Fertilizer & Landscape Information
- June 1 - September 30: Skip the fertilizer during the summer rainy season.
- Near waterfront: Fertilizer-Free zone begins 10 feet back from the top of the slope towards any seawall or body of water. Fertilizer Free Zone
- Landscape maintenance: Blow grass clippings, sand, and leaves back in the yard.
- Irrigation: Reclaimed water is liquid nutrients. Conserve water and skip the fertilizer. Reduce fertilizer use
- Homeowner Landscape Class: Sign up today for the next scheduled class and learn best practices for landscape maintenance.
Incorrect use of fertilizer and poor landscape debris management can allow nutrients to leach into the groundwater and wash into storm drains that flow to creeks, lakes, Tampa Bay, or the Gulf of Mexico. Tips for proper yard debris disposal
Excess nutrients can cause harmful algae blooms, which lower oxygen levels and lead to fish kills. The treatment to remove these nutrients costs taxpayers millions of dollars each year. Nutrient pollutions can be controlled with your help. An ounce of prevention is worth a ton of cure!
Refer to Retailers & Distributors of Fertilizer for information specifically about the retail sale of fertilizer.
Landscape Maintenance & Fertilizer Use Ordinance:
Commercial Landscape Maintenance Professionals:
Fertilizer Applicator Professionals:
- Green Industry BMP: Do you get paid to apply fertilizer? All intended applicators must complete the GIBMP class and obtain the FDACS license before applying fertilizers.