Assistance with Medicare Enrollment – FREE!
SHINE (Serving Health Insurance Needs of Elders) will be hosting virtual classes for anyone interested in learning more about Medicare. You can join via computer or by phone! View details at www.floridashine.org .
Social Services / Resources:
- Adult Emergency Financial Assistance Program
Available to qualifying adults who need a helping hand during unexpected financial hardships.
- Affordable Care Act - Pinellas County's Certified Application Counselor is available to assist you in looking for and enrolling in health coverage options through the Marketplace.
- All-Hazard Guide / En Español
- Assistance with Social Security Disability Claims
Disability Advocates are available to assist you in preparing disability applications.
- Care Fund - Learn how you can help our neighbors in need.
- Department of Children and Families - Several programs for families and seniors including Adult Protective Services, Independent Living Services, Mental Health.
National Institute of Aging - Find a wide variety of research-based information and resources related to health and aging.
- Office of Human Rights - Protection against discrimination.
- Older Floridians Handbook - Explains and describes, in easily understandable language, laws and programs that affect elderly Floridians and their families.
- Safe medication disposal
- 2-1-1 Tampa Bay Cares - Crisis intervention, information and referrals for local health and human services.
- Veterans Services - Understand and apply for benefits.
- Home Owners - Home repair loans, Independent Living Program and other services for seniors.
- FloridaHousingSearch.org - A free service to help you find or list rental housing online or by phone (877) 428-8844.
- Community Housing Guide - A resource guide for
homeowners and renters.
- Tampa Bay Regional Transit Authority - Your source for transportation information across the seven-county Tampa Bay Region.
- Neighborly Care Network - Provides door-to-door service for a fee.
- Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority
- Transportation Disadvantaged Program
Community and Health Services:
- National Association of Counties Discount Prescription Card
- Sunstar FirstCare Ambulance Membership Plan - This annual membership plan minimizes healthcare expenses for Sunstar ambulance transportation.
- Alzheimer's Disease / Related Dementia - Florida Gulf Coast Chapter is here for you when and how you need us.
News and Information You Can Use:
- Emergency Preparedness - Know what to do in emergencies and learn the closest shelter near you.
- Financial Assistance Programs - Help with electric, water, and gas bills.
- Good to Know - Informational videos on County services.
- Safe Use of Medicines for Older Adults
- Pinellas County Speakers Bureau - Pinellas County attempts to provide speakers knowledgeable in many topics of interest.
- Why Pets are Great for Seniors - Ten health reasons why seniors might want to consider adopting a pet.
Can you spare a little time? There are lots of great ways to help your community and neighbors in need.
- Volunteer in Pinellas - Pinellas County depends on volunteers to help provide residents and visitors the best service possible.
- Get Involved in Your Community - Can you spare a little time? There are lots of great ways to help your community and neighbors in need.
- Pinellas County Citizen University - Learn how Pinellas County government provides services to you and your neighbors and what goes on behind the scenes in the various departments.
- Pinellas County Calendar - A listing of Pinellas County public meetings and events.
- Pinellas County E-News - Don’t miss out! Sign up to receive county news and stay up-to-date on topics important to you.
- Seniors (age 65+) can purchase Pinellas County’s Annual Beach Parking Permits at discount.
- Property Tax – Senior Exemption
A variety of services are available. Certain eligibility requirements may apply.
Area Agency on Aging of Pasco is a private non-profit agency serving seniors and their caregivers in Pasco and Pinellas counties in Florida.
Alzheimer’s Disease/Related Dementia
The Caregiver Connection is a coordinated array of services designed to address the unique support needs of people living with Alzheimer’s disease or a memory related disorder and their caregivers.
- Lighthouse of Pinellas County
Independent Living Skills classes at Lighthouse of Pinellas address a wide range of daily activities that become very challenging for the person with severe to total vision loss, such as: dialing the phone, telling time, maintaining financials independence, personal grooming, matching clothing, cooking, and keeping one's home clean and organized. For residents 55+.
- Neighborly Care Network
Neighborly's Nutrition Program provides daily nutritious meals direct to seniors in Pinellas County who are age 60+ and homebound by reason of illness, disability, or isolation. Neighborly transportation is provided to Senior Dining Sites for a nutritious meal, socialization, planned and spontaneous activities on a daily basis.
- Pinellas Opportunity Council - CHORE Services
Provides heavy household cleaning and yard work services to low-income seniors (60+) to help maintain a safe, sanitary living environment.
- YMCA - EnhanceFitness
The EnhanceFitness program is available to low income seniors (55+) that focuses on cardiovascular exercise, strength training, balance, and flexibility - everything older adults need to maintain health and function as they age. Those with chronic conditions such as arthritis have been shown to gain strength and independence they thought was lost.
Parks, Preserves, Trails and More:
- County Parks - There are 15 County parks to enjoy throughout Pinellas County.
- Camping at Fort De Soto Park.
- Green Space Brochure - Neighborhood parks.
- Florida Botanical Gardens - Enjoy the beautiful gardens and peaceful settings.
- Heritage Village - Explore houses of the past.
- Pinellas Trail - Enjoy the award winning Pinellas Trail where you can walk, jog, bicycle, or skate your way along 47-miles of trail.
- Pinellas County Extension - Learning just got fun! Check out the unique classes offered at Extension.
- Brooker Creek Preserve - Explore the largest natural area in Pinellas County.
- Weedon Island Preserve - Expansive 3,190-acre natural area located on Tampa Bay.