310 Court Street
Clearwater, Florida 33756
Fax: (727) 464-8201
Lealman Community Redevelopment Area:
The Lealman Community Redevelopment Area (CRA) is the first redevelopment area in unincorporated Pinellas County. With established neighborhood patterns, access to major roadways, varying land options for housing and retail redevelopment, proximity to the Pinellas Trail, Downtown St. Pete and the beaches, Lealman offers significant opportunity for reinvestment.
In a collaborative effort, the county has begun the process of developing the CRA Plan, which will include further community analysis, advisory committee workshops and public meetings, and a variety of community engagement opportunities. The plan, in its final form will serve as a comprehensive framework to aggressively pursue a series of long-term, redevelopment and revitalization strategies while thoughtfully preserving Lealman’s history.
Following the adoption of the CRA Plan, the Lealman Redevelopment Trust Fund and Tax Increment Financing (TIF) District will be established by ordinance, freezing the tax base and establishing the base valuation of the property located within the CRA boundaries. Going forward, all taxes assessed on future increases in the value of properties within the CRA are appropriated to the Redevelopment Trust Fund.
As part of this process, the Board of County Commission, acting in their capacity as the Pinellas County Community Redevelopment Agency (PCCRA) will administer all redevelopment activities. In addition, the appointed, Lealman Community Redevelopment Area Advisory Committee (LCRAAC) is charged with the task of advising the Community Redevelopment Agency on issues including adoption of the CRA Plan and implementation by providing recommendations and assistance in identifying and prioritizing projects consistent with the CRA Plan.
Community Redevelopment Area (CRA)
Please note that due to restricted funds and an overwhelming response to our first grant cycle, as of April 1, 2018, Pinellas County Community Redevelopment Agency on behalf of the Lealman CRA will not be accepting anymore grant applications at this time. Future grant cycles will be announce as funding becomes available. Thank you!
Lealman CRA Grant Programs:
- Residential Improvement
- Commercial & Non-Residential Improvement
- March 29, 2016 - agenda / minutes
- May 10, 2016 - agenda / minutes
- May 24, 2016 - agenda / minutes
- June 7, 2016 - agenda / minutes
CRA Agency Meetings:
Ordinances & Resoulutions:
Adopted Ord. 16-35 - Establishing Tax Increment Financing for Lealman CRA
Adopted Ord. 16-36 - Amending CRA Agency Name
Adopted Res. 16-40 - Approving Lealman CRA Plan
For suggestions, comments and questions please email us.
- Lealman Citizen & Stakeholder Research Report
- The Economic Impact of Poverty (2012)
- Lealman Central Area Engineering Study (2012) - Worked with the community to identify ways that we can improve flooding and drainage concerns, as well as the overall quality of water flowing to Joe's Creek.
- Central_Lealman_Planning_Area (2003)
- Lealman Incorporation Feasibility Study (2002)
- Vision for Future Central Lealman - The residents, property owners, and businesses of Central Lealman have come together to identify what they want to see Central Lealman become in the future.
- Community Vision for Revitalization of Central Lealman - 2001 Adobe Acrobat Reader file (2001)