PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE to the Flag of the United States of America
A. SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS
COUNTYWIDE PLANNING AUTHORITY (CPA) PUBLIC HEARINGS
Consideration of the Following Proposals to Amend the Adopted Countywide Future Land Use Plan:
1. SUBTHRESHOLD AMENDMENT – Case CW 08-27 – City of Dunedin
3.0 Acres More or Less (MOL) Located at 1142 Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard; Amendment from Residential Medium to Residential Low Medium
a. REGULAR AMENDMENT – Case CW 08-28 - Pinellas County
3.0 Acres MOL Located at the Southwest Corner of North Pinellas Avenue and Anclote Road; Amendment from Residential Urban and Commercial General to Commercial General
08/19/08 b. AMENDMENT TO SPECIAL AREA PLAN (SAP)
CW 08-26 (SAP Adoption 2008) – Submitted by the City of St. Pete Beach
248.3 Acres MOL Located as follows: the Gulf Boulevard Redevelopment District is Located along the Corridor of Gulf Boulevard, North of Pinellas Bayway and South of 64th Avenue; the Downtown Redevelopment District is Centered along Corey Avenue, Blind Pass Road, and Gulf Boulevard; Amendment from Residential Urban, Residential Low Medium, Residential Medium, Residential Low Medium with Resort Facilities Overlay, Residential High, Residential/Office General with Resort Facilities Overlay, Residential/Office/Retail, Resort Facilities Medium, Commercial General, Preservation, Recreation/Open Space, Institutional, and Transportation/Utility to Community Redevelopment District
8/19/08 3. Proposed Countywide Rule Amendment
Proposed Ordinance Amending Countywide Rules to Update Traffic Generation Rates Applicable to the Various Countywide Plan Categories (First Public Hearing)
SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS – BCC
4. Proposed Tax Equity Fiscal Responsibility Act (TEFRA) Resolution for TEFRA Issuance of Not-to-Exceed $5,300,000.00 Pinellas County Industrial Development Revenue Bonds (Neighborly Care Network, Inc. Project), Series 2008, on Behalf of Neighborly Care Network, Inc. (Companion Item No. 35)
without prejudice 5. Petition to Vacate Submitted by Glenn Bergoffen and Leah Bergoffen for a Portion of Public Right-of-Way Located in Crystal Beach Subdivision
8/19/08 6. Proposed Ordinance Amending the Pinellas County Land Development Code Regarding the Regulation of Dumpsters (First Public Hearing)
8/19/08 7. Proposed Ordinance Amending the Pinellas County Land Development Code Regarding Recreational Vehicles (First Public Hearing)
8/19/08 8. Proposed Ordinance Adding Section 2.08 to the Pinellas County Charter Relating to Environmental Lands (Companion Item No. 9)
8/19/08 9. Proposed Ordinance Amending Sections 90-102 and 90-112 of the Pinellas County Code Relating to Environmental Lands (Companion Item No. 8)
10. Water and Navigation Applications
a. Private Dock Application P39053-08/Revised Submitted by Harold D. Collins and Diana M. Duncan, 1506 and 1492 Sea Gull Drive South, Boca Ciega Bay, St. Petersburg
b. Dredge and Fill Application DF1946-08 Submitted by the City of St. Petersburg, Admiral Farragut Yacht Basin, 501 Park Street North, Boca Ciega Bay, St. Petersburg
c. Private Dock Application P39068-08/Revised Submitted by Steven Miller, 104 9th Street East, Boca Ciega Bay, Tierra Verde
d. Commercial Dock Application CC38505-07/Revised for a Mooring Field Submitted by the City of Gulfport, 5500 Shore Boulevard, Boca Ciega Bay, Gulfport
B. CITIZENS TO BE HEARD
Richard N. Shott, Clearwater, re Comprehensive Plan – Bayside Reserves Project, Z/LU-3-8-07.
JoAn Totty, Palm Harbor, re Palm Harbor.
Greg Pound, Largo, re Pinellas Families.
C. CONSENT AGENDA
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT
11. Approval of Minutes – None
a. Dock Fee Report for the Month of June 2008
b. Quarterly Report of Routine Dock Permits Issued from April 1, 2008 through June 30, 2008
13. Vouchers and Bills Paid
14. Miscellaneous Items to be Received for Filing:
a. City of Clearwater Notices of Public Hearings Regarding Ordinances Nos. 7917-08, 7920-08 through 7926-08, 7942-08 through 7944-08, and 7958-08 through 7963-08 Amending the Annexation, Land Use Plan, Zoning Atlas, Comprehensive Plan, Clearwater Community Development Code, and Beach by Design; and No. 7941-08 Rescinding Ordinances Nos. 7405-05 and 7406-05; Public Hearings Held July 17, 2008, and to be Held August 7, 2008
b. City of Seminole Notices of Public Hearings to be Held August 12, 2008, Regarding Ordinances Nos. 18-2008 through 21-2008, Voluntarily Annexing Certain Property
c. City of Largo Notices of Public Hearings Regarding Ordinances Nos. 2008-56 and 2008-57 Held July 15 and August 5, 2008, Respectively, Annexing Certain Property
d. Pinellas Park Water Management District Minutes of Regular Authority Meeting No. 8 Dated May 15, 2008, and Financial Statement for the Month of April 2008
15. Approval of an Award of Bid to The Duffy & Lee Carpet Company for Phase I Terminal Improvement Project for Carpet and Installation
16. Approval of an Award of Bid to T.L.C. Diversified, Inc. for Pump Station Replacement and Rehabilitation, Group 2 – Pump Station Nos. 001, 002, and 003
17. Approval of the Second Amendment to Agreement with Southwest Florida Water Management District for Lake Seminole Watershed Stormwater Pollution Reduction Project (Environmental Management)
18. Approval of Renewal No. 2 to the Agreement with Gulfcoast Legal Services, Inc. for Legal Aid to Indigent County Residents (Justice and Consumer Services)
19. Approval of a Termination of Easement by General Release with: (Real Estate Management)
a. Joyce B. Forlizzo for a Portion of Drainage Easement Located on Lot 14 of the Villas at Lakepoint Subdivision
b. Brian P. and Teresa J. Mullin for a Portion of a Drainage and Utility Easement Located Adjacent to Lots 1 and 2, Block 6 of the Town of Bay View Subdivision
AUTHORITIES, BOARDS, AND ENTITIES
20. Approval of three Annual 2008 Countywide Plan Map Adjustments
Unified Personnel System
21. Approval of an Amendment to Administrative Services Agreement and Extension of Stop Loss Insurance Policy with United HealthCare Insurance Company
D. REGULAR AGENDA
None 22. Items for Discussion from Consent Agenda (County Administrator and Clerk of Circuit Court)
23. Approval of Amendment No. 1 to the Contract with Ajax Building Corporation for Terminal Renovations
24. Approval of an Amendment to the Agreement with Agileassets Inc. for a Computerized Maintenance Management System for the Highway Department
25. Adoption of a Resolution Designating the Largo Community Redevelopment Districts and Adjacent Areas as a Brownfield Area (Economic Development)
26. Approval of Change Order No. 3 with Verizon Business Network Services Inc., on Behalf of Verizon Select Services Inc., for E 9-1-1 Plant and Nortel Private Branch Exchange Equipment (Emergency Communications)
27. Approval of the Renewal of an Interlocal Agreement with the Sixth Judicial Circuit Court for Administration of Substance Abuse Treatment Funding (Justice and Consumer Services)
28. Adoption of a Resolution Recognizing the Dunedin Causeway as a Significant Pinellas County Greenway (Planning)
29. Approval of a Contract for Sale and Purchase with The Upper Pinellas Association for Retarded Citizens, Inc. for Real Property Located at 3001 Cedar Trace for the Keystone Road Capital Improvement Project from U.S. Highway 19 to East Lake Road (Real Estate Management)
30. Approval of a Contract for Sale and Purchase with Stephen W. Shutt for Real Property Located at 2482 Keystone Road for the Keystone Road Capital Improvement Project from U.S. Highway 19 to East Lake Road (Real Estate Management)
None 31. Other Administrative Matters
10/07/08 32. Authority to Advertise a Public Hearing on a Proposed Ordinance Amending Section 118-32(1)(a) of the Pinellas County Code Relating to the Tourist Development Plan
33. Approval of Settlement in the Claim of Rick Fullmer – Claim No. 0897510
Attorney Bennett advised the Board on restrictions associated with Quasi-Judicial designations.
E. AUTHORITIES, BOARDS, AND COUNCILS
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
35. Adoption of a Resolution for Issuance of Not-to-Exceed $5,300,000.00 Pinellas County Industrial Development Authority Revenue Bonds, Series 2008, on Behalf of Neighborly Care Network, Inc. (Companion Item No. 4)
F. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR REPORTS
36. Pinellas Hope Preliminary Report
Authorization granted to allocate up to $770,000.00 from the $5,000,000.00 Fiscal Year 2009 Housing Trust Fund allocation to Project Hope; Chairman to send letters formally requesting contributions to the cities that have not contributed.
G. COUNTY COMMISSION
37. Approval of Appointments and Reappointments to the Youth Advisory Council
|a. Commissioner Duncan
||reminded the Board of the second workshop regarding the TBARTA Master Plan on August 7 at 5:30 P.M. at the Largo Cultural Center.
|b. Commissioner Seel
||inquired re the process for making a citizen appointment to the Value Adjustment Board; Commissioners to submit their nominations to the Chairman’s Office.
|c. Commissioner Latvala
||requested an update regarding the proposed Manatee Protection Plan; and Mr. Marquis provided a brief report, with further information to be provided next week.
|d. Chairman Stewart
||proposed that the swearing of new Commissioners, seating of the new County Administrator, and election of 2009 officers take place at the November 18 meeting; and the members concurred.
ADJOURNMENT - 5:10 P.M.