Contractor Licensing Department
The Contractor Licensing Department oversees day-to-day administration, records maintenance, and contractor license investigations in Pinellas County. The department performs the operational function of the Pinellas County Construction Licensing Board (PCCLB). The PCCLB, a dependent agency to the Board of County Commissioners, regulates the construction and home improvement industry through uniform contractor competency licensing, code adoption and code interpretations in Pinellas County.
|INVITATION TO PARTICIPATE IN CLASSIFICATION REVIEW|
|The Pinellas County Construction Licensing Board is undertaking a review of certain specialty licensing classifications. The current review includes the following specialties:|
The Board is seeking input from those interested in being heard or commenting in advance.
Discussion will be held Tuesday, March 17, 2020 at 12:30 p.m. If you are unable to attend in person, you are invited to submit your comments in writing using the link below. Public comment at the meeting is limited to three (3) minutes per speaker.
|Classification Review Form|
- Pinellas County Construction Licensing Board (PCCLB) - Renew licenses, pay fines, education requirements, county and city codes
- Contractor Classifications / Work Descriptions
- How to Choose the Right Contractor - En Español
- How to Choose a Contractor l Tips and resources to help you make an informed decision
- Contractor List l A complete list of all Contractors in Pinellas County
- Check a Business l A database of complaints filed against businesses in the County within the last five years
- Consumer Tips l Get information and resources to help in planning your project or choosing your Contractor
- File a Complaint Against a Contractor l Instructions and forms to file a complaint
- Florida Lien Law l How to avoid construction liens on your property
- Home Improvement Scams l Protect yourself against unsavory characters or schemes and how to report them
Report unlicensed construction activity
Follow the link above to report unlicensed construction activity. Reports can also be made by calling the Pinellas County Hotline at