The Water and Navigation section handles the permitting of docks and dredge and fill projects in both the unincorporated areas of Pinellas County as well as within municipal limits. The types of projects which require permits from Water and Navigation include:
- private single-family docks, multi-use docks, commercial docks
- tie poles
- all dredging or filling within the waters of Pinellas County
Projects are reviewed for environmental impacts, navigational impacts, construction requirements, as well as consistency with the Pinellas County Water and Navigation Code .
- For the most current copy of our paper application, please call (727) 453-3385 or email WaterNavPermits@pinellascounty.org.
- To apply online for any of the projects listed above, please visit the Pinellas County Access Portal at www.pinellascounty.org/access-portal.
Disposal Procedure of Dock Pilings
For proper disposal of dock pilings, telephone poles, and railroad ties:
- CCA-treated lumber must be disposed of in a permitted landfill. It cannot be disposed of with household trash.
- An appointment is required for disposal. To schedule a disposal appointment, please call (727) 464-7500.
- A minimum of 48-hours notice is required to arrange for delivery.
- Disposal criteria:
- Must be cut to 4-foot or less in length
- Must be in a segregated load by themselves; no other trash mixed in
- Must be free of electrical wires, metal attachments and decking
- Loads not meeting the above critera will be rejected.
- In addition to the disposal fee, there is a $110 Special Handling Service Fee per load.
For questions, contact Janie Armstrong at firstname.lastname@example.org.