The Housing Finance Authority of Pinellas County (HFA) helps families and individuals in Pinellas County purchase their first home. The HFA's mission is to assure that financing for affordable housing remains available to the residents of Pinellas County. The HFA has also provided funding for the development of affordable multi-family housing for residents who desire rental opportunities.
In the News:
- Palms of Pinellas – a Penny for Pinellas Land Assembly Fund workforce housing project
- Garden Trail Apartments – a Penny for Pinellas Land Assembly Fund workforce housing project
- Housing Floridians -
A special program for households at or below 80% of the Area Median Income (AMI)
In partnership with First Home Bank and Center State Bank.
If you are purchasing a home in Pinellas, Pasco or Polk County and are income qualified you could
receive a grant equal to 50% of the down payment assistance loan received through the Housing Finance Authority’s Home Key Plus Program .
Look on the Approved Lenders List for contact information for First Home Bank and CenterState Bank.
- Single family homes and apartments available for rent in the Lealman Heights area. For other available properties, see mixed income rental properties.
- Request for Applications: for developers
- Notice of Funding Availability: for developers
- Special District Information
Home Buyer Programs: for individuals
- First Time Home Buyer Program
If you have never owned a home, have not owned a home in the past three years, or are a veteran, you may qualify. Down payment and closing cost assistance is available with the Home Key Plus 2nd Mortgage. This is a limited time offer.
- Target Area Home Buyer Program
Special program for persons who are not necessarily first time home buyers to purchase homes in certain 'target areas". The program offers higher purchase price limits and higher income limits.
Home Buyer Classes / Lenders:
- Homebuyer Classes
Learn how to avoid costly mistakes when purchasing your first home, how to save on energy costs, how much house you can afford and more. Attending a class is a requirement for some programs. Classes are offered in all three counties.
- Approved Lenders
An approved loan officer or lender can advise you on the program that best fits your needs. In addition to providing you with a pre-approval on your mortgage, the lender will also be able to tell you how much mortgage you can afford. Call (727) 223-6419 to be referred to an approved HFA Lender.
Developers / Builders:
The Housing Finance Authority of Pinellas County is committed to working with partners wanting to develop multi-family projects. If you have a project please contact us to discuss it. Please call (727) 223-6419 or (727) 223-6418 or contact us.
Neighborhood Stabilization Program:
- NSP2 Action Plan - The funding is part of a $50 million award to Florida Suncoast Partners, a consortium consisting of Neighborhood Lending Partners, Pasco County and Pinellas County.
Media / Radio / Videos:
- Radio show highlights - HFA on WRXB 1590 AM -
broadcast every first Thursday...now you can enjoy the show anytime on YouTube!