Tuition Reimbursement: Step 2 - Reimbursement
Tuition reimbursement is a two-part process:
1. Enrollment -
Completed before the course begins and once eligibility is verified (see Tuition Enrollment).
2. Reimbursement - Completed after the course ends and reimbursement is verified (see below).
- Receipts: Save receipts for all expenses incurred, e.g., registration, tuition, books and supplies.
- Supplies: Reimbursement is limited to items that are required exclusively for the course. For example:
- Reimbursable supply - scientific calculator
- Non-reimbursable supplies – computer, printing/ink, notebooks/paper, pens/pencils
- Grade: Copy of the official grade report or dated certificate of completion:
- Undergraduate: Passing grade of “C” or better is required
- Graduate: Passing grade of “B” or better is required
- Ungraded Course: Certificate of completion is required
Tuition Reimbursement Form (AFTER the Course)
NOTE: The Tuition Reimbursement packet is 2 pages including a checklist and a form. The packet is not posted on the website.
- You will receive the Tuition Reimbursement Form and checklist by email after you submit the Tuition Enrollment Form and receive HR approval. Save the form.*
Complete the form.
Gather the documents listed at right:
- Scan the documents if you have access to a printer with scanning capability, or take pictures with your mobile device.
- Email the scans/photos to yourself.
- Reimbursement Option 1 - OPUS iExpense:
This applies to all who have access to OPUS iExpense which includes BCC/County Administrator, BTS, Clerk, County Attorney, Human Resources and Human Rights employees.
1. Log into OPUS.
2. Select PIN iExpense, Create Expense Report, Tuition Reimbursement Expense Template.
3. Complete the report as prompted.
4. Upload the documents as attachments and submit in OPUS.
- Reimbursement Option 2 - No OPUS iExpense:
This applies to all who do not have access to OPUS iExpense which includes Forward Pinellas, Property Appraiser, Supervisor of Elections and Tax Collector employees.
- Email the documents listed above to firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- Send by interoffice mail to Human Resources Organizational and Talent Development, Annex 4th Floor for processing.
* If you misplace the Tuition Reimbursement Form, contact us by email or call 464-3796.
Return to top