After extensive review of the growing funding deficits and the failure of internal discussions with local cities, fire districts, and the firefighter unions to resolve these pressing issues, Pinellas County retained the services of IPS, an experienced firm specializing in Emergency Medical System (EMS) and fire rescue system and process design, to objectively review its EMS system.
IPS' principle conclusion focuses on creating fairness in the funding to all 18 fire departments throughout Pinellas County and protecting the current level of service to all citizens. IPS’ preliminary findings and recommendations may be read here.
- EMS Fire Transport Committee Meeting
All information is in pdf format unless noted.
- BCC Meeting 07/24/11
- BCC Meeting 12/20/11
- BCC Meeting 12/06/11
- Comparing Exisiting Private Transport to Proposed Firefighter Transport
- Letters from Hospitals
- Senator Latvala Announces Delegation Meeting
- Pinellas County EMS and City of St. Petersburg Joint Collaborative
- Emergency Medical Services Work Session
- Email to: Mayors, Fire District Chairs, City Managers and other EMS System Stakeholders
- EMS Forecast Update 05-26-11
- EMS Report Interim Version2 05-03-11
- Fire Transport Proposals /Analysis
and Evaluation 09-26-11
- News Articles and Editorial Opinions
- Request a Speaker
- Comments, questions or concerns