Retiree: Behavioral Health Plan
Need some help with life's pressures? Retirees may access confidential assistance through one of two programs depending on your health plan option:
Non-Medicare Eligible Retirees:
Retirees enrolled in the UnitedHealthcare Choice Plus POS or the Choice Plus HSA are covered by the Pinellas County Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Managed Behavioral Health Benefits Program administered by ComPsych GuidanceResources.
Contact ComPsych GuidanceResources by phone toll-free at (866) 615-3047 seven days a week, 24 hours a day (number is also listed on the back of your UnitedHealthcare ID card.)
How much does it cost?
- There is no cost. Assistance is free for all retirees and members of your household.
- These benefits are included in your health premium deduction. You pay no additional contribution amounts for EAP and Managed Behavioral Health benefits.
Is it confidential?
Yes. The Employee Assistance Program and Managed Behavioral Health benefits are entirely confidential.
How do I request help?
- Contact ComPsych GuidanceResources toll-free at (866) 615-3047 or
- Go to the ComPsych website.
- When you visit the website for the first time, select I am a first-time user and type PINELLASCOUNTY for the Organization Web ID. Then create a username and password for future logins.
What services are available?
Help is available to retirees and members of their household for issues such as stress, relationship conflicts, job pressures, grief, substance abuse, problems with children, etc., including:
- Counseling on personal issues
- Financial counseling such as debt management, retirement planning and estate planning
- Legal support including a free 30-minute consultation with an attorney
- Referrals for care of children, elderly parents or pets
- Resources for college planning, home repair, major purchases or moving
- behavioral health and substance abuse treatment
Resources include referrals, articles, videos, pod casts, self-assessments and a live chat feature. For more information, see the ComPsych GuidanceResources flyer.
Is short-term counseling available?
The Employee Assistance Program provides short-term problem resolution for everyday challenges such as stress, relationships and other personal situations as well as financial and legal support.
Coverage is provided for:
- Up to six (6) free visits for initial assessment counseling and early intervention treatment.
What about long-term managed behavioral health care, such as hospitalization?
Long-term problem resolution is available for diagnosed behavioral health conditions such as clinical depression or addiction to drugs. Coverage is based on your health insurance as shown:
- Choice Plus POS enrollees have a $10 copay per visit with their in network provider
- Choice Plus HSA enrollees charges are subject to their deductible and coinsurance
- Choice Plus POS enrollees are subject to a $100 deductible and 10% coinsurance
- Choice Plus HSA enrollees are subject to their deductible and coinsurance
Medicare Eligible Retirees:
Retirees enrolled in UnitedHealthcare's Medicare Advantage PPO plan are covered by confidential behavioral health services as shown:
- Group therapy visit: $10 copay
- Individual therapy visit: $15 copay
- The plan covers up to 190 days in a lifetime for inpatient behavioral health care in a psychiatric hospital.
- $50 copay per stay, up to 190 days
What if I have questions?
- Contact UnitedHealthcare Member Services at the toll-free number for Medicare retirees: (800) 457-8506 (number is also listed on the back of your ID card).
- Call the free NurseLine at (877) 365-7949 for non-emergency health care concerns (number is also listed on the back of your ID card).
- Visit UnitedHealthcare at www.uhcretiree.com
Return to top