The Classified Service is represented by an Employees' Advisory Council (EAC) which is established by the Unified Personnel Act, Florida Statutes 77-642, Section 7. The organization and membership of the Council is established in the EAC Bylaws.
- List of EAC Members
2018 EAC Elections
The results of the elections for EAC Representatives will be published in the December issue of The Pen and may be viewed below:
For more info, contact EAC Chair Charles Toney at 582-2382 or by email.
- Officers & Committees
- Meeting Agendas & Minutes
- Mission Statement & Pledge
- Employee Advocate Program
- Email your Representative
- The EAC Council meets monthly and serves in an advisory capacity to the Personnel Board and the Director of Human Resources concerning personnel matters, policies, rules, and regulations affecting Pinellas County employees.
- The EAC is also charged with developing and recommending ideas related to working conditions, morale, public image, efficiency, employee safety, and employee benefit programs. Perhaps the EAC's greatest responsibility is to speak directly and candidly to the Personnel Board on behalf of the classified employees.
- The Director of Human Resources acts as a liaison between the Personnel Board and the Employee Advisory Council.
- The Employees' Advisory Council is responsible for appointing two members of the Personnel Board.
- The EAC members are elected to two-year terms by their fellow employees.
All documents provided in PDF format.
2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Training Room 429
(3rd Wednesday each month)
8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
Pinellas County Extension
12520 Ulmerton Road, Largo
Previous EAC Minutes (2016-2017)
The mission of the Pinellas County Employees' Advisory Council (EAC) is to continually improve the Pinellas County classified employees' quality of work life by interacting cooperatively with the Appointing Authorities, advocating the views of classified employees, and by delivering candid, effective feedback to the Personnel Board on how employees perceive proposed Board actions affecting them.