2018 Wellness Incentive Program
The road to wellness is rewarding!
Pinellas County is committed to creating a work environment where employees can thrive and reach their maximum potential. Establishing a culture of wellness helps you and your family stay healthy, which keeps insurance costs down for you and for the County. The Wellness Incentive Program offers employees and their spouses/partners the opportunity to participate in activities that improve well-being and earn rewards.
All documents are in PDF format.
How does the program work?
- There are many incentive activities available:
What rewards are available?
Who is eligible?
- Permanent employees are eligible for the Wellness Incentive Program.
- Employees enrolled in the Pinellas County health
plan are eligible for all of the activities.
- Employees who opt out of health coverage are eligible
for the activities except those requiring enrollment in our United Healthcare plan (Wellness Coaching, Chronic Condition Management, and Maternity Support).
- Spouses and domestic partners who are enrolled in the Pinellas County health plan are eligible for incentive activities except the Wellness Learning Series and Weight Watchers.
What is new in 2018?
- View a quick summary of Wellness Incentives 2018: What's New? (Two-Minute Tuesday series)
- Additional Incentive for Annual Physical - Last year there was one incentive offered for an annual physical or a preventive screening. Now there are incentives available for both.
- TrackThis! Tracking System - In 2018, you can use TrackThis! to easily input your data not only for the Get Fit Challenge, but also for the Fruit & Veggie Challenge and the Nutrition Challenge.
- Wellness Coaching - The previous Chat with a Coach program has been expanded to fit your needs. You can chat with a coach by phone, take online classes, or a combination of both — it's your choice.
- Tobacco Cessation Incentive - Beginning in 2018, tobacco users are subject to an annual tobacco premium. Those who successfully complete a tobacco cessation program will avoid the premium so an additional $100 incentive will not be provided.
What is Rally?
In addition to the Wellness Incentive Program, Pinellas County offers two health insurance premium differentials to its employees for healthy activities:
Biometric Screening and Health Survey
Employees who complete an annual biometric screening and online health survey will earn a preferred premium, and avoid a $500 surcharge for health insurance in the upcoming year. Learn more:
Employees who use tobacco products will be charged a $600 annual tobacco premium unless they complete a tobacco cessation program. Learn more:
Return to top