- Modeling agencies are required to be licensed by the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation. The license must be displayed at the business location.
- Modeling agencies cannot require the following:
- Payment of a registration fee.
- Subscription to a photography service.
- Purchase of audio or videotapes.
- Tuition for a school or workshop.
- Beware of agencies that require a large up-front representation fee.
- Be sure to obtain the entire contract in writing.
If you have question about any of the procedures mentioned here, or wish to check the complaint history of a business, contact the Pinellas County Office of Consumer Protection at (727) 464-6200.