The key to making Pinellas County a great place to work is building the necessary skills in our most valuable resource, our people, so that they can develop into tomorrow's in-house leaders for the emerging and changing workplace.
All documents are in PDF format.
- Learning Paths - Now offering a new initiative for professional growth and development available to all employees (guide | video ).
Upcoming Classes with Seats Available:
Pinellas County offers more than 75 training courses in-house which employees may take during work hours with supervisor approval. Topics include Microsoft Office, OPUS, career development, communication, customer service, business skills, leadership, retirement and more.
- Register for classes in OPUS. Log in to OPUS, select PIN OLM Learner and Learner Home:
- Consortium members (non-County employees) should register with their organization's training contact.
- ULearnIT - Online learning resource with 40,000 quick-help videos, 2,500 video courses, and 16,000 books (login | guide | video tips | Training Lab).
- Microsoft Office 2013 Training - Classes, Quick Start Guides, and Cheat Sheets
- Resource Library - DVDs, CDs and books for self-development or group discussion
- Leadership Notes
- Training Online Resources
- Two-Minute Tuesday Videos
Additional Learning Opportunities:
- Tuition Reimbursement Program – Classes taken on your own time and reimbursed by the county
- Achieve Global - Classes are tailored to a particular organization. Contact Training to request classes to build skills in leadership, problem solving or customer service.
- Certified Public Manager (CPM) – Employees must be nominated by their department director, 2.5 year commitment.
- Organizational Development - Trained facilitators are available to help with strategic planning, process improvement, team building and more.
- Public Records Training- Half hour web-based video training on public records procedures.
- Toastmasters Club - Conquer your fear of public speaking by joining the local chapter of Toastmasters (see video ).
- Workshops - New Leader Transition and Department Team Building
- Training & Development