Staying connected to important information can help you, your family and your business survive the storm.
Pinellas County’s Community Notification Service is FREE to our residents and will give us multiple ways to get the word to you whenever an emergency situation arises. All you have to do is register your contact information with the CodeRED Emergency Notification Service and an automated message will be sent to alert you to local emergencies.
- Your contact information will remain protected and confidential.
- Subscribers will receive a notification on each contact method they provide to us.
- Each member of your household that would like to receive emergency notifications can register with this FREE service.
- An automated system will call land lines and cell phones at the same time an e-mail and text message will go out, so you could receive four notifications, but we would rather you know than not know!
- The Community Notificaiton Service network allows us to send out alerts to the County as a whole and to specific smaller geographic areas.
- It’s easy to sign up for this FREE service: https://public.coderedweb.com/CNE/455136DCE8F8
- This is a secure web site so your information is protected! If the internet is not available, you can call 866-484-3264 to sign up.
- This community notification service is provided to the citizens of Pinellas by Pinellas County’s Emergency Management Department to provide information in the event of an emergency situation.
Please Note: Due to the change to Community Notification Service from our previous automated calling system Ready Alert, residents will need to re-register.
Hurricane & Safety News E-Lert -
An award-winning monthly newsletter that provides the latest emergency education information compiled from local and national sources. During emergencies, subscribers will receive emergency bulletins and instructions.
addresses are public records under Florida
law and are not exempt from public-records
requirements. If you do not want your e-mail
address to be subject to being released pursuant
to a public-records request, do not send electronic
mail to this entity. Instead contact this office
or in writing, via the United States Postal
Watch PCC-TV Hurricane Videos
Pinellas County Connection TV (PCC-TV) produces hurricane educational and informational programs that are available through steaming video 24-hours a day at the PCC-TV web page. See hurricane video page.
During an activation of the Emergency Operations Center, PCC-TV will air live coverage of all press briefings. Watch PCC-TV live.
Speakers & Presentations
Pinellas County has expert speakers who make presentations by request to community groups, schools, employers and events. Available presentations.
Weather Alert Radio Saves Lives
Severe weather can often strike quickly, even during the very early morning hours. An alarm from a weather alert radio can mean the difference between life and death because every minute counts in that kind of situation. Pinellas County Emergency Management staff strongly urges residents to buy a weather alert radio. Just like a smoke alarm, this radio can save your life. Weather alert radios can be found at many retailers, in catalogs and online.