Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
and Managed Mental Health Program
Need some help? Employees can access confidential assistance for life's pressures including personal and work issues. Pinellas County’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Managed Mental Health benefits are administered by ComPsych GuidanceResources.
Contact ComPsych GuidanceResources by phone toll-free at (866) 615-3047 seven days a week, 24 hours a day (number is also listed on the back of your United Healthcare ID card.)
How much does it cost?
- There is no cost. Assistance is free for all employees and members of your household.
- These benefits are included in your payroll health premium deduction. You pay no additional contribution amounts for EAP and Managed Mental Health benefits.
- Employees who opt out of the County’s medical coverage are also eligible for EAP at no fee.
Is it confidential?
Yes. The Employee Assistance Program and Managed Mental Health benefits are entirely confidential.
How do I request help?
- Contact ComPsych GuidanceResources toll-free at (866) 615-3047 or
- Go to the ComPsych website.
- When you visit the website for the first time, select I am a first-time user and type PINELLASCOUNTY for the Organization Web ID. Then create a username and password for future logins.
What services are available?
Help is available to all employees and members of their household for personal and work-life issues, such as stress, relationship conflicts, job pressures, grief, substance abuse, problems with children, etc., including:
- Counseling on personal issues
- Financial counseling such as debt management, retirement planning and estate planning
- Legal support including a free 30-minute consultation with an attorney and online preparation of a will
- Referrals for care of children, elderly parents or pets
- Resources for college planning, home repair, major purchases or moving
- Mental health and substance abuse treatment
- Online training about topics such as stress, parenting and time management
- Presentations for employee groups (such as a staff meeting) on over 100 topics including parenting, older adult care, and personal development. View ComPsych Speaker Topics.
Resources include articles, videos, e-books, self-assessment tools, and a chat feature. For more information, see the ComPsych GuidanceResources flyer.
Can members of my family use these services?
Yes. Assistance is free for you and all members of your household.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Short-term problem resolution services are available to help you and your family with everyday challenges. These include stress, relationships and other personal situations as well as financial and legal support.
Coverage is provided for:
- Up to six (6) free visits for initial assessment counseling and early intervention treatment.
Managed Mental Health Program
Long-term problem resolution is available for diagnosed mental health conditions such as clinical depression or addiction to drugs. Coverage is based on your health insurance as shown:
- Point of Service (POS) enrollees have a $10 copay per visit with their in-network provider.
- Consumer Driven Plan with Health Savings Account (HSA) enrollees charges are subject to their deductible and coinsurance.
- Point of Service (POS) enrollees are subject to a $100 deductible and 10% coinsurance.
- Consumer Driven Plan with Health Savings Account (HSA) are subject to their deductible and coinsurance.
Return to top