Pinellas County offers a variety of classes in order to improve wellness and earn rewards through the Wellness Incentive Program. The classes are open to all employees.
Wellness incentives will be awarded for one series of classes in 2018. You may participate in any Wellness Learning or Weight Watchers classes, but you will receive the 25,000 points/$100 cash incentive reward for only one series. This limitation applies to the Wellness Learning Series and Weight Watchers classes, but not to the Wellness Coaching online classes.
- Topics for 2018 are The Stress-Proof Brain and Back to Basics 2.0.
- Each series includes four weekly one-hour classes.
- You must attend all four classes in the series to be eligible for the wellness incentive of 25,000 reward points or $100 cash.
- If you miss a class, you can make it up by attending the same class (e.g. week 2) at another location.
- You may participate in several series; however, the reward is available for completion of one series only.
Series #1 - The Stress-Proof Brain
The Stress-Proof Brain series has ended but you can watch the videos and access links to stress-reduction resources on our Wellness Resources page.
The Back to Basics 2.0 series has ended. Class videos are coming soon. View class materials:
Weight Watchers offers support to achieve or maintain your desired weight with group meetings, confidential weigh-ins, and tools including a 24/7 chat line and recipes.
- Weight Watchers series beginning September 27 at the Utilities building in downtown Clearwater.
- View the Weight Watchers flyer.
- Program includes 12 weeks of classes.
- You must complete 10 out of the 12 classes to be eligible for the wellness incentive of 25,000 reward points or $100 cash.
- Discounted fee of $156.
Wellness Coaching Online Classes
- Offered by UnitedHealthcare, topics include weight loss, nutrition, fitness, stress management, diabetes, and heart health.
- In 2018, the program was expanded to add an online class option in addition to phone coaching.
- Depending on whether you use the online or phone option, you must complete the program requirements to be eligible for the wellness incentive of 12,500 reward points or $50 cash.
- For more info, view the Wellness Coaching flyer.
Tobacco Cessation Classes (NEW FOR 2018)
- Tobacco users who successfully complete a Tobacco Cessation Program will avoid the annual tobacco premium so an additional incentive will not be provided.