COBRA (Continuation of Coverage)
Pinellas County provides COBRA benefits through Discovery Benefits.
All documents are in PDF format.
Contact Discovery Benefits
- The Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) gives Pinellas County employees the right to a temporary extension of health, dental and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) benefits for themselves and/or covered dependents if you lose group plan coverage in certain instances, such as termination of employment.
- View the Legal Notice.
- For more information, see:
- COBRA participants pay the full cost of coverage which includes the employee and employer portion of the premium, plus an administrative fee.
- View the COBRA Premium Chart.
If you or your dependent experiences a qualifying loss of coverage, our COBRA administrator, Discovery Benefits, will mail to your home address:
- COBRA qualifying event notice
- Enrollment information
Return to top