Contractor Licensing Department
ALL CONTRACTOR AND JOURNEYMEN LICENSES and registrations must be renewed by September 30. Click here to renew online and pay by credit card. If you are unable to renew online, return your renewal postcard and renewal fee paid by check or money order by mail. RENEWALS CANNOT BE MADE IN PERSON.
The Contractor Licensing Department oversees day-to-day administration, records maintenance, and contractor license investigations in Pinellas County. The department performs the operational function of the Pinellas County Construction Licensing Board (PCCLB). The PCCLB, a dependent agency to the Board of County Commissioners, regulates the construction and home improvement industry through uniform contractor competency licensing, code adoption and code interpretations in Pinellas County.
- Pinellas County Construction Licensing Board (PCCLB) - Renew licenses, pay fines, education requirements, county and city codes
- Contractor Classifications / Work Descriptions
- How to Choose the Right Contractor - En Español
- How to Choose a Contractor l Tips and resources to help you make an informed decision
- Contractor List l A complete list of all Contractors in Pinellas County
- Check a Business l A database of complaints filed against businesses in the County within the last five years
- Consumer Tips l Get information and resources to help in planning your project or choosing your Contractor
- File a Complaint Against a Contractor l Instructions and forms to file a complaint
- Florida Lien Law l How to avoid construction liens on your property
- Home Improvement Scams l Protect yourself against unsavory characters or schemes and how to report them
Report unlicensed construction activity
Follow the link above to report unlicensed construction activity. Reports can also be made by calling the Pinellas County Hotline at