2:01 to 2:10 p.m. – Swearing-In Ceremony
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE to the Flag of the United States of America
PRESENTATIONS and AWARDS
A. CONSENT AGENDA
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT
1. Approval of Minutes of the Regular Meeting of October 7, 2008
See Item No. 19 a. City of St. Petersburg North Tierra Verde Annexation Report Pursuant to Chapter 171.042, Florida Statutes, Dated October 10, 2008
b. State of Florida Constitutional Officer Financial Report for 2007-
2008 – Pinellas County Property Appraiser
c. Florida Division of Forestry, Lakeland District, Annual Report to County Commissioners for the Period July 1, 2007 through June 30, 2008
d. Juvenile Welfare Board Interim Financial Report (Unaudited) Dated September 30, 2008
3. Vouchers and Bills Paid
4. Miscellaneous Items to be Received for Filing:
a. Florida Public Service Commission Notice of Customer Service Hearings Regarding Petition for a Rate Increase by Tampa Electric Company to be Held in Tampa and Winter Haven on October 21 and 22, 2008, Respectively, Issued September 24, 2008
b. City of Clearwater Public Hearing Notice of Annexation,
Land Use Plan, and Zoning Atlas Amendments Regarding Ordinances Nos. 7890-07 through 7892-07 Held November 6, 2008
c. Correspondence from the City of Largo Regarding Notice of Action on November 5, 2008, to Amend the Clearwater-Largo Road Community Redevelopment District Plan (Ordinance No. 2009-05) to Include Additional Properties
d. City of Oldsmar Notice of Public Hearings Regarding Ordinance No. 2008-26 Annexing Certain Property; Public Hearing to be Held October 18, 2008
e. City of St. Petersburg Notice of Public Hearing to be Held November 20, 2008, Regarding Amendments to the Future Land Use Map and Official Zoning Map Designations for Certain Property
f. Pinellas Park Water Management District Minutes of Regular Authority Meeting No. 12 Dated September 18, 2008, and Financial Statement for the Month of August 2008
5. Approval of an Award of Bid to Ferguson Enterprises, Inc., d/b/a Ferguson Waterworks, for Meter Boxes (Co-Op)
6. Approval of Change Order No. 1 Final, Acceptance of the Agreement as Complete, and Release of Retainage with Caladesi Construction Co. for Oakhurst Pump Station Neighborhood Park (Rebid)
7. Approval of a Cooperative Funding Agreement with the Southwest Florida Water Management District for the Design and Construction of the Pinellas County North Reclaimed Water Telemetry Control Project
8. Approval of the Receipt and File Report of Items Delegated to the County Administrator for Approval (County Administrator)
9. Approval of Renewal of Certificates of Public Convenience and Necessity (COPCN) for Advanced Life Support First Responders, ALS Helicopter Ambulances, the Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Authority, d/b/a Sunstar, and All Children’s Hospital (EMS & Fire Administration)
10. Approval of an Award of Bid to Various Vendors for Gasoline and Diesel Fuel (Fleet Management)
11. Approval of a Contract with the City of Dunedin and the Sheriff for Law Enforcement Services (Justice and Consumer Services)
12. Approval of Fiscal Year (FY) 2008 Budget Amendment Nos. 17, 18, and19 (Management and Budget)
13. Adoption of a Resolution Appropriating Earmarked Receipts for a Particular Purpose in the FY 2009 General Fund Budget for Unanticipated Beginning Fund Balances for Emergency Management (Management and Budget)
14. Adoption of a Resolution Appropriating Earmarked Receipts for a Particular Purpose in the FY 2009 Emergency Communications E911 System Fund (Management and Budget)
15. Adoption of a Resolution Appropriating Earmarked Receipts for a Particular Purpose in the FY 2009 Transportation Trust Fund Budget for the McMullen-Booth Road Advance Street Name Signs Project Florida Department of Transportation Grant (Management and Budget)
16. Adoption of a Resolution Declaring Personal Property as Surplus and Transferring Same to Covalent Scientific Industries, LLC, on Behalf of the Pinellas County Forensic Lab (Real Estate Management)
17. Approval of a Transfer to the Sheriff’s Office of Assets Purchased during the Jail Health Care Facility Construction, Retroactive to October 1, 2007 (Real Estate Management)
AUTHORITIES, BOARDS, AND COUNCILS
18. Approval of Renewal of COPCN for Various Non-Medical Wheelchair-Transport Providers
B. REGULAR AGENDA
19. Items for Discussion from Consent Agenda (County Administrator and Clerk of Circuit Court)
Item No. 2a pulled from Consent Agenda for discussion and separate vote. Report received for filing; Chairman authorized to send letter to the City of St. Petersburg requesting that the proposed annexation be postponed.
20. Adoption of a Resolution Approving an Amendment to the Pinellas County FY 2006-2010 Consolidated Strategic Plan and FY 2008-2009 Action Plan (Community Development)
12/2/08 21. Approval of Authority to Advertise a Tax Equity Responsibility Act (TEFRA) Public Hearing for TEFRA Issuance of Not-to-Exceed $3,200,000.00 Pinellas County Industrial Development Authority Industrial Development Revenue Bonds on Behalf of R’Club Child Care, Inc. (Economic Development)
22. Approval of an Amendment to Economic Development Grant Funding Agreement with The Charles Stark Draper Laboratory, Inc. (Economic Development)
23. Approval of a Contract for Sale and Purchase with Brian Dopirak for Real Property Located West of U.S. Alternate 19 and South of Wai Lani Road for Wall Springs Park General Development (Real Estate Management/Culture, Education, and Leisure)
24. Other Administrative Matters
a. Request by Hillsborough County to support their efforts to secure state funding for maintenance of the Friendship Trail Bridge approved with caveat that it is a separate project and does not take money from projects identified in the state and federal legislative package. Commissioner Bostock accepted appointment to the Friendship Trail Bridge Committee. Friendship Trail Bridge to be scheduled for discussion at an upcoming Board work session.
b. Legislative Delegation meeting scheduled for December 9 has been cancelled. It was the consensus of the members that the work session scheduled for the afternoon of December 9 be moved to the morning.
25. Approval of Authority for the County Attorney to Initiate Litigation in the Case of Pinellas County v. Jennifer L. Dockus - Negligence in the Operation ofa Motor Vehicle
26. Approval of an Agreement for Legal Services with Gulfcoast Legal Services, Inc. to Provide Legal Representation to Individual Complainants in Fair Housing Actions in Accord with the Fair Housing Provisions of the County’s Human Rights Ordinance
Chairman authorized to sign Public Official Bonds for submittal to Tallahassee.
C. AUTHORITIES, BOARDS, AND COUNCILS
28. Approval of the Appointment of Mayors to the EMS Advisory Council
UNIFIED PERSONNEL SYSTEM
29. Approval of a Reappointment to the Personnel Board
D. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR REPORTS
E. COUNTY COMMISSION
31. Selection of the 2009 Chairman and Vice-Chairman
Calvin D. Harris selected to serve as Chairman; Karen Williams Seel selected to serve as Vice-Chairman.
|a. Raymond T. Krepfle,
Tierra Verde Community Association, Inc.
|thanked the Board and staff for their efforts on behalf of Tierra Verde residents and urged their continued support in efforts to oppose annexation by the City of St. Petersburg.
|b. Commissioner Morroni
||extended congratulations to Chairman, Vice-Chairman, and Commissioners Bostock, Brickfield and Welch on their election/re-election.
c. Commissioner Latvala
echoed congratulations to the Chairman, Vice-Chairman, and Commissioners.
recommended appointment of Brian T. O’Connell to the Downtown Palm Harbor Review Committee.
related that the Florida Association of Counties (FAC) Legislative Conference begins tomorrow; encouraged Commissioners Bostock and Brickfield to participate in FAC orientation meetings in January.
|d. Commissioner Seel
||thanked the members for electing her Vice-Chairman; congratulated fellow Commissioners; related that she has asked Administrator LaSala to schedule an orientation session and encouraged the members to submit agenda items.
|e. Commissioner Welch
||congratulated Board members and welcomed Administrator LaSala.
|f. Commissioner Bostock
||thanked the Board and Administrator for her warm welcome; congratulated Chairman and Vice-Chairman; and informed Mr. Krepfle that she had watched the St. Petersburg City Council meeting regarding the proposed Tierra Verde annexation.
|g. Commissioner Brickfield
||thanked the members for their good wishes; welcomed Commissioner Bostock and Administrator LaSala.
|h. Chairman Harris
||echoed congratulations and thanks; expressed support for Commissioner Morroni; noted new water restrictions; and offered a water conservation tip.
F. SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS - BCC
33. Proposed Amendments to the Clearwater-Largo Road Corridor Community Redevelopment Plan for the City of Largo
34. Planning and Zoning Applications Heard by the Examiner (Quasi-Judicial Hearings are Noted with a “Q” Prefix):
a. Q Z-1-9-08
Resolution Changing the Zoning Classification of a Parcel of Land Containing Approximately 3.5 Acres Located on the East Side of Seminole Boulevard, 130 Feet North of the Intersection with 106th Avenue North (Richmar Mobile Home Park, 10675 Seminole Boulevard, Largo), Page 250 of the Zoning Atlas, as Being in Section 15, Township 30, Range 15, from CP, Commercial Parkway to CR, Commercial Recreation, upon Application of 1997 Richmar Group, Ltd. through Steven A. Williamson, Esquire, Johnson, Pope, Bokor, Ruppel & Burns, LLP, Representative
b. Q Z-3-9-08
Resolution Changing the Zoning Classification of Two Lots Containing Approximately .6 Acre Located on the Southwest Corner of Palm Avenue and Gooden Crossing, Largo, Page 224 of the Zoning Atlas, as Being in Section 04, Township 30, Range 15, from R-4, One, Two and Three Family Residential to R-3, Single Family Residential, upon Application of BCC, in Care of Community Development
c. Q Z/LU-4-9-08
Resolution Changing the Zoning Classification of a Parcel of Land Containing Approximately .3 Acre Located on the North Side of Gooden Crossing Lying Just East of 13th Lane Southwest, Largo, Page 224 of the Zoning Atlas, as Being in Section 04, Township 30, Range 15, from C-1, Neighborhood Commercial to R-3, Single Family Residential, upon Application of BCC, in Care of Community Development, and an Ordinance Amending the Future Land Use Map of Pinellas County, Florida, by Changing the Land Use Designation of a Parcel of Land Containing Approximately .3 Acre Located on the North Side of Gooden Crossing Lying Just East of 13th Lane Southwest, Largo Located in Section 04, Township 30, Range 15, from Commercial Neighborhood to Residential Low, Providing for Other Modifications that May Arise from Review of this Ordinance at the Public Hearing and/or with Other Responsible Parties, and Providing an Effective Date
Scrivener’s error in agenda memo noted; no variance was requested.
without prejudice d. Q Z/LU/CU-1-4-08
Resolution Changing the Zoning Classification of a Parcel of Land Containing Approximately 1 Acre Located on the North Shore of the Anclote River South and East of the Anclote Village Marina (Street Address: 1366 Riverside Avenue, Tarpon Springs), Page 5 of the Zoning Atlas, as Being in Section 03, Township 27, Range 15, from E-1, Estate Residential to CR, Commercial Recreation with a Conditional Use to Allow the Expansion of a Marina, upon Application of Raymond and T. Mozelle Varner through Gerald A. Figurski, Esquire, Figurski & Harrill, Representative, and an Ordinance Amending the Future Land Use Map of Pinellas County, Florida, by Changing the Land Use Designation of a Parcel of Land Containing Approximately 1 Acre Located on the North Shore of the Anclote River South and East of the Anclote Village Marina (Street Address: 1366 Riverside Avenue, Tarpon Springs), Located in Section 03, Township 27, Range 15, from Residential Low to Commercial Recreation, Providing for Other Modifications that May Arise from Review of this Ordinance at the Public Hearing and/or with Other Responsible Parties, and Providing an Effective Date
G. CITIZENS TO BE HEARD
Peter White, Largo, re Hope Pinellas
Mark P. Klutho, Largo, re Stupidity, Waste – “G”
ADJOURNMENT – 7:37 P.M.