Suggestion Awards Program
The Employee Suggestion Awards Program has been rewarding employees for their suggestions for almost four decades.
The program awards cash to employees with "bright ideas" that improve productivity, efficiency, quality and/or cost effectiveness.
All documents in PDF format.
Who has recently received a Suggestion Award?
Who is eligible to participate?
- All employees in the classified service including temporary and part-time employees are eligible.
- Exempt employees are not eligible.
How will my suggestion be rewarded?
Employees who submit a suggestion that is adopted may receive a cash award of 10% of the estimated cost savings for the first year, up to $2,500.
What suggestions are eligible?
The suggestion should identify a problem or area which could be improved and recommend a remedy or improvement.
What suggestions are not eligible?
Certain suggestions are not eligible for award consideration, including:
- Suggestions that duplicate an idea previously suggested or one that is under consideration.
- Suggestions related to one's normal job duties, e.g. an electrician cannot suggest energy saving light bulbs.
- Suggestions not submitted within two years of the
implementation, or within three years in unusual cases.
For a complete list of non-eligible items, see the Guidelines.
How do I submit a suggestion?
- Complete the Suggestion Form.
- Print the completed form and send it with any supporting documentation (such as photos or sketches) to Human Resources, Attn: Employee Communications via interoffice mail.
What about group suggestions?
- Group suggestions will be considered on the same basis as if the suggestion had been submitted by one employee.
- Any cash award will be divided equally among the employees in the group.
- All group suggesters must sign the Suggestion Form.
How will my suggestion be evaluated?
- Employee suggestions are reviewed four times per year by the Employee Suggestion Awards Committee which includes representatives from the Clerk of the Circuit Court, County Administrator, Property Appraiser, Supervisor of Elections, Tax Collector, Employees’ Advisory Council (two members) and the Director of Human Resources.
- The suggestion will be reviewed by the employee's supervisor/department director to confirm that it is outside of the employee's normal job responsibilities and that the estimated cost savings are accurate (see sample form).
- For more information, see the Employee Suggestion Awards Program Rules and Procedures.
How can I promote this program?
Get the word out to your fellow employees by discussing the program at staff meetings and posting the flyer in the break room.
Contact Employee Communications at (727) 464-3367 or by email.
Return to top