PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE to the Flag of the United States of America
PRESENTATIONS and AWARDS
Update re Tampa Bay Area Regional Transportation Authority (TBARTA)
A. CONSENT AGENDA
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT
1. Approval of Minutes of the Regular Meeting of December 2 and 16, 2008
2. Report of the Internal Audit Division, Clerk of the Circuit Court, Report No. 2008-16 Dated December 17, 2008 – Follow-Up Audit of Culture, Education and Leisure Department Service and Maintenance Contracts
3. Vouchers and Bills Paid
4. Miscellaneous Items to be Received for Filing:
a. Florida Public Service Commission Notice of Prehearing and Hearing Regarding Petition by Florida Power & Light, Wheelabrator Technologies, Inc., for Approval of Renewable Energy Tariff and Standard Offer Contract Held January 8 and to be Held January 22, 2009, Respectively, in Tallahassee (Docket No. 080193-EQ); and Order No. PSC-08-0786-TRF-EI Approving Revised Underground Distribution Tariffs Issued December 2, 2008 (Docket No. 080186-EI)
b. City of Pinellas Park Notices of Public Hearings Regarding Ordinances Nos. 3663 though 3665 to be Held January 22, 2009, Annexing Certain Property
See Item No. 16 5. Approval of an Award of Bid to Thyssenkrupp Airport Systems, Inc. the Airport Terminal Improvement Project – Phase 1, Passenger Boarding Bridges at Gates 4 and 5
See Item No. 16 6. Adoption of a Resolution Approving an Application for Federal Assistance with the Federal Aviation Administration for Terminal Renovation and Other Projects
See Item No. 16 7. Adoption of a Resolution Approving a Public Transportation Joint Participation Agreement (JPA) with the State of Florida Department of
Transportation (FDOT) for Runway 4/22 Rehabilitation
8. Adoption of a Resolution Approving FDOT Public Transportation Supplemental JPA:
a. No. 1 for Security Enhancements
b. No. 8 for Terminal Enhancements
9. Approval of Amendment No. 2 to the Local Agency Program Supplemental Agreement with FDOT for the 49th Street North Sidewalk Project from 38th Avenue North to Lake Boulevard
See Item No. 16 10. Approval of an Award of Bid to E. L. Trevena, Incorporated for Reclaimed Water Interrupt Services (Rebid)
11. Approval of the County Administrator Receipt and File Reports of: (County Administrator)
See Item No. 16 a. Delegated Items
b. Procurement Items for the Quarter Ending December 31, 2008
12. Approval of Acceptance of a Grant Award with the United States Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration for the Mobile Medical Unit (Health and Human Services)
13. Approval of Receipt and File Reports from October 1, 2008, through December 31, 2008 for: (Management and Budget)
a. Administrative Budget Amendments
b. Law Enforcement Trust Fund
See Item No. 16 14. Adoption of a Resolution Appropriating Earmarked Receipts for a Particular Purpose in the FY 2009 Capital Projects Fund Budget for Unanticipated Beginning Fund Balance (Management and Budget)
15. Approval of Fiscal Year (FY) 2009 Budget Amendment No. 3 (Management and Budget)
B. REGULAR AGENDA
16. Items for Discussion from Consent Agenda (County Administrator and Clerk of Circuit Court)
Items Nos. 5, 6, 7, 10, 11a, and 14 pulled from Consent Agenda for discussion and separate votes.
17. Approval of a Roadway Transfer Agreement with the City of Safety Harbor for Transfer of Traffic Control Authority for McMullen Booth Road from the Northernmost City Limit to the Southernmost City Limit
18. Approval of Revised Cultural Tourism Grant Program and Cultural Development Grant Program Guidelines for the Cultural Affairs Department (Culture, Education and Leisure)
19. Approval of the Master Pinellas County Health Plan Provider Agreement with Local County Hospitals, Retroactive to October 1, 2008 (Health and Human Services)
3/3/09 20. Approval of Authority to Advertise a Public Hearing for an Ordinance Amending Section 150 of the Pinellas County Land Development Code Regarding Impact Fees (Planning)
21. Approval to Declare a Portion of County-Owned Property Surplus and Adoption of a Resolution Authorizing Conveyance to the West Central Florida Council, Inc., Boy Scouts of America (Real Estate Management)
22. Approval to Declare a Portion of Three County-Owned Parcels Surplus and Adoption of a Resolution Authorizing Conveyance of the Parcels to the Pinellas County Housing Foundation, Inc., as Trustee of the Pinellas County Surplus Land Trust – Bryan Dairy Project (Real Estate Management/Public Works/Community Development) (Continued from the January 6, 2009, BCC Meeting)
23. Approval of a Contract for Sale and Purchase with Kevin W. and Lorrie V. Ott for Real Property Located at 803 Harry Street and 805 Willard Street in Palm Harbor for Wall Springs Park General Development (Real Estate Management/Culture, Education and Leisure)
None 24. Other Administrative Matters
2/3/09 25. Approval of Authority to Advertise a Public Hearing for the Sheriff’s False Alarm Ordinance
26. Approval of a Contract for Legal Services with Banker Lopez Gassler P.A.
Attorney Bennett introduced new Assistant County Attorney David McCrea.
C. AUTHORITIES, BOARDS, AND COUNCILS
EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES (EMS) AUTHORITY
28. Approval of a Reappointment to the EMS Advisory Council
HEALTH FACILITIES AUTHORITY
29. Adoption of a Resolution Approving the Issuance of Not-to-Exceed $525,000,000.00 Pinellas County Health Facilities Authority Health System Refunding Revenue Bonds, BayCare Health System Issue, Series 2009 on Behalf of BayCare Health System, Inc.
D. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR REPORTS
E. COUNTY COMMISSION
The Commissioners extended their congratulations to the new President of the United States.
||reported that his son has been accepted to the University of Central Florida.
indicated that the North County Council of Neighborhoods Associates has requested that the Commissioners attend their May 3rd meeting to discuss the City of Oldsmar’s proposed annexation of Eastlake Woodlands.
appointment of Irwin D. Smith to the Palm Harbor Community Services Agency Board.
| appointment of Dennis Savage to the Building Board/Examining/Adjustments/Appeals.
||indicated that the State Department of Transportation list should be reviewed to ensure the items are in the correct order of priority.
provided a water conservation tip.
appointment of Commissioner Latvala to the Homeless Leadership Network Board.
F. SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS
COUNTYWIDE PLANNING AUTHORITY (CPA) PUBLIC HEARINGS
32. Proposed Ordinance Amending the Countywide Rules to Establish a Resource Management Overlay Map Category for the Countywide Plan (Second Public Hearing)
SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS – BCC
33. Proposed Ordinance Amending Chapter 134-12 of the Pinellas County Code Regarding the Pinellas County Local Planning Agency
34. Planning and Zoning Applications Heard by the Examiner (Quasi-Judicial Hearings are Noted with a “Q” Prefix):
a. Q Z/LU-1-11-08
Resolution Changing the Zoning Classification of a Parcel of Land Containing Approximately 4 Acres Located on the North Side of County Road (CR) 95 Lying 400 Feet East of U.S. Highway 19, Palm Harbor (Street Address: 2625 CR 95), Page 586 of the Zoning Atlas, as Being in Section 07, Township 28, Range 16; from RPD-5, Residential Planned Development, 5 Units per Acre to RPD-7.5, Residential Planned Development, 7.5 Units per Acre, upon Application of Synchronous Media Group, Inc. through John A. Skicewicz, Representative and an Ordinance Amending the Future Land Use Map of Pinellas County, Florida by Changing the Land Use Designation of a Parcel of Land Containing Approximately 4 Acres Located on the North Side of CR 95 Lying 400 Feet East of U.S. Highway 19, Palm Harbor (Street Address: 2625 CR 95) Located in Section 07, Township 28, Range 16, from Residential Low to Residential Urban, Providing for Other Modifications that May Arise from Review of this Ordinance at the Public Hearing and/or with Other Responsible Parties, and Providing an Effective Date
b. Q Z-2-11-08
Resolution Changing the Zoning Classification of a Lot Containing Approximately .3 Acre Located on the South Side of 54th Avenue North, 100 Feet East of 41st Way North, St. Petersburg (Street Address: 4160 54th Avenue North, St. Petersburg), Page 793 of the Zoning Atlas, as Being in Section 03, Township 31, Range 16; from C-1, Neighborhood Commercial to C-2, General Retail Commercial and Limited Services, upon Application of Tommy W. Cross, Jr.
G. CITIZENS TO BE HEARD
Lenore Faulkner, Madeira Beach, re Pinellas County Schools.
Ralph W. O’Fallon, Palm Harbor, re requesting appeal response.
Roger Coe, Palm Harbor, re justice for my adolescent children.
Mark P. Klutho, Largo, re stupidity, waste.
ADJOURNMENT – 7:08 P.M.