:39 A.M.