Eco Fun Festival is a family-friendly event that features tours of Pinellas County’s Solid Waste Disposal Facility, environmentally-themed exhibitors, equipment demonstrations, electric vehicles, giveaways, food vendors and the ever-popular Touch-a-Truck exhibit in a dedicated green space within the facility. The event will be hosted by Pinellas County Department of Solid Waste on February 25, 2018, from 11 a.m. until 4 p.m. The event entrance is located at 11418 34th St. N. in Clearwater. Free parking is provided. The event is free, open to the public, and is intended for guests of all ages.
Photos from this year's event are now available.
The goal of the Eco Fun Festival is to showcase the many options residents have to make positive environmental changes in their lifestyle, homes and community. These positive changes can add up and have a big impact on preserving our local environment.
Pinellas County leads by example and
is committed to modeling a “low waste” event. The Eco Fun Festival is structured to divert as much waste as possible from the disposal facility.
- Guests will leave with a clear understanding of the waste elimination process and be able to sort waste properly, which is why we offer three Waste Stations staffed by educators to coach visitors in sorting and monitor each waste station to ensure proper sorting.
- We work with food vendors prior to the event to commit to using recyclable and compostable materials and to eliminate disposable goods.
- To eliminate single-use plastic water bottles, we offer drinking water stations and encourage guests to bring a reusable water bottle. If guests forget to bring a water bottle, reusable water bottles made from recycled plastic will be provided. Four water stations are provided; each water station is equivalent to diverting 2,000 plastic water bottles from other means of disposal.
- Printed materials are kept to a minimum through use of centrally-located information stations. Guests are encourage to take a picture of information, such as the event map and tours times. Printed paper is made from 100% recycled content paper.
- A Waste Analysis will be conducted to find out how green our festival was. If at least 90% of waste is diverted, Eco Fun Festival will be a certified “zero waste” event.
The festival will benefit the local community by offering examples of higher and better uses of our natural resources, such as demonstrating electric vehicles (EV) and the local availability of EV charging stations. Florida Tesla
Enthusiasts will display a variety of models of Tesla EVs. Exhibitors will offer a peek inside a real beehive to understand the importance of bees to our food system, demonstrating which materials belong (and don’t belong) in our wastewater collection systems and much more.
Pinellas County Department of Solid Waste joins with its municipal, non-profit, and private sector partners to bring Eco Fun Festival to residents.
What to Know
What: Eco Fun Festival, a family-friendly outdoor event featuring tours, environmental exhibitors, Touch-a-Truck, electric vehicle display, giveaways, and food vendors
Where: Pinellas County Solid Waste, 11418 34th St. N., Clearwater
When: Sunday, February 25, 2018, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Cost: Free to enter, prices vary for food
Parking: Free parking onsite
Contact: Call (727) 464-7500 for more information
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
All ages are welcome. Activities are available for all ages.
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
Free parking is available on-site. Free on-site transportation is provided by Jolley Trolley.
What can I bring into the event?
- Service animals are welcome. Please no pets, alcohol, drones, or firearms.
- Bring your own water bottle to help reduce waste. Drinking water will be provided.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes and sunscreen.
- Come ready to ask exhibitors questions!
How do I sign up for a facility tour?
Facility (bus) tours are offered throughout the day. Tours are 45 minutes long. Busses hold up to 45 people. Tours are offered on a first come, first serve basis. Tour times are as follows:
Wheelchair Accessible Bus
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please call (727) 464-7500 for more information.