Potable water, wastewater and reuse, surface water management
Pinellas County Educational Initiatives:
- Water conservation education for the consumer, including tips to save water indoors and outdoors,
leak detection information, videos, brochures, and more.
- Tour the Utilities Water Quality Laboratory and Logan Pumping Station – See how water is tested, and see the pumps that help move drinking water through the distribution system.
- Florida Yards and Neighborhoods - The Florida-Friendly Landscaping™ program is designed to assist and guide residents to conserve water in the landscape and make positive changes in the environmental quality of their yards, neighborhoods, and surrounding waterways.
- Grease: Your Sink’s Worst Nightmare! – Education to help residents avoid clogged pipes and costly sewer backups.
- Utilities publications, such as the Leak Detector Guide, Indoor Water Savers Guide, Outdoor Water Savers Guide, and others, help consumers learn more about water conservation.
Pinellas County Programs and Best Practices:
- Reclaimed water – Highly treated wastewater produced through an advanced wastewater treatment process that eliminates harmful byproducts while retaining beneficial elements, such as nitrogen, for irrigating landscapes.
Pinellas County Policy and Directives:
All about your property,
neighborhood and local
fire depts., schools,
hospitals and more.