PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE to the Flag of the United States of America
PRESENTATIONS and AWARDS
A. CONSENT AGENDA
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT
1. Approval of Minutes of the Regular Meetings of October 21, 2008 and November 4, 2008
a. State of Florida Constitutional Officer Financial Report for 2007-2008 – Pinellas County Clerk of the Circuit
b. State of Florida Constitutional Officer Financial Report for 2007-2008 – Pinellas County Tax Collector
c. Internal Audit Division, Clerk of the Circuit Court, Report No. 2008-13 Dated November 19, 2008 – Audit of Airco Golf Operations, Together with the Audit Watch
d. Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) Permit Application Signature Update Dated November 4, 2008, Pursuant to Pinellas County Resolution No. 94-52
e. Tampa Bay Water Fiscal Year (FY) 2009 Annual Budget
f. Pinellas County License Board for Children’s Centers and Family Day Care Homes Resolution No. 08-03, Effective November 5, 2008, Amending the Budget for FY 2007-2008
3. Vouchers and Bills Paid
4. Miscellaneous Items to be Received for Filing:
a. City of Pinellas Park Notice of Public Hearings Regarding Ordinance Nos. 3657 and 3659 to be Held January 8, 2009, Annexing Certain Property
b. Eastlake Oaks Community Development District Minutes of the Meeting Held August 14, 2008
c. Public Official Bonds for Pinellas Suncoast Fire & Rescue District
Commissioners John J. Todia, Daniel R. Madura, and Linda Snook
5. Approval of a Joint Project Agreement with Peoples Gas System for Utility Installation by Roadway Contractor for Park Street/Starkey Road from Tyrone Boulevard to 84th Lane North
6. Approval of the Receipt and File Report of Items Delegated to the County Administrator for Approval (County Administrator)
7. Adoption of a Resolution Accepting the Donation of Electrocardiogram Monitors from the City of Largo, Fire Rescue Department (Emergency Medical Services (EMS) and Fire Administration)
8. Approval of Contracts for Law Enforcement Services with the Cities of: (Justice and Consumer Services)
a. Madeira Beach
9. Approval of FY 2008 Budget Amendment No. 20 (Management and Budget)
See Item No. 12 10. Approval of a Contract for Sale and Purchase of Real Property with Claudia Burgess for the Starkey Road Project from Bryan Dairy Road
to Ulmerton Road (Real Estate Management/Public Works)
AUTHORITIES, BOARDS, AND COUNCILS
HOUSING FINANCE AUTHORITY
See Item No. 12 11. Approval of the Pinellas Community Housing Trust Fund Quarterly
B. REGULAR AGENDA
12. Items for Discussion from Consent Agenda (County Administrator and Clerk of Circuit Court)
Items Nos. 10 and 11 pulled from Consent Agenda for discussion and separate votes.
2/3/09 13. Approval of Authority to Advertise a Public Hearing for a Proposed
Traffic Flow Change on Henry Lane from Crystal Beach Avenue to Ohio Avenue
14. Adoption of a Resolution Authorizing Approval of a Transportation Regional Incentive Program Agreement with FDOT for Advanced Traffic Management System/Intelligent Transportation System Improvements Along Curlew Road (State Road 586) from Alternate U.S. 19 to Tampa Road (State Road 584)
15. Approval of Agreements with Eight Firms for Construction Engineering and Inspection Professional Engineering Services
16. Approval of a Contract with the State of Florida, Department of Health for Operation of the Pinellas County Health Department Contract Year 2008-2009, Retroactive to October 1, 2008 (Health and Human Services)
17. Approval of a Contract for Sale and Purchase with William C. Moore for Panama Key Island in Shell Key Preserve (Real Estate Management/Environmental Management)
18. Adoption of a Resolution Determining the Necessity to Construct Roadway and Drainage Improvements to Bryan Dairy Road from Starkey Road to 72nd Street North, and Directing the Condemnation of the Necessary Properties and Property Rights for Construction (Real Estate Management/Public Works)
19. Approval to Declare a Portion of County-Owned Right-of-Way Property Surplus and Adoption of a Resolution Authorizing the Exchange of Property, Exchange Agreement with Circle K Stores Inc., and County Deed (Real Estate Management/Public Works)
20. Approval of Amendment No. 1 to the Design/Build Agreement with
Hennessy Construction Services Corp. for the Public Works Emergency Responders Buildings – Phase 2 (Real Estate Management/Public Works) (Continued from the December 2, 2008, BCC Meeting)
21. Other Administrative Matters
a. March 10, 2009 Work Session cancelled.
b. Discussion re SWFWMD rule change and BCC concerns.
22. Approval of Authority for the County Attorney to Defend the Cases of:
a. EverBank v. William Roski, et al - Circuit Civil Case No. 08-17104-CI-021 - Mortgage Foreclosure Involving a Community Development Block Grant Mortgage
b. First Horizon Home Loans v. Conroy A. Calvert et al - Circuit Civil Case No. 08-16555-CI-20 - Mortgage Foreclosure Involving a Subordinate Mortgage
c. Mark Roesch v. Robert Binder, Rent to Own Leasing Co. Inc., John Lloyd, Stephen King and Lou Katz and Ken Burke, Clerk of Court, Pinellas County, Florida - Circuit Civil Case No. 08-016741-CI-020 – Tax Deed Sale
d. Sandra Lee Snyder and Pinellas Grove’s Hamlet Citizens Committee v. BCC – Division of Administrative Hearings Case No. 08-5834GM – Administrative Hearing (Bayside Affordable Housing Project)
23. Approval of Authority for the County Attorney to Initiate Litigation in the Case of Pinellas County v. Richard J. Bergeron and Jenny Bergeron – Encroachment upon County Property
24. Approval of a Second Amendment to Prescription Service Agreement with Walgreens Health Initiatives, Inc.
25. Approval of Authority to File a Petition for Writ of Certiorari Against the City of St. Petersburg Appealing the Municipal Annexation in St. Petersburg Ordinance No. 867-G and the Adoption of a Resolution Initiating the Chapter 164 Conflict Resolution Procedure Regarding the City of St. Petersburg’s Annexation of Parcels of Property on Tierra Verde in St. Petersburg, St. Petersburg Ordinance No. 867-G
26. Approval of a Settlement and Release with the Willis Group Holdings Limited - Pinellas County’s Participation in Attorney General’s Settlement of Insurance Commission Matter
27. Approval of Authority to Reject the Settlement Offered in the Case of James R. Cordell, Jr. and Kim L. Kaszuba v. Pinellas County - Circuit Civil Case No. 08-9079-CI-021 – Right-of-Way Access Dispute
Approval of authority for the County Attorney to defend against the motion for a temporary injunction filed by Mathew Poling.
Discussion re the proposed Local Planning Agency revised ordinance.
C. AUTHORITIES, BOARDS, AND COUNCILS
COUNTYWIDE PLANNING AUTHORITY (CPA)
1/6/09 and 1/20/09 29. Approval of Authority to Advertise Two Public Hearings on a Proposed
Countywide Rule Amendment to Establish a Resource Management
Overlay Map Category
EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES (EMS) AUTHORITY
30. Adoption of a Resolution Waiving the Pinellas County Purchasing Ordinance for Extension of the Contract with Paramedics Plus, LLC for Ambulance Services
HOUSING FINANCE AUTHORITY (HFA)
31. Approval of a Reappointment to the HFA
D. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR REPORTS
E. COUNTY COMMISSION
33. Approval of Individual Commissioner Appointments
34. Approval of Appointments of the BCC as-a-Whole
The Commissioners wished everyone a Merry Christmas and a great holiday season.
Appointment of India Welch to the Youth Advisory Committee for the term of December 16, 2008 through July 31, 2009.
|a. Commissioner Morroni
reappointment of Patricia J. Bell to the Social Action Funding Board.
|b. Commissioner Latvala
||provided information re enlarging posted signs that notice public hearings.
provided information re the possibility of the County purchasing the U.S. Highway 19-Anclote River property (owned by Wal-Mart), noting that Wal-Mart is open to accepting an offer to purchase. Chairman Harris directed Administrator LaSala to transmit a letter to Wal-Mart stating potential interest, and no objections were noted.
|c. Commissioner Seel
||requested permission to send Congressman Young and Bilirakis and Congresswoman Castor a letter asking them to support U.S. Highway 19 funding, and no objections were noted.
|d. Commissioner Welch
||noted that Chairman Harris was at Pinellas Hope providing breakfast to the residents.
|e. Commissioner Bostock
||noted her concerns re Agenda Item No. 2c and provided her viewpoint regarding audits.
|f. Chairman Harris
||provided water conservation tips.
F. SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS
SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS – BCC
36. Petition to Vacate Submitted by Pinellas County Abandoning a Portion of Public-Right-of-Way on Keystone Road
37. Proposed Ordinance Amending the Pinellas County Comprehensive Plan Regarding Updates to the Capital Improvements Element
38. Proposed Ordinance Amending Section 134 of the Pinellas County Land Development Code Regarding Concurrency Test Statement (Companion Item No. 39)
39. Proposed Ordinance Amending Section 134 of the Pinellas County Land Development Code Regarding Concurrency Management (Companion Item No. 38)
CPA PUBLIC HEARINGS
Consideration of the Following Proposals to Amend the Adopted Countywide Future Land Use Plan:
40. REGULAR AMENDMENT – Case CW 08-41 – Town of Kenneth City
1.5 Acres More or Less Northwest of the Intersection of 62nd Street North and 54th Avenue North; Amendment from Residential/Office General to Commercial General (Continued from the November 4, 2008, CPA Meeting)
41. Proposed Amendments to the Countywide Plan Rules Regarding Development Agreements (Second Public Hearing)
G. CITIZENS TO BE HEARD
Lenore Faulkner, Madeira Beach, re Pinellas County Schools – Baldridge Quality 10 Years, Dropout Factory.
Floyd Irwin, New Port Richey, re Korean War veterans.
Mark P. Klutho, Largo, re stupidity, waste.
ADJOURNMENT – 7:25 P.M.