The Green Pinellas web pages highlight the actions of county government to promote a greener, more sustainable environment. Each category includes brief summaries and Web links to the county’s green educational initiatives, programs, best practices, policies and directives, as well as helpful links to outside resources.
Pinellas County Earns Honors for Green Efforts
Need Your Input
In 2014, the Florida Green Building Coalition recognized Pinellas County with a Green Achievement Award for taking top honors as the highest scoring county. Eligibility is based upon those local governments which achieved certification during the prior year. Pinellas County is one of 10 local governments within the county that participates in the FGBC program and is the only Gold certified local government in the county. Among the 73 local governments participating in the FBGC program, Pinellas County is the 4th highest scoring local government statewide.
Winners were announced at the Green Trends conference in Sarasota and the award was presented to the BCC by FGBC coordinator Suzanne Cook.
Pinellas County Highlights:
- Includes county’s environmental commitment in the mission statement and comprehensive plan to provide long term direction for sustainability efforts.
- Offers free and discounted green products to the public
- Offers incentives for green certification of land development project
- Utilizes solar and LED in street, crosswalk and traffic lights
Planning Today for a Sustainable Tomorrow:
This document is a compendium of all the Goals, Objectives, and Policies contained in the adopted Comprehensive Plan of Pinellas County. There are 13 Elements contained in that Plan, and each of those documents includes a comprehensive inventory and analysis in support of the Goals, Objectives, and Policies on that subject. The policy pertaining to establishing the Concurrency Management System for Pinellas County and the procedures for monitoring and evaluating the Plan are also included. It is, therefore, the intent of this Compendium to place all of the policy text in one location for reference by the public.
- Pinellas County Comprehensive Plan
- Requirements Related to Energy Efficiency and Climate Change
- Implementing the New Local Planning Requirements
- Pinellas County’s “Green” Policies