- Licenses charitable, authorized organizations, and all lessors who are involved in the conduct of Bingo, High Prescribing Health Clinics, and Adult Use Establishments.
- Regulates moving and towing ordinances.
- Enforces price gouging ordinance.
- Enforces charitable solicitations and fortunetelling ordinances.
High Prescribing Health Clinics:
- Clinics that prescribe more than 20 CII and CIII controlled substance medications in a single day must be registered.
- Hours of operation must be limited to 7AM to 9PM.
- Please report non-registered clinics to our Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org or (727) 464-6200.
- Click here for more High Prescribing Health Clinic Permitting Information
Charities soliciting in Pinellas County:
- Can only solicit during the hours of 8AM until 9PM;
- Must identify the organization they are soliciting on behalf of;
- If requested, must send financial disclosure information to you within 14 days;
- Click here for more Charitable Solicitation Information
- Bingo games can only be played between noon and 2AM.
- The organization's license must be displayed in a conspicuous area.
Volunteers must wear name tags.
- For more information about organizations conducting bingo, contact the Office of Consumer Protection at (727) 464-6200.
- Click here for more information on Bingo
If you are planning on hiring a mover, remember:
- Movers must provide a written estimate prior to the move;
- The ordinance covers moves that begin or end in Pinellas County from either Pinellas, Pasco, or Hillsborough counties.
If you have any questions about movers, call (727) 464-6200.
- Click here for more information on Moving Ordinances
- Towing companies must notify local law enforcement of the date and time of the tow.
- Towing companies may only charge the maximum rates as allowed by the ordinance.
- Immobilization companies or "booters" may only charge $35.00 per incident.
- Click here for more information on Towing
- It is illegal for anyone to sell necessary goods or services at higher than normal prices during a state of emergency.
- Normal average retail prices are based on the average of two prices recorded over the past 12 months.
- If you believe that a business or individual is price gouging during a declared state of emergency, call (727) 464-6200 to report.
- Click here for more information on Price Gouging
- No one may engage in unfair or deceptive practices in the conduct of fortunetelling.
Adult Use Establishments:
- County Adult Use ordinance applies only to the unincorporated areas of the county.
- Each city has its own Adult Use ordinance.
- An adult use permit (zoning) must be obtained prior to submitting an application for a new adult use license. Please contact Pinellas County Building Services for more information or call (727) 464-3888.
- Adult Use establishments in the unincorporated areas of the county must obtain a license with the Office of Consumer Protection.
- Click here for more information on Adult Use Establishments