Pinellas County promotes a healthy lifestyle
for its employees through the Wellness Program. Check out these free resources and tips to help you create healthy habits, exercise more, eat better, stay active, reduce stress, stop smoking and much more:
All documents in PDF format.
Back to Basics 2.0 Learning Series - The 2018 series provided fundamentals on developing and maintaining a healthy back.
- Orthopedic Health Support Program: Orthopedic nurse provides guidance and resources at no cost to you (UnitedHealthcare)
- Back exercises:
Creating Healthy Habits
Change a Habit, Change Your Health - The 2019 series taught mini-habit strategies to improve eating habits and overall well-being using principles of the DASH diet (Dietary Approach to Stop Hypertension).
No-cost assistance is available from the following sources to help you with financial planning related to debt, budgeting, retirement, and investments:
- Florida Retirement System (FRS)
- Call MyFRS Financial Guidance Line at (866) 446-9377 to speak with a certified financial planner from Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Visit the FRS website at www.myfrs.com for financial planning resources including webinars and videos.
- Optum (Employee Assistance Program)
- Call Optum at (866) 248-4096 24/7 or visit Optum website at www.liveandworkwell.com (access code: PINELLAS)
- Two free calls with a licensed financial planner
- 25% discount for preparation of tax documents
The Power of Sleep: Your A to ZZZz Guide to Good Health Learning Series - The 2019 series provided information on types of sleep, sleep cycle, connection between sleep and disease, strategies and tools to improve sleep, sleep disorders and treatment options.
Find the Fun
- Gym Discounts
- Local Parks, Trails, and Recreation Options:
- Employee Assistance Program - Get confidential assistance for life's pressures.
Stress-Proof Brain Learning Series - The 2018 series, based on a book by Dr. Melanie Greenberg, provided insights on the brain's physiological response to stress plus practical stress-buster techniques.
- Relieve Stress with the Four A's (Mayo Clinic)
Contact the Wellness Program
(727) 464-3768 or 464-4049
Return to top