Retiree: Behavioral Health Plan
Pinellas County provides confidential assistance with life's pressures to its retirees. Retirees may access assistance through one of two programs depending on Medicare eligibility.
All documents are in PDF format.
Non-Medicare Eligible Retirees
Retirees enrolled in the UnitedHealthcare Choice Plus POS or the Choice Plus HSA are covered by the Pinellas County Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Managed Behavioral Health Benefits Program administered by ComPsych GuidanceResources.
NOTE: The phone number is listed on the back of your UnitedHealthcare ID card.
When you visit the website for the first time:
- Select the Register tab, and type PINELLASCOUNTY for the Organization Web ID.
- Create a user name and password for future logins.
Use the website to:
- Connect with a consultant
- Access articles, podcasts, videos and other resources
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
What is the Employee Assistance Program?
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides short-term problem resolution services to help you and your family with everyday challenges as well as financial and legal support.
How much does it cost?
- There is no cost. Assistance is free for all retirees on the County's Group Health Plan and your covered family members.
- These benefits are included in your health premium deduction.
What coverage is available from the Employee Assistance Program?
Coverage is provided for:
- Up to six (6) free visits for initial assessment counseling and early intervention treatment.
What services can I get from the Employee Assistance Program?
- Counseling on personal issues
- Financial counseling such as debt management, retirement planning and estate planning
- Legal support including a free 30-minute consultation with an attorney and online preparation of a will
- Referrals for care of children, elderly parents or pets
- Resources for college planning, home repair, major purchases or moving
- Mental health and substance abuse treatment
- Online training about topics such as stress, parenting and time management
- Online resources such as articles, videos, e-books, self-assessment tools, and a chat feature
- Presentations for employee groups, such as a staff meeting, on over 100 topics including parenting, older adult care, and personal development (view ComPsych Speaker Topics).
For more information, see the ComPsych GuidanceResources flyer.
Can members of my family use these services?
Yes. Free assistance is available for your covered family members.
Managed Behavioral Health Program
What is the Managed Behavioral Health Program?
- In addition to the EAP's short-term problem resolution services, you have access to long-term problem resolution with the Managed Behavioral Health Program.
- Inpatient or outpatient services are available for diagnosed behavioral health conditions such as clinical depression or addiction to drugs.
How much does it cost, and what coverage is available?
Cost is based on your health insurance as shown:
- Outpatient Services
- Point of Service (POS) enrollees have a $10 copay per visit with their in-network provider.
- Consumer Driven Plan with Health Savings Account (HSA) enrollees charges are subject to their deductible and coinsurance.
- Inpatient Services
- Point of Service (POS) enrollees are subject to a $100 deductible and 10% coinsurance.
- Consumer Driven Plan with Health Savings Account (HSA) enrollees are subject to their deductible and coinsurance.
View the Health Reform and Mental Health Parity Notice
Medicare Eligible Retirees
Retirees enrolled in UnitedHealthcare's Medicare Advantage PPO plan are covered by confidential behavioral health services as shown:
- Group therapy visit: $10 copay
- Individual therapy visit: $15 copay
- The plan covers up to 190 days in a lifetime for inpatient behavioral health care in a psychiatric hospital.
- $50 copay per stay, up to 190 days
What if I have questions?
- Contact UnitedHealthcare Member Services at the toll-free number for Medicare retirees: (800) 457-8506 (number is also listed on the back of your ID card).
- Call the free NurseLine at (877) 365-7949 for non-emergency health care concerns (number is also listed on the back of your ID card).
- Visit UnitedHealthcare at www.uhcretiree.com
Return to top