A vital component to making Pinellas County a great place to work is building the necessary skills in our most valuable resource, our employees, so that they can develop into tomorrow's in-house leaders for the emerging and changing workplace.
All documents are in PDF format.
- Social Security and Medicare Overview - 1/28
- Goal Setting Works - 1/29
- Customer Focus- 1/30
- Project Management - 1/30
- Learning on the Fly - 1/31
- Managing Your Career - 1/31
Upcoming Courses with Seats Available:
Pinellas County provides more than 100 courses in-house which employees may take during work hours with supervisor approval. Topics include Microsoft Office, OPUS, career development, communication, customer service, business skills, leadership, retirement and more.
- Register for courses in OPUS. Log in to OPUS, select PIN OLM Learner and Learner Home:
- Consortium members (non-County employees) should register with their organization's training contact.
- ULearnIT - Online learning resource with 40,000 quick-help videos, 2,500 video courses, and 16,000 books (Login | Flyer | User Guide | Manager's Guide | Video Tips ).
- Microsoft Office 2013 Training - Classes, Quick Start Guides, and Cheat Sheets
- Resource Library - DVDs, CDs and books for self-development or group discussion
- Leadership Notes
- Training Online Resources
- Two-Minute Tuesday Videos
Additional Learning Opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement Program – Classes taken on your own time and reimbursed by the County.
- Learning Paths - Now offering a new initiative for professional growth and development available to all employees (guide | video ).
- Certified Public Manager (CPM) – Expand your management skills with the CPM Program or the new Certified Supervisory Manager Program.
- Public Records Training- Half hour web-based video training on public records procedures.
- Toastmasters Club - Conquer your fear of public speaking by joining Toastmasters (see video ).
- Workshops - New Leader Transition and Department Team Building workshops available.
- Organizational & Talent Development