Pinellas County’s vision plan is administered by Davis Vision. Employees pay no additional contribution for vision benefits; these are included in the payroll health deduction.
All documents are in PDF format.
- Go to www.DavisVision.com/Member.
- First time: Select Register below the Submit button on the right side. For the ID#, enter your member ID number from your ID card or your social security number (no dashes).
- Returning users: Enter your username and password in the Member Sign In section.
- Customer Service: Call Davis Vision toll-free at (800) 999-5431 for automated help 24/7 or live help from Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 11 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., or Sunday 12 noon to 4 p.m.
- Lenscrafters does not participate in the Davis Vision plan.
- Visionworks, with locations throughout Pinellas County, is available in addition to many other providers.
- To access a Davis Vision Provider List, log into the website (see below) and select Find a Provider to search by zip code, county, city or the provider's name.
- Davis Vision provides ID cards to members when you enroll.
- If you lose your ID card, call Davis Vision toll-free at (800) 999-5431 or login to www.DavisVision.com, select Access Benefits & Forms, then select Membership Card to print your card.
Abbreviated information is shown below. For detailed information, view the Davis Vision Plan Benefits Summary.
Basic Eye Examination:
- $10 copay per calendar year for vision exam
- $20 copay per calendar year for clear plastic lenses in single, bifocal, trifocal or lenticular prescription
- See Benefits Summary for additional information on options, coatings, and progressive/transition lenses
Eyeglass Frames (select one option):
- Davis Vision frames: No cost for Fashion or Designer frames (retail value up to $160); $25 copay for Premium frames
- Visionworks frames: $160 allowance and 20% off any balance
- General frame allowance: $110 allowance and 20% off any balance
Contact Lenses in Lieu of Eyeglasses (select one option for purchase):
- Evaluation, fitting and follow-up care: Free except for specialty contacts which have a $60 allowance plus 15% off balance
- Davis Vision contact lenses: Four boxes planned replacement or eight boxes disposable
- Contact lenses allowance: $100 allowance and 15% off balance
- Visually required contact lenses: Covered in full with prior approval
Use the Davis Vision Out-of-Network Claims Form for services from an out-of-network
provider. Submit the form to Davis Vision for reimbursement, up to the following amounts:
- Eye exam: $40
- Single vision lenses: $40
- Bifocal: $60
- Trifocal: $80
- Lenticular: $100
- Frame: $50
- Elective contacts: $105
- Visually required contacts: $225
LASIK or PRK
- You must request a confirmation from Davis Vision first before scheduling your laser vision correction service.
- Discount of up to 25% off the provider’s customary fee, or, an additional 5% discount off advertised specials for laser vision correction - whichever results in a lower price, at a participating location (some providers have flat fees equivalent to these discounts). OR
- A one-time/lifetime allowance of $562.50 per eye is available.
Do I go to a Davis Vision provider if I need eye drops,
have an eye infection or have injured my eyes?
No. The vision care benefit covers only
eye examinations, corrective eyewear and LASIK/PRK.
Services related to medical or surgical treatment
of eye disease or injury are not covered under Davis Vision.
Contact a UnitedHealthcare medical provider for services related to conditions and injuries to the eyes.
Where can I go for a vision exam?
Log into the website at www.DavisVision.com/Member and select Find a Provider, or call (800) 999-5431.
What if my current provider is not in the Davis network?
Davis Vision contracts with an extensive network of providers in the marketplace. Please note that Lenscrafters does not participate in the Davis Vision plan. However, Visionworks, with locations throughout Pinellas County, is available through Davis Vision, in addition to many other providers. If your current provider is not in their network, you may select a new provider or use the out-of-network reimbursement option.
How often may I have a vision exam?
You are entitled to a basic comprehensive vision
exam once per calendar year for a $10 copay.
How often may I purchase
Eyeglass lenses and frames may be purchased once per calendar year.
Can I get vision services if I am out
Yes. Davis Vision is a nationwide program.
To locate a provider, log into the website at www.DavisVision.com/Member and select Find a Provider or call (800) 999-5431.
Will I have to pay more than a $20
copay when I purchase eyeglasses?
Clear plastic lenses are covered under the $20
copay including single vision, bifocal, trifocal or lenticular lenses. Progressive and transitional lenses
have a higher price, and you would have to
pay the difference over the allowance at a preferred
pricing rate or a flat copay if using Davis Vision materials.
The plan offers a frame allowance
up to $110 retail. If you select a frame over
$110, then the amount over $110 would be discounted
If you purchase a Davis Vision Collection Frame there is no cost for the Fashion and Designer frames and a $25 copay for the Premium frames.
May I purchase extra features such as scratch
resistant coating or tinting?
Yes, but there is no cost for these features if your provider uses Davis Vision materials. The cost will vary if you receive services at other providers which use their own labs.
Will my contact fitting fee be covered?
Yes. Contact fitting is free of charge for Davis Vision Collection standard soft contacts. There is a $60 allowance plus 15% off the balance for specialty contacts.
May I use my vision benefit to purchase both eyeglasses and contacts?
No. You may purchase either eyeglasses or contacts.
Return to top