The key to making Pinellas County a great place to work is building the necessary skills in our most valuable resource, our people, so that they can develop into tomorrow's in-house leaders for the emerging and changing workplace.
All documents are in PDF format.
- Anti-Harassment Policy (Supervisors) - 9/20, 9/22, 10/11
- Outlook 2013 Core Essentials - 10/5, 11/7, 12/7
- Anti-Harassment Policy (Employees) - 10/9, 10/30
- Word 2013 Core Essentials - 10/17, 11/15, 12/13
- Changing Environment & Future Trends in Leadership Development - 9/27
- Five Dysfunctions of a Team - 9/28
- Word 2013 Advanced Essentials - 10/3, 11/1, 12/21
- Budget 101 - 10/4
- Project Management - 10/5
- Passport to Retirement - 10/10, 10/17 and 10/24
- Excel 2013 Core Essentials - 10/10, 11/16, 12/12
- Effective Communication in the Workplace - 10/10
- Business Writing - 10/11
- Email Etiquette - 11/16
Upcoming Classes with Seats Available:
Pinellas County offers more than 75 training courses in-house which employees may take during work hours with supervisor approval. Topics include Microsoft Office, OPUS, career development, communication, customer service, business skills, leadership, retirement and more.
- Register for classes in OPUS. Log in to OPUS, select PIN OLM Learner and Learner Home:
- Consortium members (non-County employees) should register with their organization's training contact.
- ULearnIT - Online learning resource with 40,000 quick-help videos, 2,500 video courses, and 16,000 books (login | guide | video tips ).
- Microsoft Office 2013 Training - Classes, Quick Start Guides, and Cheat Sheets
- Resource Library - DVDs, CDs and books for self-development or group discussion
- Leadership Notes
- Training Online Resources
- Two-Minute Tuesday Videos
Additional Learning Opportunities:
- Tuition Reimbursement Program – Classes taken on your own time and reimbursed by the county
- Achieve Global - Classes are tailored to a particular organization. Contact Training to request classes to build skills in leadership, problem solving or customer service.
- Certified Public Manager (CPM) – Employees must be nominated by their department director, 2.5 year commitment.
- LEAD - Leadership enhancement and development program for high-potential employees.
- Organizational Development - Trained facilitators are available to help with strategic planning, process improvement, team building and more.
- Public Records Training- Half hour web-based video training on public records procedures.
- Toastmasters Club - Conquer your fear of public speaking by joining the local chapter of Toastmasters (see video ).
- Workshops - New Leader Transition and Department Team Building
- Training & Development