Pinellas County offers a variety of classes in order to improve wellness and earn rewards through the Wellness Incentive Program. The classes are open to all employees.
Wellness incentives will be awarded for one series of classes in 2018 (i.e., you may participate in any Wellness Learning or Weight Watchers classes, but you will receive the 25,000 points/$100 cash incentive reward for only one series.)
- Topics for 2018 are Stress-Proof Brain and Back to Basics 2.0. More information coming soon.
- Four weekly one-hour classes.
- You must attend all four classes in the series to be eligible for the wellness incentive of 25,000 reward points or $100 cash.
- If you miss a class, you can make it up by attending the same class (e.g. week 2) at another location.
Weight Watchers offers support to achieve or maintain your desired weight with group meetings, confidential weigh-ins, and tools including a 24/7 chat line and recipes.
- View the Weight Watchers flyer.
- Program includes 12 weeks of classes.
- You must complete 10 out of the 12 classes to be eligible for the wellness incentive of 25,000 reward points or $100 cash.
- Discounted fee of $156.
- Register for future classes.
Wellness Coaching Online Classes
- Offered by United Healthcare, topics include weight loss, nutrition, fitness, stress management, diabetes, and heart health.
- In 2018, the program was expanded to add an online class option in addition to phone coaching.
- Depending on whether you use the online or phone option, you must complete the program requirements to be eligible for the wellness incentive of 12,500 reward points or $50 cash.
- For more info, view the Wellness Coaching flyer.
Tobacco Cessation Classes (NEW FOR 2018)
- Tobacco users who successfully complete a Tobacco Cessation Program will avoid the annual tobacco premium so an additional incentive will not be provided.