The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) is undertaking an US Alt 19 Corridor Study. You can find information regarding this Study on their Alternate US 19 (SR 595) Corridor Studies project webpage. Please look for opportunities to share your comments, including through their Virtual Comment Tool.
Master Plan Update:
The County is pursing potential updates to the Downtown Historic Palm Harbor Master Plan In 2001, Pinellas County adopted the Plan, which outlines key recommendations for improvement in the Downtown study area.
Many of these initial recommendations have been completed, some are in progress, and others remain incomplete. After 15 years of implementing the Plan, it is time to review the remaining recommendations and consider new ones.
- Downtown Historic Palm Harbor Master Plan
- Master Plan Implementation Status Summary
- Downtown Palm Harbor Study Area Boundary Map
The community engagement recommendations (summary report available below) were presented at the May 18, 2017 Board of County Commissioners work session.
The County seeks community input to identify potential updates to the Master Plan.
Meetings: Check back for additional meeting dates.
- May 18, 2017: BCC work session
- March 23, 2017:
The next Community Open House will be held at
6:30 p.m. at the Palm Harbor University High School Cafeteria to report back findings to-date and discuss proposed recommendations for updates to the Downtown’s Master Plan. There will be a short presentation summarizing background, findings and next steps at 6:50 p.m.
- January 26, 2017: The County held a community open house to discuss themes and gather additional input from the community.
- October / November 2016: The County met with Downtown Palm Harbor merchants, representatives from the Chamber of Commerce and the Palm Harbor Community Services Agency. Through these initial discussions three themes emerged: 1) Character and Identity; 2) Connectivity; and 3) Branding and Marketing.
- Previously proposed intersection improvement options on Alt. US 19 within Historic Downtown Palm Harbor - The Florida Department of Transportation hosted a public workshop on September 29, 2015 at Harbor Hall in Downtown Palm Harbor to review proposed intersection improvement options on Alt. US 19 within Historic Downtown Palm Harbor.
Representatives from Pinellas County and the Pinellas County Metropolitan Planning Organization were present to answer questions.
A presentation was given and then public questions and comments were taken.
- Information Brochure - Press Release
- Public Workshop September 29, 2015
- Public Workshop, December 8, 2015
- Please questions call FDOT Public Information Office: (813) 975-6060
- Old Downtown Palm Harbor Zoning District