Contractor Licensing Department
Our offices will be closing the first Wednesday of each month at 2:30 p.m. for internal training, development, and improvement.
We will also be closed for
President's Day, February 18, 2019.
The Contractor Licensing Department oversees day-to-day administration, records maintenance, and contractor license investigations in Pinellas County. The department performs the operational function of the Pinellas County Construction Licensing Board (PCCLB). The PCCLB, a dependent agency to the Board of County Commissioners, regulates the construction and home improvement industry through uniform contractor competency licensing, code adoption and code interpretations in Pinellas County.
- Pinellas County Construction Licensing Board (PCCLB) - Renew licenses, pay fines, education requirements, county and city codes (Takes you to PCCLB Main Page)
- How to Choose the Right Contractor - En Español
- How to Choose a Contractor – Tips and resources to help you make an informed decision
- Contractor List – A complete list of all Contractors in Pinellas County
- Check a Business – A database of complaints filed against businesses in the County within the last five years
- Consumer Tips – Get information and resources to help in planning your project or choosing your Contractor
- File a Complaint Against a Contractor – Instructions and forms to file a complaint
- Florida Lien Law – How to avoid construction liens on your property
- Home Improvement Scams – Protect yourself against unsavory characters or schemes and how to report them
Report unlicensed construction activity
Follow the link above to report unlicensed construction activity. Reports can also be made by calling the Pinellas County Hotline at