Pinellas County offers a variety of classes in order to improve wellness and earn rewards through the Wellness Incentive Program. The classes are open to all employees.
Spouses/partners are not eligible to participate in the Wellness Learning Series or Weight Watchers classes. Spouses/partners may attend tobacco cessation classes but they will not receive reward points or cash.
Wellness incentives will be awarded for one series of classes in 2018 (i.e., you may participate in any series of classes for Wellness Learning, Tobacco Cessation or Weight Watchers, but you will receive the 25,000 points/$100 cash incentive reward for only one.)
- Wellness Learning Series (4 weeks)
- Tobacco Cessation Classes (6 weeks)
- Weight Watchers Classes (12 weeks)
- Topic titles for 2018 are coming soon!
- Four weekly one-hour classes.
- You must attend all four classes in the series to be eligible for the wellness incentive of 25,000 reward points or $100 cash.
- If you miss a class, you can make it up by attending the same class (e.g. week 3) at another location.
If you are ready to quit using tobacco, help is available.
- View the Tobacco Cessation flyer.
- Tobacco Free Florida Area Health Education Center (AHEC) offers Quit Smoking Now classes to employees.
- Spouses/partners may attend the classes but they will not receive reward points or cash.
- Six weekly one-hour classes.
- Free nicotine replacement patches, gum and lozenges are available while supplies last and if medically appropriate.
- You must attend a minimum of five classes to be eligible for the wellness incentive of 25,000 reward points or $100 cash.
Weight Watchers "Beyond the Scale" program offers support to help achieve your desired weight.
- View the Weight Watchers flyer.
- Program includes 12 weeks of classes.
- You must complete 10 out of the 12 classes to be eligible for the wellness incentive of 25,000 reward points or $100 cash.
- Discounted fee of $156.
- Register for future classes.