Employee Voice 2017 Survey
The biennial employee survey is your opportunity to tell us about your experience working at Pinellas County.
We are very pleased to report that the overall response rate for 2017 was 74%, up from 58% in 2015. That’s a 16% increase. Thank you to everyone who took the time to complete the 2017 Employee Voice Survey.
- 89% of Unified Personnel System (UPS) employees are likely to recommend working for Pinellas County.
- Respondents rated 57 of 60 questions favorably (over 50% positive ratings).
- Many items improved at least three percentage points this year compared to the 2015 results such as:
- Rewarding/recognizing high-performing employees (51% in 2017 versus 27% in 2015)
- Dealing with low-performing employees (43% in 2017 versus 24% in 2015)
- Defining department performance objectives (67% in 2017 versus 49% in 2015)
- Applying discipline fairly and consistently (54% in 2017 versus 35% in 2015)
- Receiving recognition or praise in the last quarter (75% in 2017 versus 61% in 2015)
- Items rated favorably by less than 50%:
- Dealing with low-performing employees (43% positive)
- Compensation (salary and benefits) compared with similar opportunities (46% positive)
- The highest rated item was Maintaining a work environment that is free of drug or alcohol abuse. (92% positive)
- The lowest rated item was There is a connection between compensation and performance. (35% positive)
Return to top