Retailers & Distributors of Fertilizer
Pinellas County Fertilizer Ordinance No. 10-06 addresses the
Retail Sale of Fertilizer Containing Nitrogen or Phosphorous.
Excessive or improper use of fertilizer in landscapes is a significant source of excess nutrients to local waterways.
The following are details of the Retail Sale Section 58-482 that will help your business stay in compliance with Pinellas County’s Fertilizer Ordinance:
- Retailers cannot sell any fertilizer that contains nitrogen or phosphorous between June 1 – September 30 each year.
- Granular fertilizers with nitrogen must contain at least 50% slow release nitrogen.
- Retailers must post a notice about this ordinance. Please print one of these notices and post where fertilizer is displayed for sale.
- Pinellas County soils have naturally occurring phosphorous; therefore, fertilizers containing phosphorous cannot be applied in Pinellas County, unless a soil analysis test indicates a need.
- Approved for retail sale during the restricted period: Composts, potting soils, seed mixes, mineral and soil amendments including iron, magnesium, potassium, etc.
Pinellas County provides professionally printed free materials to help you educate your customers. Request by emailing email@example.com.
Return to top